• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    You're not an operator until you can field strip and assemble a Ruger Mk ii drunk.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Man...:sad20:...OP is up all night drinkin, mashing together AK-15 hybrids with HK parts, and wakes up fine. The weather changes a little, and stone sober me wakes up with a headache :rolleyes:

May I offer the "Drunk Ruger Mark Anything < IV Assembly challenge":innocent0

Best post of the thread!! :D

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Maybe because it is promoting drug abuse.

The very thing that killed that guy in Woodbine.

Drunk posting is not quite the same as wandering around shirtless and screaming obscenities at the neighbor while pounding on their door. There is a wee bit of difference. Very wee, but its there if you use a 3x prism optic.

And you know vodka is pretty good for cleaning gunk off a BCG :innocent0

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I found a spring yesterday while working on a friend's rifle and shuffling things on my worktable. I did not recognize it and immediately stopped what I was doing and looked at drawings for the last three guns that I worked on and discovered it belonged in my new M-57 which I had cleaned days before but I must have missed my parts bin when disassembling the pistol and the spring ended up on the table under something else.

I did not notice it missing because I was not yet familiar with all of the parts in my new toy and this is my first TT type. I do not think that I will ever repeat that mistake and am thankful to have found the spring's home before experiencing what might have happened without it in place.

Since I take multiple medications affected by alcohol, I do not drink. After doing something like this while completely sober, I think I will pass on the challenge.

Gotta admit that I did have a good laugh, though.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    That was the intent sir. If anyone smiled, the world is a little bit better place for it.

Mind you....the post WAS real. I WAS drunk stripping rifles. :D

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Actually, I think everyone should take one of those laser/sensor-based dry-fire tests for 10 minutes sober, then (while under the excruciatingly strict control of a sober person) do it again while shit-faced, with video. Then watch it the next day. Because there's some things to learn about yourself that way.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Actually, I think everyone should take one of those laser/sensor-based dry-fire tests for 10 minutes sober, then (while under the excruciatingly strict control of a sober person) do it again while shit-faced, with video. Then watch it the next day. Because there's some things to learn about yourself that way.

I think I follow you but please elaborate. I'm kinda' dumb.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I think I follow you but please elaborate. I'm kinda' dumb.

Basically, allowing your sober self to honestly assess the difference between your sober and drunk gun handling skills can help put some things in perspective. I don't usually drink past a couple, but I know that more than that and I start to lose some motor skills and probably a lot more good judgement than I'd like to admit.

There's more to the topic than the usual "don't clean guns when you're drunk" message. How much of your well-considered home defense sensibilities and planning are gone if you're three sheets and having a good time with friends when something ugly happens? Like that guy in Woodbine ... what if the homeowner had, himself, been asleep next to his wife as he actually was, but having just shared a couple bottles of wine? How differently would he have conducted himself, and how different would the consequences have been for him? I know, I'm a buzz kill!

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'll freely admit, if someone came storming in while I'm f'ed up with gun parts all over the floor, I'm screwed!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You'd be in a bad position with all your gun parts spread over the floor during a home invasion , if you were sober .

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They don't even sell cleaning solvent in Russia do they? I just assumed they use Vodka.

NO Russian would WASTE vodka cleaning a firearm with it.

Vodka is for DRINKING. While you clean the firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom