• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Got some pmags (the new ones) a cproducts 7.62 mag for AR's and a parts for my 10/22 (auto bolt rel etc) saw a few deals, when I asked a "local" dealer Arund*l Fire*rms & P*wn about some deals they had if they would hold till the week and if they had also heard about us (MDS) the lady grimmised and said "that website, yeah what about it" (paraphrase), I said, thanks but nevermind and left.
    A few other deals to be had if you knew your prices and shopped around (pmags from $13-16 non windowed, and window from $15-19). I took my folks, they had fun, Mom now wants something and dad was just in eyballing the class3 stuff like a kid in candyshop.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I have ZERO issues with checking prices online. Heck with some of the items you'd be silly not to.

For instance my buddy was looking for 12 round Saiga 12 magazines. One table at 55, another at 45, another back at 55, another at 50. No "buy 3" deals or anything of the sort.

30 seconds on a cell phone and you get an idea about a "fair" price.

Some of the small AR bits were priced at store rates. While that's fine and dandy I'd rather support a local vendor if I'm going to pay those prices.

I think you may have taken that the wrong way.

What I meant was how could some of the dealers have the audacity to post some of the prices they do? I mean $10 for an aluminum G3 mag? Come on, I 'd give a few bucks a piece but 10...NOPE.

Another thing I "like" is some of the "facts" spewed by some of the nitwits. They make me :lol2: and :sad20: inside all at the same time.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I will say this though,some of the vendors were just down right mean and nasty. I dont know why.

A friend I went with was planning on buying an ACR Saturday. The first one he saw at the show he asked if he could pick it up and was told no very rudely. We gladly went to another table on the other side of his setup and bought the first ACR he saw as well as a bunch of mags and accessories, brought it back to the first guy and informed him that he may want to try harder next time. I can understand that you don't want every person that comes by the booth handle a new gun, but you don't have to be a prick about it.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    A friend I went with was planning on buying an ACR Saturday. The first one he saw at the show he asked if he could pick it up and was told no very rudely. We gladly went to another table on the other side of his setup and bought the first ACR he saw as well as a bunch of mags and accessories, brought it back to the first guy and informed him that he may want to try harder next time. I can understand that you don't want every person that comes by the booth handle a new gun, but you don't have to be a prick about it.

How did the first dealer react when he came back and showed him the other ACR?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    They still had the best price on a spikes side loading havoc, 295.00

They could be giving them away, it doesn't change the fact they are frauds.

I would love to know who they were just so I could talk to Spikes about them, and let others know just what cocks they are.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    "Why didn't you tell me you were going to buy it!?"

From my perspective it was pretty amusing.
    :facepalm:

Even if one wasn't going to buy it, it certainly goes a long way to let potential costumers handle the merchandise. I mean, what's the point of going to see these rifles if you can't finger them?

Oh and a Big +1 to the EWL guy who was at the show, I have a bottle of Slip2000 that came with my M6A3, and he sold me a bottle of the carbon cutter AND gave me a free 1oz bottle of Slip2000 to store in my Magpul MIAD.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    They could be giving them away, it doesn't change the fact they are frauds.

I would love to know who they were just so I could talk to Spikes about them, and let others know just what cocks they are.

From Tom Miller (Spikes CEO) at AR15.com :

"I know who it was, it's Warrior's Tactical, they are a pretty big dealer of ours but, they are not us."

So, mystery solved and Spikes is now aware of the problem.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    "Why didn't you tell me you were going to buy it!?"

From my perspective it was pretty amusing.

:lol2:

On the other hand I had a couple of dealers who were a little too pushy/talkative. After listening briefly I just politely thanked them for their time and walked on. I would have probably stayed and talked if I wasn't limited on time.

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Did you guys see the guy who had Beretta 92Centurians for $295. Sweet price!!!

I was lookingfor the Police 870 Wingmaster Trade ins....1 left for $195. I passed on it! it was in great shape!
    That same vendor had Sig 220 used for $425. They looked dirty inside, but looked as if they had not been fired very much at all.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I think you may have taken that the wrong way.

What I meant was how could some of the dealers have the audacity to post some of the prices they do? I mean $10 for an aluminum G3 mag? Come on, I 'd give a few bucks a piece but 10...NOPE.

Another thing I "like" is some of the "facts" spewed by some of the nitwits. They make me :lol2: and :sad20: inside all at the same time.

Sorry about that.

Agreed.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Had a good conversation about Yugo SKS's with the guy who was making and selling an attachment for the grenade launcher that shoots golf balls up to 500yds. I told him of my problems with mine and he had some good advice and even let me tear down his demo model (wasn't for sale) to see exactly how my gas system should work. I would enjoy the kind of golf where I can shoot the balls at the holes...:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom