• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Wow, 12 pages of posts for an issue that's been discussed ad nauseam since the bill was originally passed and answered again this time quite completely within the first 5 posts......:sad20:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It should also be noted that FFL's were advised by MSP that it is illegal for them to transfer any magazine that holds over 10 rounds out of state as well. That makes it tough on FFL's that have boxes of magazines that they can't sell or transfer out of state.

No, what they said is, it is illegal for an FFL to sell an MD resident a firearm, and ship the mags that came with it to outside MD.

So I buy an pistol that come with 12 rounds mags. The FFL may NOT send those mags outside the state to get them to me.

They did not ban them from selling the mags outside the state.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It's really pretty simple. They passed this law and tell voters, "look what we did." When they did nothing. It's the same with M1A rifles. You can buy it in MD in 6.5 creedmoor, but not in .308. and they did back and tell voterd. "we are keeping this military rifle out of MD." And the uninformed but it and vote for them again and again.

Two different things.

1) What the law says. M1A is banned.

2) What MPS interprets the law as, M1A in 6.5 CM is not a copy of the M1A.

Not sure how they decide that since the M1A listing does NOT specify caliber. And other listings DO list caliber.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Two different things.

1) What the law says. M1A is banned.

2) What MPS interprets the law as, M1A in 6.5 CM is not a copy of the M1A.

Not sure how they decide that since the M1A listing does NOT specify caliber. And other listings DO list caliber.

Lack of intersection with logic; almost required in law and interpretation in MD

JRussell87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 9, 2018
    Hey guys sorry to re-rail the topic but I have an interesting situation.
    United gunshop in North bathesda says if I buy my MPX from there they have to dispose of the 30rnd magazines no way to ship them to out of state address
    another gunshop (I wont name ATM for their protection} said the can ship them to out of state address or even to a gunshop (not naming atm) just over the nice bridge

Who is in the right? Who is in the wrong In the eyes of the law?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    United gunshop in North bathesda says if I buy my MPX from there they have to dispose of the 30rnd magazines no way to ship them to out of state address
    another gunshop (I wont name ATM for their protection} said the can ship them to out of state address or even to a gunshop (not naming atm) just over the nice bridge

I think the law is a little vague here. But I believe the MSP sent out info to all MD FFL's stating that they are NOT to ship 10+ cap mags that come with firearms out of state for the buyer.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

United is correct.

MSP put out an advisory on that.

Honestly, mags across the bridge are cheap, its not even worth the postage anyway.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    3 sig mpx mags are almost $200 totally worth the price lol

I see 20 rnd Sig mpx Gen 1 mags online for cheap ($13 plus shipping: https://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-sauer-mpx-9mm-20-round-magazine.html) . Not Gen 2, naturally. I googled it and I think Gen 1 mags work in Gen 2 guns. For $13, might be worth a try before you are $200 deep in mags.

You can have these shipped to a UPS store in VA, or your favorite FFL for pickup.

Maryland is stupid!

ETA: I feel your pain, I have an HK MP5, those mags are expensive too. Worse than not getting $160 of mags when I bought the gun, I got them pinned to 10 rnds. They are an abomination. Possibly useful as a club.

JRussell87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 9, 2018
    I see 20 rnd Sig mpx Gen 1 mags online for cheap ($13 plus shipping: https://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-sauer-mpx-9mm-20-round-magazine.html) . Not Gen 2, naturally. I googled it and I think Gen 1 mags work in Gen 2 guns. For $13, might be worth a try before you are $200 deep in mags.

You can have these shipped to a UPS store in VA, or your favorite FFL for pickup.

Maryland is stupid!

I wish...gen 1 has differant feed lips lips that causes ocasional feeding issues in gen 2 mpx models

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom