• n00dles

Hardcore Conservative
    Dec 18, 2008
    Right Behind You!!!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    THe optic is 1x but it comes with a 2x screw on magnifier. Honestly I don't ever use the magnifier but as a red dot sight that's budget priced, it's awesome.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    I have the strikefire also and so far I am 100% satisfied. I'd love to have an Aimpoint or Eotech but for what i use my rifle for and the abuse or lack there of that it goes through I can't justify the cost.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I have the strikefire also and so far I am 100% satisfied. I'd love to have an Aimpoint or Eotech but for what i use my rifle for and the abuse or lack there of that it goes through I can't justify the cost.

If I had the $ I'd go Aimpoint all the way, no doubt. Right now, like you I can't justify the cost. The Strikefire serves me well.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Wow the magnifier is more than the optic. Having said that, if I got to try one and liked it then I might buy one.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Subscribing, because #1 I also want a millet for my 20" flat top, and #2 I want to see Chad's AR, and .gov firewalls don't like the links he gave.

DeadIDik

Habitual Line Stepper!
    Aug 11, 2008
    Monkton - Kurt Wala 1952-2009
    Hey all,
    I'm about to purchase my first AR (Stag Model 2T) & was hoping to find a decent red dot & magnifier combo for under $500. I was originally looking at the Burris AR-332 (3x scope with illuminated reticle) as a potential all-in-one type solution. However, I have recently read some brutal reviews. So I'm wondering if any of you have any recommended setups that won't cost more than the AR itself. Please let me know.
    Thank you

Where did you read aout the Burris reviews? I havent seen anything bad about them???

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I also have a Vortex Strikefire for my SKS.
    I've been very pleased with it. I probably won't use the magnifier that comes with it though because it narrows the sight too much for me. I'm only using it for close to medium range anyway so that works fine for me. :D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Chad, you have a lot of goodies on the AR, but no cat-tail for the DMS?

I just decided to get one after running it on sunday, you read my mind. ;) I was having trouble adjusting the power ring with gloves on.
    It needs one.

For those that arent familiar with what Rob is talking about, heres a picture:

MIL02.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've been leaning towards a Primary Arms solution - you can get a red dot, 5x magnifier, and flip to side mount for the magnifier for under $250. Seems hard to beat if the quality is as described.

n00dles

Hardcore Conservative
    Dec 18, 2008
    Right Behind You!!!
    Where did you read aout the Burris reviews? I havent seen anything bad about them???

I've seen bad reviews on several sites. Here's one
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=466045&page=1

I've been leaning towards a Primary Arms solution - you can get a red dot, 5x magnifier, and flip to side mount for the magnifier for under $250. Seems hard to beat if the quality is as described.

I'd like to go that route as well, but everything is out of stock.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

I have seen too many problems with Burris optics, the only one I own is on my LaRue Irondot AK Sight, and thats all I will ever own.

I have nothing good to say about them, your better off with something else if it fits the bill.

DeadIDik

Habitual Line Stepper!
    Aug 11, 2008
    Monkton - Kurt Wala 1952-2009
    I have seen too many problems with Burris optics, the only one I own is on my LaRue Irondot AK Sight, and thats all I will ever own.

I have nothing good to say about them, your better off with something else if it fits the bill.

I was referring to the Op about the reviews he read. Ive used Burris scopes and never had any issues.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was referring to the Op about the reviews he read. Ive used Burris scopes and never had any issues.

We have to send them back all of the time, its a 50/50 shot to get the problem fixed on the first trip. :sad20:

Some cheap Chinese Glass has better durability and shot zero hold than Burris.

Glad you like yours, and havent had problems but we dont recomend them or sell them.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    We have to send them back all of the time, its a 50/50 shot to get the problem fixed on the first trip. :sad20:

Some cheap Chinese Glass has better durability and shot zero hold than Burris.

Glad you like yours, and havent had problems but we dont recomend them or sell them.

Huh...I have 3 different Burris products, zero problems, and I even recommend them to others:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom