• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    It will be difficult to walk in and not see Lou45 sitting there with that look on his face, pen in hand and reviewing yet one more 4473 that someone failed to fill out properly.

RIP Lou... You are missed. :cool:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Antiques and curious don't need the background check, even from an FFL. Just to add one more complication.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Antiques and curious don't need the background check, even from an FFL. Just to add one more complication.

if you are from maryland and have an 003ffl and intend to get a c/r handgun, you still have to fill out the 77r for the msp.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    if you are from maryland and have an 003ffl and intend to get a c/r handgun, you still have to fill out the 77r for the msp.

Maybe he meant does not need the HQL.
    For those that don't know, You don't need to have an HQL to purchase a C&R Handgun. You do need to do the 77r paperwork and 7 day wait though.
    One Caveat, the FFL you are buying it from needs to know the rules. (I know one that made me use my HQL even for a 1943 pistol)

Antique pistol, LOL, don't know why they mention that on the HQL form because that is not a firearm at all.

fiveloaves

Sep 9, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Thank you for the guidance from this thread.
    I am thinking of selling my Savage Anschutz Mark 10 (not an assault weapon) at the show, and from everything I have read, I just need to make sure the buyer is a Maryland resident.
    The text below is from the NRA-ILA:
    Purchase - Maryland does not regulate the sale of rifles or shotguns and no permit is required to purchase a rifle or shotgun that is not an "assault weapon."

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I am thinking of selling my Savage Anschutz Mark 10 (not an assault weapon) at the show, and from everything I have read, I just need to make sure the buyer is a Maryland resident.
    Purchase - Maryland does not regulate the sale of rifles or shotguns and no permit is required to purchase a rifle or shotgun that is not an "assault weapon."

You are correct. BUT, to add to that: You must believe the buyer to be legally able to purchase the firearm. So if you know He is a felon, you cannot sell to him. Most people will get a Bill of Sale with the buyers Drivers License info on it along with a simple statement that he is NOT a prohibited Person.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

Correct and if you wish (I also recommend) you can use MD Case Search to check a buyers name and have them sign a bill of sale to note that they aren't prohibited person. You can also do a transfer through one of the FFL's at the show (I recommend Blue Fins).

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Correctamundo. Mopar is cashsexual and will take any opportunity he sees to make some dollars.

will you be wearing your t-shirt?:D

Attachments

• im_not_gay_but_20_is_20_t_shirt.jpg
      im_not_gay_but_20_is_20_t_shirt.jpg
      23.6 KB · Views: 386

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads