• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    PS - In case you weren't aware, the Utah permit does nothing in Maryland but make a cool secondary form of ID. Personally, I won't flash it around unless I wanted to be frisked by a hot lady.

I am aware. I am getting it so I can exercise my rights in neighboring states.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Just got mine in the mail today. Class was Feb 18, Check was cashed March 21, so what is that, like 85 days?

That sounds about right considering the dramatic increase in applications since December of last year.

The folks in my classes have been getting theirs in about the same amount of time.

g_mars

Mar 22, 2013
    Just to throw in my $.02, mine arrived yesterday, about 57 days after they cashed the check. Pretty much right on schedule.

Too bad it's useless around these parts...

MSP could also take some notes & learn how to do some work...

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Just to throw in my $.02, mine arrived yesterday, about 57 days after they cashed the check. Pretty much right on schedule.

Too bad it's useless around these parts...

MSP could also take some notes & learn how to do some work...

Good to hear. Be safe and use your permit well.

Utah received my info packet on May 1st, cashed the money order on May 16th, I received my permit this past Friday July 12th. I must admit my Arizona CCW permit looks way better than Utah's does. Not really knocking the looks of Utah's CCW permit, just my mug shot isn't on my Arizona permit...lol. Thank God we have non resident CCW permit issue states. It still seems odd to me that the very state I live in I can't get a CCW permit while other states offer them to me.

When I called Utah asking about the status on my permit a few weeks ago I was told the wait time is 60-70 days after they take payment. I know the law states 60 days but that's what I was told. Rock on non resident CCW permit states, screw you maryland, besides I'd rather give my money to those states anyways.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I was in Utah less than a month ago. At that time, I understood the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) staff to remark;

The BCI considers an application "received" when they cash your check or process your credit card. Receipt starts the 60 day clock before which the BCI is legally required to process your application.

The BCI anticipates more than 110,000 applications will be received this year (@$51.00, that’s $5.61 million in state revenue)

In expectation of a record number of new applications, the BCI has recently hired three, additional, full time staff and expanded their administrative offices.

Each of the BCI’s two Utah Concealed Firearm/Instructor permit printers print continuously, on average 10 hours per day.

Continuing Utah BCI’s history as a leader in public safety and goverment efficiency, a recent, new program now provides for online permit renewals. (you can even upload a digital photo!).

I could not complement the people of the great State of Utah, the Utah State Government, and the Utah BCI enough, for their support of the Second Amendment, their support for responsible gun ownership and their dedication to government efficiency in service of the people.

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    You should get it within 60 days of the check being cashed. Class was late March, check cashed mid-April, received mid-June, just under 60 days.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The clock starts ticking from time payment is processed, not the class date.

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I know that. I posted the total time of the process. To give people an ideal how long the total wait will be.
    It 60 days after they cash your check.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just making sure.

For me it was from 02/19 to 04/29, class to permit in hand.

dpnaylor

Oct 12, 2010
    Sent my Utah CCW paper work in on May 7th. I got my permit this Saturday July 20th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom