• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Only the government and the police should have drones.

Next will be a seven day waiting period and background check to purchase one. Then a DQL (Drone Qualification License).

Can you buy a drone if you're on the No Fly List? And if so why bother buying one if you can't fly it?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Wow, just wow. Never had a problem with model airplanes or helicopters , but drones ... God forbid.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Progression of the psyop and the war on freedom. Probable next steps:
    1) Schools in lockdown because a kid has an unregistered RC toy.
    2) PSA's to report people with anything that looks like a "drone".

It's a matter of time before people in parks with RC toys start getting SWATed. Watch for it.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    "The federal government has never met a problem it doesn't think a database will solve."

TOWcritter

Self Sufficent Sovereign
    Nope...as a matter of fact...triple nope. I may just fly mine on a one way flight....somewhere...... to make a point.......a point of how easy it is to make something have a failure..........Idiots.......

Attachments

• bmore.jpg
      bmore.jpg
      48.4 KB · Views: 1,545

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    "Let me be clear. If we can register all drones, which are mere toys, then we can surely register all firearms. It's the right thing to do".

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    "The federal government has never met a problem it doesn't think a database will solve."

Orwell was merely 30 years to early in his prediction (of course, even scarier that he was writing that book in the 40s).

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    A few lawsuits are already in the works, as they probably expected, the regulation is in direct violation of the FAA modernization act of 2012 section 336, so it's far from settled. The FAA is throwing around penalties up to $1/4 million, and 3 years in federal prison, everything RC that flies between 8oz and 55lbs is affected, FAA officials have also stated the $5 fee will be increased shortly, no plan or standards for data privacy, the website they are requiring registration through in a week does not exist yet, most everyone in the RC community is flipping out about the whole thing.

Unfortunately there are a few vocal weenies that think a new government list(for "other people" of course) and volunteering for a "virtual lineup" will save lives, obviously any terrorists or criminals will be the first to register. Have read from a few who are planning to register, "battered drone syndrome" owners who think official papers and a"nothing to hide" attitude will keep them safe, then an unfortunate few who will register or quit the hobby who are afraid of losing their clearance or pilots license. Then there is the vast majority who won't register, either unaware of the need, or as a middle finger to tyranny. Everyone in the fight for gun rights should watch this one close, there are a lot of parallels, big .gov agency forcing rogue regulations in violation of statutory law, registration being pushed as the first step in control, creating millions of new criminals, and all for fears of a problem that has not caused any serious injuries or deaths, and of course any misuse resulting in damage, injuries, or privacy violations are already covered by existing laws.

SEC. 336. SPECIAL RULE FOR MODEL AIRCRAFT.
    (a) IN GENERAL.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law relating to the incorporation of unmanned aircraft systems into Federal Aviation Administration plans and policies, including this subtitle, the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration may not promulgate any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft, or an aircraft being developed as a model aircraft, if—
    (1) the aircraft is flown strictly for hobby or recreational use;
    (2) the aircraft is operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization;
    (3) the aircraft is limited to not more than 55 pounds unless otherwise certified through a design, construction, inspection, flight test, and operational safety program administered by a community-based organization;
    (4) the aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft; and
    (5) when flown within 5 miles of an airport, the operator of the aircraft provides the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation (model aircraft operators flying from a permanent location within 5 miles of an airport should establish a mutually-agreed upon operating procedure with the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport)).
    (b) STATUTORY CONSTRUCTION.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit the authority of the Administrator to pursue enforcement action against persons operating model aircraft who endanger the safety of the national airspace system.
    (c) MODEL AIRCRAFT DEFINED.—In this section, the term ‘‘model aircraft’’ means an unmanned aircraft that is—
    (1) capable of sustained flight in the atmosphere
    (2) flown within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft; and
    (3) flown for hobby or recreational purposes.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    A few lawsuits are already in the works, as they probably expected, the regulation is in direct violation of the FAA modernization act of 2012 section 336, so it's far from settled. The FAA is throwing around penalties up to $1/4 million, and 3 years in federal prison, everything RC that flies between 8oz and 55lbs is affected, FAA officials have also stated the $5 fee will be increased shortly, no plan or standards for data privacy, the website they are requiring registration through in a week does not exist yet, most everyone in the RC community is flipping out about the whole thing.

Wait, do you mean they put Anthony Brown in charge of the drone website?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Wait, do you mean they put Anthony Brown in charge of the drone website?

Might as well have, they have 1 week to develop a website, privacy protocol, a purchase and refund system, and it all must work without fail. Millions of people will be required to use it in order to avoid becoming a federal criminal, what could go wrong:rolleyes:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I recently hit my video record on my phone by accident and then tossed it across the room to the couch. I suppose I better register my phone to keep from violating drone laws in case it happens again.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I recently hit my video record on my phone by accident and then tossed it across the room to the couch. I suppose I better register my phone to keep from violating drone laws in case it happens again.

There are a couple papers and videos out about the conference and the sheer stupidity of it, enforcement of the loose patchwork of regulations announced today is left to local LEOs, who I'm sure will be jumping at the chance to bust people flying their Christmas present. Apparently the FAA considers anything that flies outdoors, and can be controlled from the ground between 8oz and 55lbs to be a drone. Tethered or free flying, RF, IR, cabled or mechanical control link doesn't matter. Control line planes, helis, quads, planes, even friggin kites, doesn't matter if it has a camera or not. Luckily I only fly indoors;)

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    If it's not autonomous then it is not a drone... Not sure how we started calling all RC helicopters "drones".

porscheguy

Jul 30, 2012
    Not wanting to play devil's advocate, but people know how government operates, and that didn't stop a few idiots from ruining the fun for everyone. When you fly your drone into commercial airports, and deliberately antagonize your neighbors, it's only a matter of time before regulations happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom