• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Okay, thread title is click bait since this will only apply to a few here. MFRI (if you don't know what that is you probably aren't eligible) just added TECC to its curriculum. They have classes scheduled through next June already, most at MFRI hq in College Park but some in outlying areas. It's part of their ALS class schedule but appears to be open to EMTs as well. I did email them asking for clarification on the prerequisite. I'm going to sign up for one ASAP assuming I can.

[The Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) program is based on the principles of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) and meets the guidelines established by the Committee on Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (Co-TECC). The course teaches civilian tactical EMS; any EMS practitioner called upon to respond to a mass casualty or active shooter event. This 16-hour course covers topics designed to decrease preventable death in the tactical situation. Topics include: Hemorrhage control; surgical airway control and needle decompression; strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments; caring for pediatric patients; and techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety. Due of the nature of this course it will only be offered at MFRI HQ, MFRI Regional and select approved facilities.

Schedule here

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Prerequisites:
    The prerequisite for this course is current certification as an ALS provider, Nurse or other advanced medical degree.

OR

Current enrollment in an ALS initial certification program.

EMT-I/CRT/EMT-P required. EMT-B does not qualify.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Bummer. You sure about that? Some ALS classes do list those qualifications as a prerequisite but I know some don't require it such as GEMS, PTHLS and Emergency Pediatric Care which any currently certified "emergency services provider""can take.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I was thinking about taking it even though I don't do EMS much anymore.

Sounds like a fun course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom