• ...and so much more!
  • AR or AK

• Total voters

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    AR here. If I'm making alliances, I think folks will have more support for the AR.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    Poll is meaningless for several reasons :-( The main thing is it is trying to trick people into giving their opinion on something not squarely stated. What's SHTF? A riot? Zombies? Katrina?

What is the rifle for? Hunting? Fighting mimes? A long range session while you wait out the in-laws visit?

Are you solo? Or do you have buddies? How about a supply train? Both of these weapons were not designed with the idea that Jerimiah Johnson would be using them--they are military weapons designed for use within a team setting. A really big team in the case of the Russians!

Anyway I haven't picked up an AR yet, so obviously I voted AK, but give me a year or so :-)

Gundahar

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Ill take my aks...both of them...so i have 762 and 556 :) and considering the 1/2" groups at 50 yards i was getting with pmc bronze out of my saiga 223 ill say its accurate enough...still need to pick up some more for 100 yard testing

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ill take my aks...both of them...so i have 762 and 556 :) and considering the 1/2" groups at 50 yards i was getting with pmc bronze out of my saiga 223 ill say its accurate enough...still need to pick up some more for 100 yard testing

Sortofmy philosophy if I am sheltered in place ill exhaust my 7.62x39

If I am on the run I will take the 5.56 ak. I have two so me and the old lady can share mags and if necessary the parts can be cannabalized into one. Or I might just go ar, people criticize but they are simple interchangeable and can be lubed with bear grease

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    if the AR is lubed it will run dirty no problem id take the AR, more commonly used and ammo would be more readily avaliable

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    if the AR is lubed it will run dirty no problem id take the AR, more commonly used and ammo would be more readily avaliable

Yup I hate to say it I have never had an armament that wasn't mag related or stupidity,

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    i love my ARs, but all the ******** on them requires batteries.

I keep trying to batteries in my carry handle irons but they just don't seem to work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. :D

AR. For one, the ammo SHOULD weigh less and if I'm walking, that matters. Two, this is a NATO country, 5.56 should be easier to get more of.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I keep trying to batteries in my carry handle irons but they just don't seem to work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. :D

Joppa - We've been over this before, the batteries go in the muzzle device - how else do you expect it to kill the flash...

AR. For one, the ammo SHOULD weigh less and if I'm walking, that matters. Two, this is a NATO country, 5.56 should be easier to get more of.

Don't go bringing logic into this now. :D

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    How much S hit the F?

a little S: AR in 5.56
    a lot of S: AK in 7.62
    so much S that the F broke: AR in 5.56
    so much S that the F broke and the repairman was crushed to death: AK in 5.56

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom