• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I didn't plan on buying parts for the extra upper and 7" hand guard I have lying around today, but this plus a sale on a 7.5" barrel at Bear Creek made me do it. Looks like I'm building a 7.5" 300 BLK upper to go with the 10.5" one I just finished.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I didn't plan on buying parts for the extra upper and 7" hand guard I have lying around today, but this plus a sale on a 7.5" barrel at Bear Creek made me do it. Looks like I'm building a 7.5" 300 BLK upper to go with the 10.5" one I just finished.

I have so many projects planned, I just buy this kind of thing when I see it. May as well save a few bucks.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I have so many projects planned, I just buy this kind of thing when I see it. May as well save a few bucks.

Yeah, I need to start buying for my winter projects since I just wrapped up my current ones except the Grendel build which is waiting on some headspace gauges. My problem is I’m more likely to buy everything at once instead of being smart about it and buying when there are deals to be had.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yeah, I need to start buying for my winter projects since I just wrapped up my current ones except the Grendel build which is waiting on some headspace gauges. My problem is I’m more likely to buy everything at once instead of being smart about it and buying when there are deals to be had.

If you just acknowledge you have a problem and you will never be done building AR’s it’s easier. Permabanned member Armed Ferret was in my basement doing some 80% lowers and giggled when he saw my pile of stripped lowers. Yeah, I’m hooked.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yup. You have to be careful with PSA, because of the multiple product lines, but if you buy their premium BCGs they're pretty nice, and Toolcraft makes them. You can find them for $70 pretty regularly.

You can also buy them right from Toolcraft for that price.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Nice. I didn't realize they'd gotten that cheap, but I hadn't looked at the Toolcraft branded ones in four or five years probably.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Any caliber other than .223/5.56 and 300 BLK use the same bolt? Debating picking up a few more to have on hand, but I'm not sure I need/want to build any more in those specific calibers at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom