• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Crawled the 70 miles to the Lebanon Show today. I didn't have high expectations, it being so close to the holidays, but I was still disappointed. The lot was almost full at 11:30 a.m. & the three rooms were almost full, but the guns, ammo & accessories would have filled one of the two bigger rooms nicely. Knives, jewelry, confectionary food, and non-shooting stuff was in abundance. I saw a lot of people buying guns, but I think mostly handguns (those lucky Yankees).

The few M-1s & Carbines seemed higher than the last show. There seemed to be a lot of vintage ammo, not a lot of modern. One big ammo dealer, but I found no 158 grain .38 special or .357. No 303 British. I saw no 10 round AR mags (just in case). There were a number of Mosin-Nagants ($350+) and SKSs ($600+), but, there was this "Unissued" Yugo SKS, with service manual for $550. I was too short by about half.

This is the first time I was disappointed with this show and came home with all my money. (Also, the admission went up a buck).

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I've been thinking of dipping my toes back into attending shows but everyone I talk to about it has the same response. I buy and sell old Glock parts and even they are far and few between.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I hope you remembered to swing by Shyda’s while you were there. I also run over to Richlands which is about a 10 minute drive.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Crawled the 70 miles to the Lebanon Show today. I didn't have high expectations, it being so close to the holidays, but I was still disappointed. The lot was almost full at 11:30 a.m. & the three rooms were almost full, but the guns, ammo & accessories would have filled one of the two bigger rooms nicely. Knives, jewelry, confectionary food, and non-shooting stuff was in abundance. I saw a lot of people buying guns, but I think mostly handguns (those lucky Yankees).

The few M-1s & Carbines seemed higher than the last show. There seemed to be a lot of vintage ammo, not a lot of modern. One big ammo dealer, but I found no 158 grain .38 special or .357. No 303 British. I saw no 10 round AR mags (just in case). There were a number of Mosin-Nagants ($350+) and SKSs ($600+), but, there was this "Unissued" Yugo SKS, with service manual for $550. I was too short by about half.

This is the first time I was disappointed with this show and came home with all my money. (Also, the admission went up a buck).

It seems like SKS's (asking price anyway) has jumped up $100-150 in the past few months. It just doesn't seem right that entry level AR's can be had for less.

I'm sorry (but I guess not too sorry:shrug:) I couldn't go with you. Even if the show was a total bust, I could have probably found something to buy at Shyda's ;)

Hopefully it's just a temporary post-holiday slump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom