• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j124l

Jun 26, 2017
    If I am hunting deer on my own property, do I need to abide by the different calendar times for firearms, bow hunting, and muzzleloader during the season or can I use firearm throughout?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Abide by seasons, hunting hours, bag limits, possession limits, antler restrictions. You don’t need hunter orange (pretty sure), and don’t need a license. As previous poster says you’ll need waterfowl stamps, and if you get drawn for bear you’ll need a bear stamp. Not sure if you need muzzleloader and bow stamps or not. It’s in the hunting guide though, one page summary.

http://www.eregulations.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/17MDHD-LR2.pdf

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    You do need hunter orange for firearm and ML seasons. On your own property. Isn't that ridiculous?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You want the trespassers to be able to see you, don't you?

It’s as much people on other properties being able to see you.

Not everyone is safe.

Not really a poachers thing.

Bow and muzzleloader stamps not needed if you only hunt your property. Orange required in the appropriate seasons and game as noted. You DO need to buy a bonus buck stamp if you are going to take a bonus buck.

You MUST still report the harvest of a deer or turkey on your own property. Contact DNR for a DNR ID number so you can report harvests or get a migratory bird or bonus buck stamp.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ( Unless Damage Control Permits ) Must follow the regulations that otherwise apply in your area . Including reporting where applicable .

Bow , ML stamps not required .

Even when not required , I wore orange .

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    But you do have to buy a bonus buck stamp.

If you are looking at other things, fur bearer stamp is required. Not sure the trapping permit for your own property.

I don't have the book in front of me but I'm pretty sure a property owner is exempt from buying the bonus buck stamp as well.
    I think you're correct on the fur bear stamp.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    I don't have the book in front of me but I'm pretty sure a property owner is exempt from buying the bonus buck stamp as well.
    I think you're correct on the fur bear stamp.

Yes sir you are correct. If you are exempt from a liscense you DO NOT need to buy an bonus buck tag. Page 57 of the hunting and trapping book.

Op, you still have to have a DNRid number. And record your harvest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      110.1 KB · Views: 227

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Damnit, I’d swear last night I was reading the website and it said exempt for land owners for the archery and ML stamps, but not the BB stamp.

Well, cool I guess. Doesn’t help me though :-)

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Abide by seasons, hunting hours, bag limits, possession limits, antler restrictions. You don’t need hunter orange (pretty sure), and don’t need a license. As previous poster says you’ll need waterfowl stamps, and if you get drawn for bear you’ll need a bear stamp. Not sure if you need muzzleloader and bow stamps or not. It’s in the hunting guide though, one page summary.

http://www.eregulations.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/17MDHD-LR2.pdf

Hunter Orange is now a legal requirement even for land owners in Muzzle Loader and Modern Firearms season starting this season. Even if you are bow hunting. It just creates a new revenue opportunity for DNR if they decide to wander onto your property and see you on your own property holding a weapon not in orange. I refused to comply this season. Come and get me.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/li...yland-hunting-trapping-regulations/481474001/

"One sure sign that the fall hunting seasons are near is when the annual "Maryland Guide to Hunting and Trapping" hits local sporting goods stores. That happened last week and every hunter should take the time to check it out. You can find all the seasons, bag limits, rules and regs you need to follow, changes for the year and, this year at least, a longstanding privilege the DNR has taken away from hunting landowners."

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Hunter Orange is now a legal requirement even for land owners in Muzzle Loader and Modern Firearms season starting this season. Even if you are bow hunting. It just creates a new revenue opportunity for DNR if they decide to wander onto your property and see you on your own property holding a weapon not in orange. I refused to comply this season. Come and get me.

What gets me us that you can do anything else without wearing blaze orange except hunt. Why not make anyone out for a walk on their property during a firearms season wear orange? Guess we can look for that screw to be tightened soon. It's for the children, you know.

Me? I prefer personal responsibility.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I've hunted my own property for over 20 years and have always worn orange. My main concern is trespassers. I look at it like the seat belt law, I don't like the Government telling me to wear it but I think its a good policy.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    What gets me us that you can do anything else without wearing blaze orange except hunt. Why not make anyone out for a walk on their property during a firearms season wear orange? Guess we can look for that screw to be tightened soon. It's for the children, you know.

Me? I prefer personal responsibility.

Say that when rounds are popping by your head. Happened to me last season and I had orange on. Bullets don't stop at property boundaries. They are all addressed: To Whom This May Concern

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom