• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This thread title is still a disgrace.

There once was an "Illinois Carry Will Never Happen".

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It's a scheme either way someone use the word. It's "Maryland neutral or Maryland fair" because those most rabid about it and those with the most disposable means and more importantly the time and can properly articulate their case on a good night or those able to afford representation can get a permit, some of the time. So it's fair to those the board feel meet their standard on their particular night. It's just not , say, Virginia or Florida or Utah, fair where everyone who should be able to get a permit does.

Indubitably :thumbsup:

So the female head of nursing is a rabid I have to carry nutbag? How about the female doctor? Or what about the Vietnam vet who owns a Security business and has had a permit for many years and got the shaft by MSP, is he a rabid I have to carry guy?

Interesting that you call it a "scheme", I'm sure Jumping Jen and Guzzling Liz also refer to it in that manner.

There are members here that refuse to get an HQL, doesn't mean they wouldn't like a new gun that requires it. I'd like an unrestricted permit, but am really put off by the time, money, song and dance required to get one. Sure Hogan is great, he's set up a system to become his trick monkey to get a permit. It will be transient at best. The Bill that never made it to dispense with this circus will get 100% party line passage next session. Only hope for this state is the Feds. I find no value in a politically appointed board that can make up rules, then change them 180 degrees if an opposing party Governor
    is seated. Be funny as hell if the HPRB survives, Hogan loses and Jen and Liz are seated. It is a scheme, nothing interesting about it.

Flux? lmao There has been no remarkable change at all the way MSP issues permits. Honestly, what do they really care a 100 a year at best get issued they've denied. They can wait, time is on their side. If Hogan gets reelected and does nothing, we've all been pwnd. I'm not famiar with the history if MSP denies renewals if they want to push their "may issue" agenda at that occurrence. If the HPRB goes away, that may be real interesting to see if some of their overturns become renewal rejects with nowhere to run to but a judge. MSP will get better results with a judge. What is written is what is, and they have the discretion. I don't like it, but the scheme must be remedied a lot further up than a politically appointed board as a bandage that's gonna sting when it is ripped off.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

There are members here that refuse to get an HQL, doesn't mean they wouldn't like a new gun that requires it. I'd like an unrestricted permit, but am really put off by the time, money, song and dance required to get one. Sure Hogan is great, he's set up a system to become his trick monkey to get a permit. It will be transient at best. The Bill that never made it to dispense with this circus will get 100% party line passage next session. Only hope for this state is the Feds. I find no value in a politically appointed board that can make up rules, then change them 180 degrees if an opposing party Governor
    is seated. Be funny as hell if the HPRB survives, Hogan loses and Jen and Liz are seated. It is a scheme, nothing interesting about it.

Flux? lmao There has been no remarkable change at all the way MSP issues permits. Honestly, what do they really care a 100 a year at best get issued they've denied. They can wait, time is on their side. If Hogan gets reelected and does nothing, we've all been pwnd. I'm not famiar with the history if MSP denies renewals if they want to push their "may issue" agenda at that occurrence. If the HPRB goes away, that may be real interesting to see if some of their overturns become renewal rejects with nowhere to run to but a judge. MSP will get better results with a judge. What is written is what is, and they have the discretion. I don't like it, but the scheme must be remedied a lot further up than a politically appointed board as a bandage that's gonna sting when it is ripped off.

So ten bucks, a new passport photo, a couple of emails and a trip to Crownsville is too much for you, eh?

And ask the Vietnam vet how MSP fared with the administrative law judge...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    so how many average joe $15 hr ditch diggers have received their unrestricted permits with " for all legal purposes" as their g&s have been issued? inquiring minds may want to know.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So ten bucks, a new passport photo, a couple of emails and a trip to Crownsville is too much for you, eh?

And ask the Vietnam vet how MSP fared with the administrative law judge...

Does the vet have a name? Snowden and Scherr do. Guess we can all dispatch our ex wives and their boyfriends too, ask OJ.

I'll answer this one. ZERO. Any permit still only issued to the special priviledged only

I'm no SJW, but that does weigh on me. I'm not really pleased I get one because I fit some ridiculous loophole. It's another reason going through more nonsense really puts me off. The naming of people for MSP to call on the initial application was bad enough and bothered me.

J1911

Aug 27, 2014
    SoMD
    so how many average joe $15 hr ditch diggers have received their unrestricted permits with " for all legal purposes" as their g&s have been issued? inquiring minds may want to know.

I know many through work that fit that bill in Virginia... But NEVER heard of even "1" in Maryland, nor expect I ever will.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Carry Permits are only available to those with time and money enough to jump through the hoops mandated by the state legislature. Kind of counter to the Democrat legislators claim to be helping the common working man.

However, the obstacles to obtaining a permit wont go away without us challenging them. I like to think that everyone who overcomes the obstacles makes it a bit easier for the next person.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Carry Permits are only available to those with time and money enough to jump through the hoops mandated by the state legislature. Kind of counter to the Democrat legislators claim to be helping the common working man.

However, the obstacles to obtaining a permit wont go away without us challenging them. I like to think that everyone who overcomes the obstacles makes it a bit easier for the next person.

yes we need to challenge the who scheme, sham, whatever folks want to call it. what we don't agree with is those who want everyone to apply and piss away $500-$1000 only for 95+% to be turned down and lose their money. there are those here who look down on and talk down to those who don't fight the fight their way, f-that.

we need to get more republican in the MGA. central md is the biggest obstacle there so those there need to fight the hardest. its an uphill battle.

and folks getting their permits thru the board are making it no easier for any regular joe. just those who can afford it. like I said its "Maryland fair". and as soon as theres a dem in the state house all this fighting it thru the board will be over and the dozens who pushed the hardest and spent the most money stand the chance of the msp just not renewing their license when it expires.

Maryland politics suck, and its getting worse imo.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm not Schipperke , and in this instance have no clue to read his mind on this.

But generally : In Britsh English Scheme is standard terminology for any government licensing or regulatory program , and is nuetral . ie driver license scheme , fishing scheme, traffic control scheme, etc .

When * I * use "scheme" in a USA context it is double entendre, and irony to point out absurdity and arbitraryness. But probably too subtle and goes over most heads, unless they also read UK based gun and sporting publications.

I do the same thing. I got into the habit when I was commenting on the Common Criteria (Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation) to the Brits.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

If you truly don't like it then I strongly urge you to get off your azz and join the PPs at a few gatherings to TRY to change the situation. P1ssing and moaning in this forum will do nothing but waste bandwidth and electrons.

EDIT: I also have to emphasize that those who choose not to"hit the bricks" can also protest and agitate in other ways, according to their opportunities and desires. But whining about it here is NOT one of those ways - that only belittles the work of all the others.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Even if Hogan gets re-elected he will not change anything as far as permitting goes. He has already shown he intends to make no significant change to the status quo

I'll answer this one. ZERO. Any permit still only issued to the special priviledged only

We are working on this. You don't want us to quit do you?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    We are working on this. You don't want us to quit do you?

I don't rekon I want any one to quit. do yall want folks who call, email, visit their reps go to Annapolis when they can, testify in writing when they cant and any other thing that folks that aren't "you guys" to quit? or is it that those who don't do exactly what others do don't count or aren't allowed to voice their opinions?

it seems like theres a lotta dismissing what folks do, say and think and a lotta talking down to some folks that seems unnecessary. but theres always those that seem to like this division. but its like most things in life, everyone strives to get the most attention and when others even speak differently about something they must be silenced or driven to abstain from talking about said subject. its the second amendments worst nightmare, and a democrats dream to divide us and somehow we keep doing it to ourselves.

2a supporters would be much more powerful united but alas we are not.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    yes we need to challenge the who scheme, sham, whatever folks want to call it. what we don't agree with is those who want everyone to apply and piss away $500-$1000 only for 95+% to be turned down and lose their money. there are those here who look down on and talk down to those who don't fight the fight their way, f-that.

we need to get more republican in the MGA. central md is the biggest obstacle there so those there need to fight the hardest. its an uphill battle.

and folks getting their permits thru the board are making it no easier for any regular joe. just those who can afford it. like I said its "Maryland fair". and as soon as theres a dem in the state house all this fighting it thru the board will be over and the dozens who pushed the hardest and spent the most money stand the chance of the msp just not renewing their license when it expires.

Maryland politics suck, and its getting worse imo.

While I don't want everyone to apply and fail, that, unfortunately is probably the only way to bring another lawsuit. Unfortunately with all of the "I'm not doing that" we may never see another G&S related lawsuit again.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Guns & Ammo 2015, ranking states:

47. Maryland

Concealed carry permits are all but impossible to get in Maryland despite years of efforts to the contrary. Permits are issued through Maryland’s state police, and the applicant must show that getting one would be a “reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.”

The law requires 16 hours of instruction in order to obtain a permit and eight additional hours in order to renew every two years. Maryland does not recognize the permits of any other state, but its permits are recognized by 18 other states, according to the NRA.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    While I don't want everyone to apply and fail, that, unfortunately is probably the only way to bring another lawsuit. Unfortunately with all of the "I'm not doing that" we may never see another G&S related lawsuit again.

Maybe this would be a better use of NRA or other .org money then lobbying MGA. But if they paid or subsidized the cost of going thru the motions that would get the number of denials needed to make a issue of this. Just a thought.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There HAS been such a lawsuit, Shepperd. It has run its course, until fresh Federal decisions on the subject come down , there is little grounds to relittigate the exact same issue.

In the 2017 MGA session we came within 27 minutes of getting Bill passed that would have greatly reduced the upfront costs of applying for W&C Permits.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

The average Marylander doesn't say I am not going to do that, they say I can't afford to do that. Folks have bills to pay. You know the same reason we are supposed to bitch about the $100-200 it costs for the HQL.

I am still of the mindset that the governor should quietly tell the msp super to allow self defense as g and s and let frost sue and force the mga to put forth a bill saying they don't want their constituents to be able to defend themselves and see where the chips fall then. But alas that's not gonna happen with hogan in there.

Central md needs more republicans to change the makeup of the mga. Or here we sit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom