• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    At the end of February, a passer-by discovered a tarp/bag-wrapped body behind a bus stop on the southbound side of Old Georgetown Road, a block or two north of the Beltway, south of Democracy.

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2019/02/26/detectives-investigate-homicide-in-bethesda/

Today the MoCo PoPo identified the body as that of 25 year old Francisco De La O De La Cruz of an unconfirmed address.

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2019/03/04/bethesda-homicide-victim-identified/

All we know is that he wasn't killed on the spot. I'm assuming the proximity to the beltway means it was an on-the-move-we-need-to-get-rid-of-this-hit-job situation, and they found a marginally quiet residential stretch of that road and took 30 seconds to heave. Whoever did this obviously now has a lot at stake (them roaming my county sounds like G&S to me). The up-county MS13 style wack/dump stuff has been steadily oozing down 270 and ain't going away.

surprisinglyminty

Feb 5, 2013
    That’s quite unfortunate that this happened. A human life is a human life.

Prayers up for the family of that fellow.

My coworker was actually minutes from the scene when it all unfolded as he lives close by. From his account, it was quite a boondoggle with all kinds of personnel and bystanders.

In regards to the actual events leading up to this, I agree that there is a possibility with this being gang related due to the method of body dumping.

It makes me uneasy to here of the proliferation of the MS13 , One Way Gang and Hit Squad but not limited to.

I think these kind of events provide enough to G&S for ccw. I’m always a bit uneasy when I find myself in Lakeforest...times have definitely changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    It makes me uneasy to here of the proliferation of the MS13 , One Way Gang and Hit Squad but not limited to.

I think these kind of events provide enough to G&S for ccw. I’m always a bit uneasy when I find myself in Lakeforest...times have definitely changed.

How racist.

These are just "Dreamers" who came to this country for a better life and do jobs like dumping bodies, that Americans no longer want to do.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    What's become of Montgomery county.

Democrat Constituents, 'dis how we roll!

I’m always a bit uneasy when I find myself in Lakeforest...times have definitely changed.
    I would NEVER EVER go into Lake Forest mall... No way.

H Mart a few blocks down?
    Heck yeah - KOREANS are running the joint, like in LA, Koreans are not to be messed with.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’m always a bit uneasy when I find myself in Lakeforest...times have definitely changed.

Used to live in Gaithersburg. Used to pop over to that mall for a tool at Sears, a bite of food, a pair of socks, or just for a stroll with a cup of coffee on a cold winter's day. Wife and I won't ever be back. It's turned into a gang haven, especially at the wrong times of the day. Our neighborhood in G-burg got overrun by MS13. County cops wouldn't even come down our street without at least two vehicles. We had to bug out, because it was just a matter of time before my unwillingness to be intimidated was going to make my wife a widow. Damn shame.

And if I try to explain that to the local SJW cat ladies here down county, they literally don't believe that it can be like that just a few minutes up 270. And they vote based on that unwillingness to hear and see reality. It's dreadful.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Heck yeah - KOREANS are running the joint, like in LA, Koreans are not to be messed with.
    Especially the Korean women running the sample stands...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

surprisinglyminty

Feb 5, 2013

Hah. I come from a lineage of roof Koreans. Proud to say that it still runs in my blood.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    That’s quite unfortunate that this happened. A human life is a human life.

Prayers up for the family of that fellow.

My coworker was actually minutes from the scene when it all unfolded as he lives close by. From his account, it was quite a boondoggle with all kinds of personnel and bystanders.

In regards to the actual events leading up to this, I agree that there is a possibility with this being gang related due to the method of body dumping.

My wife and I refuse to go there, haven’t been in I don’t know how many years. We’re in Frederick but if we feel the urge for a mall larger than FSK, we’ll drive the extra distance to Columbia or Westfield Montgomery.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    At the end of February, a passer-by discovered a tarp/bag-wrapped body behind a bus stop on the southbound side of Old Georgetown Road, a block or two north of the Beltway, south of Democracy.

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2019/02/26/detectives-investigate-homicide-in-bethesda/

Today the MoCo PoPo identified the body as that of 25 year old Francisco De La O De La Cruz of an unconfirmed address.

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2019/03/04/bethesda-homicide-victim-identified/

All we know is that he wasn't killed on the spot. I'm assuming the proximity to the beltway means it was an on-the-move-we-need-to-get-rid-of-this-hit-job situation, and they found a marginally quiet residential stretch of that road and took 30 seconds to heave. Whoever did this obviously now has a lot at stake (them roaming my county sounds like G&S to me). The up-county MS13 style wack/dump stuff has been steadily oozing down 270 and ain't going away.

Almost within eyesight of the anti gun banner at St. Luke’s Episcopal.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Used to live in Gaithersburg. Used to pop over to that mall for a tool at Sears, a bite of food, a pair of socks, or just for a stroll with a cup of coffee on a cold winter's day. Wife and I won't ever be back. It's turned into a gang haven, especially at the wrong times of the day. Our neighborhood in G-burg got overrun by MS13. County cops wouldn't even come down our street without at least two vehicles. We had to bug out, because it was just a matter of time before my unwillingness to be intimidated was going to make my wife a widow. Damn shame.

And if I try to explain that to the local SJW cat ladies here down county, they literally don't believe that it can be like that just a few minutes up 270. And they vote based on that unwillingness to hear and see reality. It's dreadful.

This scares the crap out of me. Didn’t realize it had gotten that dangerous. My eldest just started a new job on 355 across the street fro LFM.

Looks like a refresher conversation is in order

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    This scares the crap out of me. Didn’t realize it had gotten that dangerous. My eldest just started a new job on 355 across the street fro LFM.

Looks like a refresher conversation is in order

Yep, it's bad and getting worse.

There have been multiple shootings, stabbings, and even some murders at the mall an in the areas directly adjacent.

There was a murder there a few years back where a transgender "woman" was killed by a gang member she had grown up with after she embarrassed him in front of other members. In retaliation, he and a bunch of other gang members executed her in front of her mother in an alley next to the mall.

Mont. Village and Lakeforest are proof positive that if you want to send a neighborhood down the crapper, section 8 housing and transit malls will do it faster than anything.

I can't tell you how glad I am that I have 3,700 acres of park land separating me from the bus routes down county.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    There was a murder there a few years back where a transgender "woman" was killed by a gang member she had grown up with after she embarrassed him in front of other members. In retaliation, he and a bunch of other gang members executed her in front of her mother in an alley next to the mall.

I like to think that I keep up on MoCo crime, but this is the first I heard of both the OP subject and this LF murder.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Same reason we de-assed the area and moved to Frederick. Had a discussion with an ambulance crew, and they were lamenting the onset of Spring, because with the warmer weather they had to start wearing body armor.
    I walked with Wolf in a parade in Potomac leading up to the last election. SJW cat ladies boo'd and heckled our group as we passed ... as if "evil Republicans" were responsible for the problems in MoCo ... it was surreal.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Yep, it's bad and getting worse.

There have been multiple shootings, stabbings, and even some murders at the mall an in the areas directly adjacent.

Mont. Village and Lakeforest are proof positive that if you want to send a neighborhood down the crapper, section 8 housing and transit malls will do it faster than anything.

I can't tell you how glad I am that I have 3,700 acres of park land separating me from the bus routes down county.

OY

She’s a pretty sharp and aware kid but having grown up in Frederick and gone to college in Erie she’s likely not prepared for this environment.

She’s a petite young lady with a ballerinas physique so at a minimum I’ll ask her to make sure she doesn’t walk to the car alone.

What’s the latest on MD legal bear/pepper spray?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    OY

She’s a pretty sharp and aware kid but having grown up in Frederick and gone to college in Erie she’s likely not prepared for this environment.

She’s a petite young lady with a ballerinas physique so at a minimum I’ll ask her to make sure she doesn’t walk to the car alone.

What’s the latest on MD legal bear/pepper spray?

IIRC, Tasers/Stuns are now allowed in all counties for the purpose of self defense. Pepper Spray is also allowed.

Generally speaking, if she isn't naive, and isn't there at night, she's likely not going to ever have an issue. Still, better safe than sorry.

I mean, I know people who do well, but choose to live in Mont. Village because they feel more comfortable in an area that is predominately of the same race as them. Aside from minor issues that can happen anywhere, they've been fine. That said, they also know where NOT to go. Tell her to talk to co-workers and find out what's safe to do and what's not.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I like to think that I keep up on MoCo crime, but this is the first I heard of both the OP subject and this LF murder.

I heard about it the day of. Neighbor is MoCoPD and was on the scene at one point.

Same reason we de-assed the area and moved to Frederick. Had a discussion with an ambulance crew, and they were lamenting the onset of Spring, because with the warmer weather they had to start wearing body armor.

I walked with Wolf in a parade in Potomac leading up to the last election. SJW cat ladies boo'd and heckled our group as we passed ... as if "evil Republicans" were responsible for the problems in MoCo ... it was surreal.

Unfortunately, I think you're only getting a bit of a jump on the problem. I foresee Frederick having more problems in the near future with the sheer growth that is going on up there. All those new developments mean more and more liberals fleeing from the problems that their policies created. First they fled from PG to MoCo, now they're fleeing down-county MoCo for Upcounty and Frederick (especially Urbanna). Eventually they'll outnumber true Frederick folks and thanks to their dense, cookie-cutter communities, won't get out of their bubble to assimilated to the more agrarian society that exists there now which means they'll just bring their bad habits and bad laws with them.

As for being booed in Potomac. It doesn't surprise me. They feel safe there. There's no Metro stop, no real main roads that allow rapid transit (and criminals) to make easy inroads, and once you get west of the "village" it's all multi-million-dollar mansions and forests until you hit Tobytown and Berryville/Seneca. Even then the less-than-wealthy there aren't the kind that tend to cause the sort of trouble Wolf was willing to combat. Potomac, as a whole, is one giant gated community. The walls just happen to be a river, woods, farms, I-270, and the folks in "North Potomac" who moved there to try and rub elbows with their "betters."

rocket1331

Jul 9, 2014
    Any suggestions for a decent spray or taser thats compact and md compliant? Just wondering. Live in columbia and its becoming a ******** in some areas

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Any suggestions for a decent spray or taser thats compact and md compliant? Just wondering. Live in columbia and its becoming a ******** in some areas

My personal favorite for spray is the Kimber Pepperblaster. Its form factor helps to preserve all your other shootin' muscle memory, carry sensibilities, etc. And though I've never had to make it deliver, I appreciate that it by all reports does exactly what it's supposed to do. Even if I'm carrying a for-real firearm, I'll often have the pepperblaster with me while walking the dog - because that can help shut down aggressive behavior from someone's off-lead pooch without me having to add holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom