• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Have been interested in a M91 for a long time (I'm a sucker for 54R.) Saw this in their catalog they released earlier and I got excited. Apparently they have a price listed at shotshow... $3500 seems ridiculous.:sad20: Is it REALLY that different than a VEPR or PSL. Heck, banned VEPRs are still selling for half that.

Attachments

• WD9nnTg.jpg
      WD9nnTg.jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 2,191

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Looking at the M91 and PSL, comparing the 2, the receivers look similar. Even having the bulged trunion. The PSL is not supposed to shoot heavy ball, and it looks nearly identical to the M91. The M91 benefits from an adjustable gas system, but I wonder if it can still handle heavy ball ammo, because I have a ton of it. There have also been reports of Zastava guns having some soft metal, but haven't specifically heard anything about the M91since it hasnt been here. The M77, the 308 gun, has mostly gotten great reviews. I have one, but havent shot it yet. Of course the M77 was around 650ish, not 3500. I would buy a Russian Vepr before a PSL or M91 now that Csspecs is making mags for them. Unless someone has a thing for Serbian or Romainian guns.

Last edited:

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    Hopefully we will see some of the Zastava Arms USA M91 rifles arriving this summer and be able to see exactly how well they are made . We have shipped thousands of OPAP , NPAP & M92 models and not had soft metal issues .The internet can take 1 or 2 issues and make it seem like a pandemic.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its hard to pony up that kind of money for either...…..when you can have a custom VEPR and nice commie optic for similar.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    Yes the price is high but it is nice to see another Import option offered even if they are no cheap . The Chinese SVD imports are selling for 7 -8 K

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    I'll post to this topic....since I know more about this than anyone else including the importers. I am also not a fan of those who use these boards to shill their products. The model 91 in 54r has russian optics on them...the mags are specific to this rifle. They are not going to fit anything else...next this rifle is also available from the factory in .308 caliber. This is a 2 moa rifle with decent ammo....in 54r once the barrel heats up. It is a Kalashnikov action not anything like a SVD....so your 7k to 8k is high in a soft market for a Chinese unit.

To the guy that posted above "half the price" your are indeed correct. This rifle should be at 1599 with five mags as issued, spring loaded firing pin set to US geometry, and the flash hider attached as a faux flash hider not milled through.

So what we have are what I call the hot and horny of the industry. Oh my I gotta be the first to have one totally overpriced. So basically your paying future equity in advance and not going to make a dime....why? Because of what they are and what they are not....and that is accurate. For this kind of money your getting ripped off, and your wallet is being levitated.

For this kind of money you can get a .308 or another caliber tack driver in many platforms that'll blow away the post dissonance these people are going to have when the cool factor dies off.

Again if the price point was correct, they would sell more, a price point being fair, and import objectives met. I have no interest in a rifle with a 325% markup on top of and including import duties.

There is no exclusivity that will accommodate a price that is not correct for the product itself. Not in the year 2019.

By the way for the naysayers....look at the scope on it....they are factory 78.00 each. Nuff said.....save your money at this price.

For the importer and distributor....I utilized professional jurisprudence not to post the actual production costs for these rifles. The receiver rears are different from production in and for Serbia.

Bring the price down.....one more comment....the factories original employees are now pensioners and the new production is very good but not the overall quality of the prior imports from the 1985, 1989 years.Those were outstanding examples.

Wait till the price comes down...it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom