• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So did Wayne LaPierre, Chris Cox, and Donald Trump. On NRA TV Chris Cox supported red flag bills and said states should get money to implement them.

Good luck trying to convince a bunch of Maryland Republicans to out-gun the NRA. Hogan carved out a position to the right of Trump on the red flag and bump stock bill.

People can argue that the NRA sold people out, I would not disagree. But thats the past. At this point, go along, or get left behind. There is no going back.

I saw the nra rep testify against both the anti gun bills hogan just signed, I also watched Wayne speak about red flagging nuts before they could do these mass shooting. Never heard either of them say anything about stepping on the constitution or people’s right to due process. People should try and listen more closely

Trump , I didn’t hear him say that either but I haven’t been following him so?

And if hogan didn’t like 1302 he sure didn’t show it at the signing now did he?

But your right, hogan screwing us is history, why repeat history and re-elected him to continue to do it year after year for 4 more years?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'm not a single-issue voter. With reelection I'd expect to see continued tax relief, representation for Western Maryland/Eastern Shore, the uneasy bipartisanship, along with school sytem and Baltimore City accountability.

When he first got elected and didn't immediately take on gun issues many here felt he may be smart to wait until his second term. One can only hope....

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    A very looooooong time. Nothing you've suggested will happen between now and Nov.

Nobody is debating the merits of your idea. The question is what to do in the interim.

Right now the Dems in MD are torn between leftist and leftister. It will take a shock, like a 2 term republican gov to shock them into realizing that they have gone too far.

But maybe they haven't. It sounds to me as though people here want O'Malley back.

How much shock value would a second term for a governor who signed what they wanted bring? He went along to get along.
    Like I said, it will not happen overnight but we can not just stop the tide, we can actually reverse it if the plan is followed.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'm not a single-issue voter. With reelection I'd expect to see continued tax relief, representation for Western Maryland/Eastern Shore, the uneasy bipartisanship, along with school sytem and Baltimore City accountability.

When he first got elected and didn't immediately take on gun issues many here felt he may be smart to wait until his second term. One can only hope....

What if -- hypothetically speaking -- Hogan's non-2A policies have a side effect, even an unintended consequence, of making Maryland freer in other areas, so it is more hospitable and conducive to the type of people who are 2A-friendly?

What if his policies and programs, over time, ultimately encourage more Republicans to live here, rather than to flee the State for VA, PA, FL, NC, or other parts, things nearly everybody here says they want to do?

What if he's actually playing the long game by bringing Maryland off the brink of Leftism, against all odds and against the numbers, to help Change Maryland for the better, so it will become more tolerant of people with different views and values than those the urban liberals hold?

There's a reason why the Dems hate him, stripped him of all the powers they could, override his vetoes when they can, and oppose him at nearly every turn. It seems that he must be doing something right.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Before even contemplating who should receive your vote, there is something much more important to be looked at. This thread is a prime example. There is so much division and so many willing to accept the loss of freedom, that we really need to go back and take a good look at what this country stands for. Those who founded this nation made great sacrifices! Look at how many of those who signed the Declaration of Independence lost everything they had! Freedom is not free, it's price is often high. Ask yourself if you want to be free or if you are perfectly willing to continue to be subjects. Any tyrant can be defeated if enough people decide they will not endure tyranny and act. Only a small number of people ever step forward to do the work and lead. If democrats are as lazy as most here claim, the task should be simplified. Invade the democratic party, step up to positions of influence and change the narrative!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Hogan will have but one priority in his second term: Pass the torch to Rutherford. I predict he will do anything short of changing parties to do so. It will not be pretty.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Christine O'Donnel lost by 17 points , where Castle was polling to take the seat back. Everyone bemoaning Hogan has forgotten all the yes votes from R delegates the first round. They changed because they win by very few votes and very motivated voters. It is why O'Donnel won the primary, not many vote in them, but they do in the general...

I have a problem with that stand for what you believe in stop being a follower . IMO that doesn't make them trust worthy

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If he doesn't win, I guess we'll never find out if he was really going to ignore 1986 full auto laws, make Maryland a machinegun sanctuary state, and hand out untraceable auto sears.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    It's stunning to me that so many ostensibly pro-2A will eagerly cast a vote for a guy who has signed multiple gun control bills.

This forum is still called Maryland Shooters, right?

I voted for Hogan last election. As a owner of Binary triggers, Fostech echo and a bumpstock, he definitely does NOT have my vote after signing off my gun rights. If my wife votes this November, she too will not vote for him.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Republicans running for vacant safe Republican seats would be wise to ditch the "team hogan" signs.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Then maybe consider the possibility you are in the minority even among republicans in MD.

After all, that great defender of the 2nd amendment told us it was ok to ban bump stocks and "get the guns first, go to court later." See also: Chris Cox and Wayne LaPierre.

What does drumpf have to do with anything? Or the NRA? Is this you arguing that since other idiots espoused a shit position and Hogan acted like a lemming that makes it ok? Or should I respect Hogan for adopting the same stupid view that the "pro gun" people at the NRA did because he's an idiot on guns?

You're trying very hard to sell Hogan to a group of people he just f***ed.

My vote is apparently irrelevant to my delegates and Governor. They are now irrelevant to me. No one could even dignify me with a response to my emails. I'm keeping my registration the same to oppose them in the primary then I'm going to change and vote against them in the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom