• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuckcounty

Mar 14, 2012
    Bryantown/Baltimore, MD
    I was wondering whats the law on shipping gun magazines to Maryland? Is anything regulated about it like the capacity that you can mail. Or you can't mail any at all?

krew08

Lurker.
    Feb 26, 2010
    PA
    You may have magazines shipped with a capacity greater than 20 rounds to a friend or relative out of state, go and pick them up, and bring them into Maryland. (Assuming this is being shipped from a dealer out of state).

You may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition. Possession of these magazines is not illegal.

Last edited:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I'm right outside of Baltimore what would be the closest gun shop in PA?

The absolute closest on up I-83 is not the best to visit since they price things higher knowing MD residents will stop there.

As for mags, check the Gunshow section of the forum. A visit to a York, PA show can be very rewarding. Some folks will also wait until the bigger VA shows and go there.

I haven't dealt with the Industry Partner someone linked to but I have read good things about them.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Some UPS stores will let you hold packages there for pickup. You just have to find one close in a bordering state that will do it.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Would it be legal for me to go to a free state and buy some 30 round magazines, and then UPS them to myself in maryland?

Is it legal for somoone to move into maryland and have their household goods delivered, if their household goods contain 30 round magazines?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Would it be legal for me to go to a free state and buy some 30 round magazines, and then UPS them to myself in maryland?

Is it legal for somoone to move into maryland and have their household goods delivered, if their household goods contain 30 round magazines?

I'm saying no, moving is one thing, but your explanation shows that you went out of state to specifically purchase the magazines and you were not in the process of moving into Maryland.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

If your already out of state - Why wouldn't you just bring them with you? :confused:

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

My first thought was no... cause it just seemed weird.. but technically I'm not sure you're doing any of the prohibited actions. Not transferring, since you're already the owner, not buying/selling, offering to sell, or manufacturing.

I think you're in the clear. INAL, but good luck.

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    Ah, Virginia, the land of shall-issue, high capacity magazines and cheap(er) cigarettes. How I miss thee. Making a trip down to visit a buddy in just a few more weeks here to pick up an order of 10 PMags (bought him two as a thank-you for being the middleman), then go tear up targets at a private range. Looking forward to it. :)

Anyone else a member of one of the PA shooting/game clubs (Delta, SLCFSA, etc.) and know if their clubhouses/representatives will receive shipments for their Maryland members for things such as this?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Closest gun shop is The Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury.First exit, left, 2nd light on the left. I have mine shipped to the UPS Store in Shrewsbury, in the Walmart shopping center. Costs $3.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

You can order all the magazines you want on his website, at attractive prices. Then select the option to "pick up order in store". He will send you a confirmation when your order is ready, and you just drive up and pick it up.

His store is just across the line in Fawn Grove. Good prices, good service, no wasted trip, and you support MDS by buying from an IP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom