• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Does anyone know if The Birchmere in Alexandria has any policy or signage to prohibit concealed carry? I don't see anything on their website, but maybe they didn't tell their webmaster to post it.

I know that No Guns signs don't have the force of law in Virginia, but it's nice to know how the owners feel on the topic.

http://www.birchmere.com/about-us/

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't know, but many laws are written so that if not's prohibited, it's allowed. Not sure if this applies. Wonder if anyone can confirm if no gun stickers are on the doors.

you could always call them, but you know what the answer will probably be.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Does anyone know if The Birchmere in Alexandria has any policy or signage to prohibit concealed carry? I don't see anything on their website, but maybe they didn't tell their webmaster to post it.

I know that No Guns signs don't have the force of law in Virginia, but it's nice to know how the owners feel on the topic.

http://www.birchmere.com/about-us/

I brought one in during a blue grass concert but it was at 6pm and mostly old people so I doubt security was the same as if you were to see THE LATE GRATE BILLY IDOL

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    I brought one in during a blue grass concert but it was at 6pm and mostly old people so I doubt security was the same as if you were to see THE LATE GRATE BILLY IDOL

My wife and I are going to see Jonathan Coulton on Saturday night. Not exactly an international superstar, but we like his music. His politics, eh, not so much.

I'm not especially worried about inside the venue, but that parking lot is worrisome, particularly in the dark after the show ends.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    My wife and I are going to see Jonathan Coulton on Saturday night. Not exactly an international superstar, but we like his music. His politics, eh, not so much.

I'm not especially worried about inside the venue, but that parking lot is worrisome, particularly in the dark after the show ends.

Really? Seemed like a nice area to me. Even hot that bar with all the old sodas and hipster beer afterwards.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Really? Seemed like a nice area to me. Even hot that bar with all the old sodas and hipster beer afterwards.

It's been a while since I've been down there. All I remember is that the parking lot seemed dark and had a weird layout that provided lots of hiding places. I don't think it's in a bad part of town (not really knowing the area), but I recall the parking lot seeming to have lots of opportunities for mischief.

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    I don't recall any signs, but it's been a while. I will say that I was happy I was not carrying when there was a security check prior to the arrival of the president's chief of staff when he came out to see a show. I looked for signs after that show and didn't see any.

I've never had a concern about the parking lot, but I've always showed up early and left with the crowd. My greatest concern is with hitting pedestrians backing out of a parking space.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I've never had a concern about the parking lot, but I've always showed up early and left with the crowd. My greatest concern is with hitting pedestrians backing out of a parking space.

Back into your parking space. That way you can pull out forward when the tipsy crowd is around you.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    I don't recall any signs, but it's been a while. I will say that I was happy I was not carrying when there was a security check prior to the arrival of the president's chief of staff when he came out to see a show. I looked for signs after that show and didn't see any.

Interesting. It makes me wonder what would have happened if you had been carrying. Since it's completely legal, as far as I can tell, even if it were posted, I would think the worst they could do is make you go stow it in your car and come back. Or is there something I'm missing?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I used to live a block away from there... (on four mile run) about 20 years ago. And haven't set foot on that hall.. lol

Use to be a quiet area.. don't know about now.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Interesting. It makes me wonder what would have happened if you had been carrying. Since it's completely legal, as far as I can tell, even if it were posted, I would think the worst they could do is make you go stow it in your car and come back. Or is there something I'm missing?

The parking lot did have a weird ass layout, I'll agree to that but honestly I wouldn't be concerned or scared in the area. That being said if you choose to carry.....do you boss! I forget the name of that hipster bar we stopped in but they did carry CheerWine and Ale8One so I was quite happy!!! Ale8One is my favorite soda and you can't find it anywhere!!!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The parking lot did have a weird ass layout, I'll agree to that but honestly I wouldn't be concerned or scared in the area. That being said if you choose to carry.....do you boss! I forget the name of that hipster bar we stopped in but they did carry CheerWine and Ale8One so I was quite happy!!! Ale8One is my favorite soda and you can't find it anywhere!!!
    Mmmm.. cheerwine..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Used to watch the Scene on Thursday nights at the old Red Fox Inn in Bethesda before it burned down. The Scene had move to the Birchmere before the fire.

good times

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom