• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    FEG PJK-9HP. Metal parts were soft. Beautiful bluing though.

H&K USP9SD Only gun I've ever lost money on. It was accurate though. Otherwise, a giant black blob of teutonic mehhh.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Well is is VERY different - I'll give you that. Not a timeless design like (e.g.) the Colt 1911.

That much is certain. Like I said, the GB had it's fans and even competed against the Beretta 92 to replace the 1911 during the early 80's. It wasn't a POS by any definition. Steyr makes great stuff and in the end, the GB was probably way ahead of its time for 1983.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    For me The bushmaster pistol from way back. Looked cool as can be . but had a terrible trigger ( long and you could feel the trigger bar bend as you pulled it) and lots of FTF and FTE . After some time messing with it I got it working much better . But will never own another 1.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    For me The bushmaster pistol from way back. Looked cool as can be . but had a terrible trigger ( long and you could feel the trigger bar bend as you pulled it) and lots of FTF and FTE . After some time messing with it I got it working much better . But will never own another 1.

I remember those! A friend of mine had one, I thought it was the coolest thing until we took it to the range. It was jamming all day. :tdown:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Only one I regretted buying was a Taurus .17 HMR revolver. DA trigger pull was north of 20lbs. SA trigger pull wasn't much better. Despite the heavy trigger, there were constant light strikes. For rounds that did fire, the shell case ruptured (split wide open) about half the time. I sold it dirt cheap and never looked back.

Mines been ok one chamber is a little sticky but shots fine. Only paid like $140 for it

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Bersa 383 DA. Worst pistol I have ever fired. Would jam every other round. Turned me off Bersa products forever.

Taurus PT-25....had these plastic "pearl" grips that fell apart the first time I shot the pistol.

I know the thread specified handguns, but here are some long guns that failed to impress.

Mossberg 702 Plinkster. A toy gun that supposedly shoots .22 and has the Mossberg name on it. Crap from the first time shooting. Felt like it was made of cheap dollar store parts.

Winchester 1400 lefty semiauto shotgun. Almost turned me off semis. If all semi shotguns performed like this one, I'm surprised any got sold. The action was lousy. It was accurate, though......when it would cycle.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    - CZ 97BD. I expected it to be somewhere in the same stratosphere as my Sphinx. Not even close. I will probably end up selling it or getting it cajunized to be more like a Sphinx.

OK, I take this one back. This gun is a keeper. Either one of two things happened...I broke it in or the CZ is a little ammo picky. No malfunctions before, but suddenly this gun is a tack driver. Not like a Sphinx or a Colt 1911, but still a nice pistol.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    OK, I take this one back. This gun is a keeper. Either one of two things happened...I broke it in or the CZ is a little ammo picky. No malfunctions before, but suddenly this gun is a tack driver. Not like a Sphinx or a Colt 1911, but still a nice pistol.

It happens, a couple years I was cursing and swearing about my Sig2022 jamming the first 4 or 5 mags. 1,500 rds later without failure, it protects my family. Some of the best guns just take a little range time and minor tweaks to be exceptional.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I never sell guns, but I missed on a purchase back in 1997......... $1500 Action Arms IMI Galil from Schilens Guns. Just seemed like so much money back then, I settled for a Bushmaster XM15 for $799. Still kicking myself.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    My ".45 longslide 'without' laser sighting", is quite the jam-o-matic, but definitely an icon.

AMT Long-Slide Hardballer. Only 1911 I ever saw jam using the ammo it was named after. Still, it's an icon made famous by Ah-nold in that gun shop scene in The Terminator, "Forty-five long slide wit layza sighting.." I know someone who has the 10mm version. I think it's called the 'Javelina' or something like that?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I never sell guns, but I missed on a purchase back in 1997......... $1500 Action Arms IMI Galil from Schilens Guns. Just seemed like so much money back then, I settled for a Bushmaster XM15 for $799. Still kicking myself.

When it comes to missing-out/passing-over purchase opportunities, I could win a one-legged ass kicking contest.

I had a chance to buy a Valmet M76 in either 7.62 or 5.56 and passed on them both. Bought an H&K 91 instead and kept it for a long time, in spite of it rendering spent brass un-reloadable due to its fluted chamber.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I regret my Sigma, as well. 9mm though. I actually need to put it on consignment and get rid of it.

Good luck. You can get brand new ones for dirt cheap. I was thinking about selling mine, but I would get so little for it, I just keep it in the safe for when SHTF and I need to barter with the Saviours or something.

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    Legion P226 SAO

Wow! I love mine! Eats everything I feed it and has the best trigger of any pistol I have ever shot.

Then again my contribution to this thread was going to be a 4" Nickel Python. For a gun touted as super-accurate I have never had good groups with it. It will remain in my collection as a safe queen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom