• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    k264R01.jpg

Yeesh! LOL Well, this is what happens when it's three months between range trips:

QaVHwgj.jpg

50 rounds: Magtech 124gr FMJ, 25 yards

R0pMWAD.jpg

50 rounds: Aguila 124gr FMJ, 25 yards

I really don't enjoy shooting indoors and I think it shows? The FO front sight on the Shadow Orange is pretty much useless at HTC. There's not enough light to really get it glowing brightly so I had to take my best guess and most of the time it was WRONG! :smack:

Decided it was time to stretch it out, anyway, and see what it could do under less than ideal lighting at 25 yards and it did about what I expected with that ammo. The Aguila is noticeably softer-shooting than the Magtech yet both yielded about the same number of hits that were in-the-black. Zero malfunctions of any kind.

Last edited:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Very andsome. Especially like the color. Never shot a cz but i would expect it has a superb trigger? Congrats.

Thanks! The Shadow Orange is pretty special but, this one stopped at CZ Custom in Mesa, AZ first for a trigger job and hand-fitting of the slide and frame, along with polishing all the internals and a CZ Custom barrel and hammer. Trigger pull was set at 3.25 lbs. It's as crisp as any of my Colt and S&W revolvers.

Now that I've put 1000+ thru it, I can honestly say that there is not an appreciable difference in accuracy between it and the Shadow 2. The Shadow 2 definitely gives you more bang for the buck in terms of value. Where the SP-01 based Shadow Orange really knocks it out of the park, though, is in weight (half pound lighter), balance (nearly perfect with just a hint of front heaviness) and ergonomics. The feel is identical to a CZ 75B. Everything is within easy reach and totally familiar. If I had to choose between which I'd want to shoot in a match, the Shadow Orange wins that contest every time.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Thanks! The Shadow Orange is pretty special but, this one stopped at CZ Custom in Mesa, AZ first for a trigger job and hand-fitting of the slide and frame, along with polishing all the internals and a CZ Custom barrel and hammer. Trigger pull was set at 3.25 lbs.
    Handsome ( i really like that color, and there is just enough of it against that dark blue finish...beautiful) and effective. Enjoy it. Write up on shadow 2 in dec handguns.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Thanks! The Shadow Orange is pretty special but, this one stopped at CZ Custom in Mesa, AZ first for a trigger job and hand-fitting of the slide and frame, along with polishing all the internals and a CZ Custom barrel and hammer. Trigger pull was set at 3.25 lbs. It's as crisp as any of my Colt and S&W revolvers.

Now that I've put 1000+ thru it, I can honestly say that there is not an appreciable difference in accuracy between it and the Shadow 2. The Shadow 2 definitely gives you more bang for the buck in terms of value. Where the SP-01 based Shadow Orange really knocks it out of the park, though, is in weight (half pound lighter), balance (nearly perfect with just a hint of front heaviness) and ergonomics. The feel is identical to a CZ 75B. Everything is within easy reach and totally familiar. If I had to choose between which I'd want to shoot in a match, the Shadow Orange wins that contest every time.

The balance is why I went back to my SP01 after shooting a S2 for half a season.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Shadow 2's are effortless, hulking monsters of CZ goodness that make average shooters, like me, look better than what they really are! :D

rccJQhp.jpg

25 rounds, Blazer Brass 124gr FMJ @ 10 yards

iATQtAT.jpg

25 Rounds, Sellier & Bellot 124gr FMJ @ 10 yards

As fun as it is to shoot a 9mm pistol that accurately, the Shadow 2s ergonomics, weight and balance can't compare to the Shadow Orange's. Still, if you don't mind the additional weight and have big enough thumbs to reach the slide release with your shooting hand (I don't) then the Shadow 2 is a great choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom