• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    MD gunshows are not even worth the entry fee and should be called the knife/jerkey/jewlery show I am going to a real show York next weekend

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    I understood what both Mr H and Overboost were saying and both were right in their own way, as for Lou ... yup I understood that too.
    There is no haggling with Fred! My total was $46.65 and he asked for $47 because he did not have change.

I can't help it! I am an accountant and it's called rounding. If it had been $46.49, the price would have dropped to $46. :)

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Not an item of interest, so I honestly don't know. Sorry.

I guess I need to clarify a couple of things...

Some here know that I've been pretty vocal about MD gun shows needing better participation (vendors and public) in order to thrive. The fact that this show sold out tables, IMO, is something of note. People coming to buy is important, too.

My comment about how good the show is, is simply about vendor participation and variety. Prices are not my problem. You (generically) want lower prices? Talk to the vendors. Seriously. Many of them will gladly charge what the market will bear. Others (like Lou) will be fair. It's up to the consumer to set the price point.

My prior post was partly intended to be tongue-in-cheek, but also to indicate that this particular show seems to be improving.

It's very good news that this show is improving. Years ago, when Frank from Bay Country guns put on this show, it was usually a pretty good show for a mid-sized show. That was a number of years ago. When the show resumed with a new promoter just a few years ago, I went with hopes it would be like the old one only to be bitterly disappointed. Reports from the next couple shows there weren't any better. However, your comment (and hearing a few things through the grapevine) suggest that this show is indeed improving (then again, it had no place to go but up!!!:rolleyes:). I haven't gone to it since that crappy first show, but I'll have to give it a shot again.

Thanks for the report Mr H.

senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    It was an ok show. There really was not a lot of guns, though. Ammo prices were high (who pays these) and most new guns were higher than retail. Used guns had some decent prices and the dealers were willing to hear reasonable offers.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    It was an ok show. There really was not a lot of guns, though. Ammo prices were high (who pays these) and most new guns were higher than retail. Used guns had some decent prices and the dealers were willing to hear reasonable offers.

I challenge the "most new guns were higher than retail". It is hard for me not to take that personally. Please come point that out to me at Timonium in 3 weeks. Just ask for Fred.

senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    I challenge the "most new guns were higher than retail". It is hard for me not to take that personally. Please come point that out to me at Timonium in 3 weeks. Just ask for Fred.

Ruger 10/22's were tagged for between $280-$350 without any major mods. They sell for $270 and below most shops I visit. Saw a cx4 Storm tagged for $800. I apologize if I offended you that was not my intention. I am just reporting what I saw there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom