• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n00dles

Hardcore Conservative
    Dec 18, 2008
    Right Behind You!!!
    Well, I decided to go with the Millett DMS-1. I ordered it today along with a Stag Arms 2T (gonna need that for the scope) & a pair of Leupold QWR mount rings. Grand Total: $1176

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    Took delivery of my StrikeFire yesterday. Got it all mounted up. I like it so far. Now if I can just get out to the range. I've been building the AR for over a yr now and been functional for about 6 months but still have never shot it. :(

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    I've looked at those as well.
    I really like the compact design, but I need some magnification as my eyes aren't what they used to be & I'm too cool for glasses :party29:

I picked up on from Gander Mountian on sale before Xmas last year. Have it mounted on a Mini 14. The scope has functioned well. It maybe just me, but the dot is not as defined as the Eotech or the Aimpoint products.

But for the cost, you can't go wrong.:thumbsup:

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    Took delivery of my StrikeFire yesterday. Got it all mounted up. I like it so far. Now if I can just get out to the range. I've been building the AR for over a yr now and been functional for about 6 months but still have never shot it. :(

I just ordered one to mess around with.

From what I've read the quality is pretty good at that price point.

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    Strikefire came in today. Opticsplanet got it to my door in two days. Very prompt service.

Initial assessment:

For $149 it is well put together. Nice construction and craftsmanship. A lot better than I expected. I had some initial misgivings because I've read a few forum posts where people complained the dot is not bright enough. The dot is plenty bright. Full daylight on a sunny day it is easy to see.

I will try to make it out to a range to see how it performs.

I will report later.

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    Strikefire came in today. Opticsplanet got it to my door in two days. Very prompt service.

Initial assessment:

For $149 it is well put together. Nice construction and craftsmanship. A lot better than I expected. I had some initial misgivings because I've read a few forum posts where people complained the dot is not bright enough. The dot is plenty bright. Full daylight on a sunny day it is easy to see.

I will try to make it out to a range to see how it performs.

I will report later.

See my previous post. If you fill out the price match and shoot them your order number they will refund you the difference. I got mine for $134 and some change from them because of price match.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I have been watching this also and waiting for a range report.
    So far I think I am for it.

I've run mine through hell and it still works great. Can make good hits out to 400 yrds consistanly and shooting heads up can make lighting fast hits on closer stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom