• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    did nikon say why they're ending their relationship with the NRA? does anyone know why? so are all you guys going to boycott ford, chevy and chrysler, and toyota, nissan and honda. they're not supporting the NRA, right? how can nikon be worse off by starting and stopping, vs all those that never supported the NRA?

Companies with long standing relationships (such as spending money and time to be a physical presence at NRA events, as Nikon has done), and which rely on the 2A's protections to make that part of their business viable ... absolutely deserve scorn when they suddenly end that relationship in the middle of a highly politicized campaign run by millionaires to spuriously tie NRA members to crime. That's isn't "not supporting," that's "making an obvious message-sending move in response to politics." I probably own $40K worth of Nikon gear. I'm highly disappointed.

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    The Yeti boycott was easy, that crap was too expensive to begin with. I don't need a 400$ cooler riding around in the back of my truck for a weekend of cold beer, ice is cheap or freeze milk jugs.

The Nikon I'm going to be pissed if it is true and not that they just didn't come to the convention.
    They already have my money but if my stuff stops working I'll have to research which cameras to buy.
    That said, which would be better, a company who deserted us or never supported 2A ?

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    The Yeti boycott was easy, that crap was too expensive to begin with. I don't need a 400$ cooler riding around in the back of my truck for a weekend of cold beer, ice is cheap or freeze milk jugs.

The Nikon I'm going to be pissed if it is true and not that they just didn't come to the convention.
    They already have my money but if my stuff stops working I'll have to research which cameras to buy.
    That said, which would be better, a company who deserted us or never supported 2A ?

What I can't stand is the hypocrisy of the companies like Dicks, Yeti, Springfield, Nikon, and whoever else that make money off of 2A practitioners and then tries to diminish our rights or stop supporting the cause. The firearms industry generates +$50 Billion and I hope those maggots lose every bit of their share and then some. And, the hypocrisy is why I HATE many of the actors/actress' that are out their today. Sure, it's okay for them to make millions off a gun-heavy movie... But, God forbid some actually own one.

In any case, to your question, the deserters can go to Hell.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I won a Yeti cooler today at the annual conference I attend. Instead of not using a really nice cooler, I will be plastering it with NRA, SOTAR, Henry, and Colt stickers I have laying around. It will also be going on many hunting trips and gun outings.

Screw you Yeti. But keep my beer cold.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Time to chainsaw all my Nikons, just like they do their AR 15s.

Wouldn't it really suck to get shot in the foot by your own banned weapon?

Political correctness totally sucking fvcks!

Just so we all know, I was just fooling about...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I won a Yeti cooler today at the annual conference I attend. Instead of not using a really nice cooler, I will be plastering it with NRA, SOTAR, Henry, and Colt stickers I have laying around. It will also be going on many hunting trips and gun outings.

Screw you Yeti. But keep my beer cold.
    The NRA is sending stickers specifically designed for Yeti coolers ...

stand-with-the-foundation.jpg

... if one makes a donation to the NRA Foundation.

I don't see how to do this online, but here's the essential text from an email instructing what to do ...

Make a tax deductible contribution to the NRA Foundation and I will mail you 6 free stickers. You can put them on your YETI cooler, your truck /car window, your gun box or gun case or any where you choose.

The NRA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization and contributions are tax deductible.

Mail your check for payable to "The NRA Foundation" to me at the address below. (Be generous it's tax deductible and there is NO LIMIT on how much you can give). Be sure you include your correct mailing address so I can mail your stickers to you.

Marion Hammer
    NRA FOUNDATION
    P.O. Box 1387
    Tallahassee, FL 32302

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    The NRA is sending stickers specifically designed for Yeti coolers ...

stand-with-the-foundation.jpg

... if one makes a donation to the NRA Foundation.

I don't see how to do this online, but here's the essential text from an email instructing what to do ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks! I’m going to do that.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Mythbusters had a hard time doing that, but I think they were too close. You've got to get some distance for the bullet to fully stabilize. I read in Hatcher's Notebook about penetration testing they did with the .30-06 into oak. I don't remember any of the numbers off hand, but it penetrated significantly farther at longer ranges than up close. The reasoning was that the bullet wobbles a little bit from the central axis of it's rotation at first and is more easily deflected into a tumble. Once it gets straightened out, all its mass is moving in exactly the same vector (see, I'm using fancy words, so it has to be true:innocent0) and gets driven in straighter and deeper (hmmm...now I'm just talkin' dirty!:o). I'll see if I can track down the actual numbers.

Good luck, and pics, of course, are expected :D
    They also later realized that Hathcock was using AP rounds b/c the bullet had a higher BC and was observed to be more accurate than the other loads available at the time.

As for Nikon...meh. All my optics are SWFA w/ one Bushnell in the mix. They don't really offer anything for the same price point that's close, and I don't think they even know what a milrad is.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No point to trash items you already own, Nikon or whomever has already recieved their $ . My recent purchase of *used* Nikon gear doesn't give any profit to Nikon .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom