• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I don't know of anyone making longer buttpads for the tavor. Your best bet is to find a compensator or flash hider or whatever you like that makes the gun long enough and have a gunsmith pin and weld it. Or just get in a time machine and buy one a year ago. That's what I did.

Can I borrow your time machine?:innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Anyone happen to know if the adjustable buttpad on the PRS counts towards OAL? It'd be cool if someone had a carbine stock that had a extendable buttpad that could be used for an extra inch or two.

Actually, that sounds pretty cool in general. Better cheek weld potential when you can keep the stock close in to the rifle but push the buttpad out. Surprised no one's made one... I guess the UBR is kinda like that, but I think it's overly heavy the way it does it.

It would count. Would be a worthwhile accessory for places like MD with OAL restrictions.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    The way I understand the Recoil Pad/Butt Pad issue is attachment.

For example a slip over Limbsaver Recoil Pad would not count as its not part of the firearm. A Slip Over M4 Pad would not count towards OAL as its not part of the firearm.

If a Recoil Pad is screwed into the stock wether it be wood or plastic, glued on, or if the pad is part of the mechanical design it counts.

For example the PS90 recoil pad is critical to the function of the firearm and is only about 1/2" thick. There was a company that used to make a much longer pad which was all one piece. Adding something like that would count for OAL, BUT taking a limbsaver slip on and pushing it on the gun would not count for OAL.

Magpul has extended pads for several of their stocks. They screw in and would count toward the OAL as they are part of the stock.

Basically if its glued on, screws on or is a replacement part for the integral part of the firearm it would count. If its a slip on it wouldn't count.

Now...THIS is loud and clear!!! :thumbsup:

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I shot a Tavor with the Manticore curved pad installed on it and it fit awesome. Why the heck did IWI make the back of that think look like a brick?

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Can a MD resident sell a 16" Tavor bought pre-ban to another MD resident? Is it grandfathered in or banned outright?

I've got an unfired, NIB FDE SAR I'm looking to sell to offset my foray into the world of NFA.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Can a MD resident sell a 16" Tavor bought pre-ban to another MD resident? Is it grandfathered in or banned outright?

I've got an unfired, NIB FDE SAR I'm looking to sell to offset my foray into the world of NFA.

It is not banned outright. It is banned because it is <29" OAL
    Permanantly attach muzzle device and/or find a way to add to the buttpad. Get the OAL > 29" and you can sell it.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I don't know of anyone making longer buttpads for the tavor. Your best bet is to find a compensator or flash hider or whatever you like that makes the gun long enough and have a gunsmith pin and weld it. Or just get in a time machine and buy one a year ago. That's what I did.

I have a Lantac Dragon on mine.....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom