• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have a TLR-1 HL on my P320 and I really like it. I have Surefire lights on two of my long guns and I can't say that they work any better than the Streamlight.

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    If you aren't as worried about finding holster options, take a look at the Olight PL series lights as well. My PL-2 is brighter than my TLR-1 HL and the new ones have a magnetic charger to constantly keep them topped off.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have both the TLR1s and the X300. I like them both. For the price, you can't beat the Streamlights.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I have been using TLR-1s and TLR-HL for years. Nothing but good things to say about them. Recently picked up a few TLR-8s, which also seem very very good. Additionally, streamlight customer service is top notch and their factory is in PA. I have visited it and had a Streamlight Stinger with a broken switch replaced on the spot. The only caveat with a g19 and tlr1 is the light lens tends to get a little sooty because the lens extends past the muzzle.

IF you're interested, I do have a couple Viridian C5L lights with green lasers i am selling if you want to try one of those out. While the light isn't as bright as the tlr 8 it is a very usable flood beam and holsters are available. The holsters are specially designed to automatically turn the light on upon drawing from the holster. PM me if you're interested.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    TRL-HL on my G19. The extra length of the light prevents you from pushing the gun out of battery if you have to push it into an intruder or mountain lion.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have both the TLR1s and the X300. I like them both. For the price, you can't beat the Streamlights.
    Pretty much this. I wound up going the TLR route1 due to price - the lights are cheaper, and I like that my guns are (more or less) compatible with the same light-bearing holsters.

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I've got a TLR-8 on my Glock 19 and really like it. I would suggest seeing what standard light holsters are out there for the firearm/light combination you're looking to purchase, or add about $100 for a new custom holster too (which isn't necessarily such a bad thing)!!:party29:

AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City
    I'm very pleased with the light output and fit of the TLR-3 on my 21sf:

B1ECD187-F8CE-4051-A912-AE3094058876_zpscuszenyd.jpg

Andreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member