• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Awesome of Ruger to make products people actually want.. I’m all tapped out for a while but wouldn’t mind one in a .17hmr if ever offered otherwise I’ll save up for a B series savage to compliment my new 455 and 10/22 build

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Just got the Ruger email myself. Damn them, didn’t know I needed a precision .22 LR, until now. I have the RPR (Gen I) in .308, absolutely love it. Gonna keep my eye on this thread and the online reviews, I like the idea so far.

Same here. I have a CZ452 American which I love, and it's more than accurate enough for 100 yards even with subsonic ammo and a can, but after watching the video, this new RPR seems like a lot of fun. If they can bring it to market at a reasonable price, it might have to join the family.

I bet there will be a new entry in the dictionary under overkill, though. :lol2:

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    That thing is drop-dead sexy, IMO. Funny, went through a phase where I offloaded a bunch of rimfires, then 2013 hit and I was back in the acquisition mode again. Been jonesing for a 6.6 RPR and will still keep it near the top of my list. But will definitely keep an eye on reviews for this.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Are there precision rimfire shoots in the area? I shoot mostly at Hap Baker in Westminster, & can go to 200 yds but never have stretched my three .22’s out past 100. I setup a Savage .17 HMR and plan to finally break it in soon, definitely out to 200, but didn’t think a .22 would be up to the task, .22Mag or Cheetah maybe. This could be pretty exciting really, and just add to an already growing obsession...
    Sanner's has IR5050 matches

Last edited:

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think they posted up about a taking pre-orders.. haven’t seen anyone actually having physical stock yet

Hey, I took that CZ455 Varmint that you turned me on to out for a range session. It's a tack driver. I didn't know I could shoot that well - and I can't - so someone with actual skill would probably be amazing with it. Posted some targets in another thread.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Just funnin’. :)

Used to work in Pax River a bunch years ago, haven’t had any contracts down that way in a while so I’ve been conspicuously absent from the area. I’ll have to check some shoots out down that way this spring/summer. I also hear tale of a LGS that isn’t all that awful to deal with.....

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Would like 22wmr and 17wsm. also.

dVDJiez.gif

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's a little disappointing that this doesn't have an in-line stock... maybe they thought they'd put rifle sights on the barrel eventually? It's otherwise a very nice looking rifle.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    What would you feed it, suppressed and not, up to 200 yards?

I placed a pre-order for one. I plan to feed it whatever it shoots best since this is tailored to be a competition gun. My go-to choices are Eley Club, Eley Contact/Force, Wolf Target, Lapua CenterX, and Eley Tenex (priced cheaper to most expensive.)

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Hey, I took that CZ455 Varmint that you turned me on to out for a range session. It's a tack driver. I didn't know I could shoot that well - and I can't - so someone with actual skill would probably be amazing with it. Posted some targets in another thread.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I read the post the other day with a heart full of jealousy. I haven’t even taken mine out yet :/
    Been waiting on the 419 15 MOA Picatinny rail adapter to come in stock (just released) and make a decision on good rings. Doesn’t help I completely tore my MCL playing basketball so I’ve been barely getting around the last few weeks

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    I love their effort and that they see what shooter's want. Something new, unique, accurate and reasonably priced. I love the threaded barrel too! Would lov eot see it in a 17 HMR or 22mag as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom