• Not worth my time, poor.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Did you hear anything from Administration? Will you be posting the code here?

I'll post it as soon as someone in authority gives the OK.

Incidentally, I've heard rumor of an interesting webinar this Saturday. ;-)

--Andrew, @LawSelfDefense

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Maybe Andrew could Private Message those on MDShooters that desire the discount code?
    I don't know, but it's an idea.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'll post it as soon as someone in authority gives the OK.

Incidentally, I've heard rumor of an interesting webinar this Saturday. ;-)

Andrew, I'm not an admin here, but I assure you there is no problem with you posting a discount code for members to use; it will be well received and appreciated, please do!

Also, I've signed up to attend a seminar here in Maryland. What materials will you be handing out or do you recommend we bring a copy of your book?

Looking forward to meeting you and better soaking in this valuable information. Thanks for doing a "road show", I know there's little money in it, but is a tremendous help to our law-abiding community (including our brothers in blue naturally).

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Andrew, I'm not an admin here, but I assure you there is no problem with you posting a discount code for members to use; it will be well received and appreciated, please do!

Also, I've signed up to attend a seminar here in Maryland. What materials will you be handing out or do you recommend we bring a copy of your book?

Looking forward to meeting you and better soaking in this valuable information. Thanks for doing a "road show", I know there's little money in it, but is a tremendous help to our law-abiding community (including our brothers in blue naturally).

Hey Minuteman,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I don't get to spend much time on forums and only check in occasionally.

With respect to what's provided at the seminar, you'll receive BOTH a printed copy of the presentation slides--there's about 300 slides, so it's essentially a state-specific self-defense law textbook--and an emailed PDF document that lists every self-defense statute, jury instruction, and court decision referenced in the seminar, with hyperlinks back to their full-text versions back at the Law of Self Defense blog.

By the way, for the MD seminar all of this will cover not just MD self-defense law, but also VA and DC self-defense law--it's a three-fer.

My goal is to help attendees NOT have to take extensive notes--if you're taking detailed notes you're not listening to what I'm saying, and frankly that's the more important part. Anybody can read the statutes, etc., in their own time, it's UNDERSTANDING how the law is ACTUALLY applied that's the real value-add of what I teach.

FYI, for anyone who's been considering attending an upcoming MD seminar, filling up fast, and I generally only do the smaller states once every year or two or three.

Finally, with respect to the discount code, still happy to share one, but still need an admin's approval. I'm well aware that these forums are generally supported by sponsor funding, and I don't want to do anything that would be perceived as undercutting that.

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Finally, with respect to the discount code, still happy to share one, but still need an admin's approval. I'm well aware that these forums are generally supported by sponsor funding, and I don't want to do anything that would be perceived as undercutting that.

By the way, if the admins would prefer I'd be happy to set up the discount code such that this forum has a revenue share--I do that kind of thing all the time. It's not anything that makes anybody rich, but a couple bucks here, couple bucks there, pretty soon you're talking a box of large pistol primers. :-)

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    By the way, if the admins would prefer I'd be happy to set up the discount code such that this forum has a revenue share--I do that kind of thing all the time. It's not anything that makes anybody rich, but a couple bucks here, couple bucks there, pretty soon you're talking a box of large pistol primers. :-)

I reported your post so hopefully the admins will get back to you if you haven't already contacted them.

MDS has no sponsors, only us minions, but I respect you want the okay from the admins.

I have your book and it is, indeed, excellent!!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I received this automated email from the author the other day:

If you didn't already know, there's now huge price cuts on both the print and Kindle versions of “The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition.”

The price of the print version at our blog, www.lawofselfdefense.com, has been cut to $19.99 (from the list price of $49.95). This is the place to buy, particularly if you would like the books autographed, perhaps for Christmas gifts.

The price of the print version on Amazon.com has been cut from $49.95 to $24.95: Buy On Amazon Here
    The price of the Kindle version has been cut from $49.95 to $9.99. That's NOT a misprint: $9.99: Buy On Amazon Kindle Here
    The price of the Barnes & Noble Nook version has been cut from $49.95 to $14.95: Buy on Barnes & Noble Here

There's never been a better time to acquire a copy (or spare) copy of the Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition for yourself, or for your family and friends!

Best Regards,

Andrew

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm attending one of the two seminars by the author this weekend; will likely purchase a signed copy of this book directly from him this weekend. I understand he also hands out classroom material.

Many/mostly firearms instructors and lawyers are attending his training this weekend. There will undoubtedly be a lot of folks updating their legal defense material after these sessions. I was very pleased to learn that once you have attended one of the authors paid lectures, should you ever need legal assistance, the author will speak with your attorney for free.

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    I was very pleased to learn that once you have attended one of the authors paid lectures, should you ever need legal assistance, the author will speak with your attorney for free.

It's true that we provide our graduates with that first initial hour legal consult for free (for others we charge our usually hourly rate, currently $450), but I feel obliged to explain why we do this.

It's not that we're nice guys (although we try!) or that we just want to thank you for having attended the seminar (although we do!).

It's because when we get a call from one of our graduates who's been involved in a defensive force event, the facts are usually in pretty good shape. Thus our job is much, much easier.

In contrast, the facts of a non-graduate case tend to be an absolute mess, a big bowl of cold, prison-grade spaghetti, all of which needs to be carefully untangled with the hope that we'll end up with a useable fact pattern at the end.

Which is fine, I'm not complaining about it, that's what we do for a living.

But we charge for that.

It turns out, believe it or not, that when a person knows the rules, and has incorporated them into their self-defense tactics, it's much easier to stay within the rules while winning the physical fight, and thus end up with a much cleaner, and much more legally-sound, set of facts for the legal fight.

Who knew? :-)

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member