• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    The NRA filed a complaint and preliminary injunction against the NJ bill that is banning magazines over 10 rounds. Here is a copy of the complaint.

Attachments

• anjrpc_brief-preliminary_inj.pdf
      208.2 KB · Views: 160

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    This is really interesting, not because of the 2A part (I'm sure the courts will green light that part), but the takings clause. Other than the Deerfield AW case, which I think will be struck on preemption ground only, this represents the first ban that does not have any grandfather clause that I'm aware of.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    This is really interesting, not because of the 2A part (I'm sure the courts will green light that part), but the takings clause. Other than the Deerfield AW case, which I think will be struck on preemption ground only, this represents the first ban that does not have any grandfather clause that I'm aware of.

CA passed a very similar law last year which was blocked from going into affect. Unfortunately, it's still moving through the courts and could become still law...

https://www.courthousenews.com/ca-brings-case-on-gun-magazine-ban-to-ninth-circuit/

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Do not encourage that splits plan. All that will do is give the same demographic six senators instead of two.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Do not encourage that splits plan. All that will do is give the same demographic six senators instead of two.

Ha, you're probably right. All the commies from South California would just spread to Central and North... just like they did to Texas and Colorado. Ruin one area with their Liberal ideology, then move to a nice place and ruin that too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom