• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    People I talked to who have been in the NFA game since the 70s said family member access was never considered a concern until lawyers selling gun trusts started touting it as an advantage to their trusts.

Actually taking NFA items out of the house and using them, totally different.

My wife and daughter are trustees on my trust.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Whatever they were investigating him for was why he was arrested. It was not for stating that his nfa item was for "self defense".

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    wouldn't that be evidence tampering?

IDK. Someone entered your home you shot them. You called the police to say you shot them and you gave the police the gun you shot the intruder with.

You've confessed to the shooting and the police have the gun the bullet came from, just not the last 6 inches of the barrel.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    My wife and daughter are trustees on my trust.

Nothing wrong with that, and gives you more options. I'm just saying that since 1934 no one seems to be able to show a single example where someone got arrested for legally owned NFA items without a safe.

I know people who have so many large MGs they would need like a dozen safes to fit those things in there. People have been leaving their MGs out while they clean them for 80 years.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nothing wrong with that, and gives you more options. I'm just saying that since 1934 no one seems to be able to show a single example where someone got arrested for legally owned NFA items without a safe.

I know people who have so many large MGs they would need like a dozen safes to fit those things in there. People have been leaving their MGs out while they clean them for 80 years.

Understood.

Not knowing the laws in such cases, I'd think one would be more likely to be charged with child endangerment than not having the item in question locked away, but states have their own laws in those regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom