• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    1. Veteran owned

[EDIT -"retired from Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG)
    where he worked under the Firepower Directorate for the Small Arms Test
    Division as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) "] That works for me.

2. Great prices
    3. MOST IMPORTANT - pay online. I can go to his web site and put my money down and (for a long gun) pick it up whenever convenient. With other vendors, you may go down there only to find the rifle has sold.

I don't know of a vendor that has these prices AND allows you to pay online with a credit card.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just transferred 2 firearms through John and we always have a good time when I visit. I left him with a couple of little gifts for him and his hired help. He's an honorable man.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    John is the only FFL I will use anymore. After a few bad experiences with some other local FFl's I am very glad I found him on MDS.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Hmm - that's interesting.

Why is that? Eventually you get tired of paying extremely overinflated prices among other issues and look for a new FFL.

I will say that Camerons in Oxford,Pa is a close second.

Also.....

John and Camerons are the only local FFLs to me that did not intentionally try to drain the bank accounts of thier customers due to the 2013 ban. Period.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Hmm - that's interesting.

John will do his best to get you what you want at the best price he can. He doesn't charge too much for a transfer fee. He will work with you on just about any matter as long as it's legal and moral.

What else could you ask for?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I made my first purchase from John recently, and I highly recommend him. Great to do business with, and no one can touch his prices.

mjbjhu

Oct 31, 2016
    Glen Burnie
    I made my first purchase from John recently, and I highly recommend him. Great to do business with, and no one can touch his prices.

My first purchase was through him as well and it was WELL worth the drive (I live in Glen Burnie). Great prices, smooth transaction and nice guy...and did I mention GREAT prices?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Why is that? Eventually you get tired of paying extremely overinflated prices among other issues and look for a new FFL.

I will say that Camerons in Oxford,Pa is a close second.

Also.....

John and Camerons are the only local FFLs to me that did not intentionally try to drain the bank accounts of thier customers due to the 2013 ban. Period.

Oh I am not doubting you at all. It's interesting because I have had my own reservations as well.

But I also think there is a fundamental difference John's model and the others that have an Internet presence. It appears John has his own web site, the other go through a third party to provide some sort of virtual store. This creates a lot of overhead that we pay for. Seriously - I can show you 2 IP websites and they lead you to the same virtual storefront that takes it's cut before the IP takes theirs.

Then you have IP's that are just plain dicks. If you are thin-skinned and can't deal with people - find another line of work!!

I could go on.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Oh I am not doubting you at all. It's interesting because I have had my own reservations as well.

But I also think there is a fundamental difference John's model and the others that have an Internet presence. It appears John has his own web site, the other go through a third party to provide some sort of virtual store. This creates a lot of overhead that we pay for. Seriously - I can show you 2 IP websites and they lead you to the same virtual storefront that takes it's cut before the IP takes theirs.

Then you have IP's that are just plain dicks. If you are thin-skinned and can't deal with people - find another line of work!!

I could go on.

True. Plus John does not have the need to keep the lights on in a brick and mortar store either. The entire pckage just works and works best for me. It is a very relaxed situation to buy from John. Mixed with supporting a veteran, and close to home with the best prices I have seen anywhere, it cannot be beaten.

I have an FFL 3 miles from my house, I drive 10 to go to Johns and would drive much further if needed.

lkrose78

Nov 18, 2016
    AA County
    He is a wounded, disabled Vet. An honorable man. A nice guy. Bitchin' prices and convenience is just icing on the cake. To me it is worth the 80 mile drive and tolls.

And that is why I bought my Legion from John, great guy!

Then he went the extra mile and sent the Sig down to the Sig Armorer for some action work...the easiest ever !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom