• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was at one of the ammo tables and was asking some prices. Over all not horrible! Then I asked about the 500 round brick of rem thunderbolts. I was told $85 but she would let me have it for $80. I think she got offended when I laughed and walked away! Lol Couldn't help but hear one dealer talking to someone about 22 match ammo, this guys prices were outrageous $75 for 225 rnds rem gb and he was whining that he couldn't find 22 at reasonable prices to resell. Prick!!!

Yeah - that's one thing they would not budge on - 22lr ammo. I go 2 bricks for $30 each at the range where I belong and thought that was high. Turned out to be a darned good deal.

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    If you have one, wear a USMC shirt. Mine got me a few discounts. There's an old army vet, with a long beard, selling magazines and ATI Ruger stocks. He had a bunch of Korean 100 round 556 drums for $128. USMC discount go it to $120. Other vendors were soon $140 and up. Also had Korean Glock mags - $18 for 9mm 33 round, USMC was $15.

The guy selling Tulammo (yeah, yeah) had decent prices too - can't remember exactly, but it came to $584 for 1000 rounds of 9 and 1000 rounds of 223. His USMC discount was he let me have same price as cash when I used my credit card. It helped that he was also a former Marine.

There's a booth toward the middle right that has windowed gen3 PMAGs for 10/$140. Everyone else is $15. Lots of gen2 non windows for $10. 40 rounders were $25 everywhere. Also a guy along the wall all the way in the back behind the CLIPS booth - he has various PSAGT level III helmets for $120, but he dropped to $100 and threw in a free bag because we bought a few masks there.

Also, try having your hot gf/wife ask for discounts. Mine was able to score a few more lower prices.

Oh, and go to the Free Sample sign for Jerky Pete's - try some of the ghost pepper candies! Nice heat!

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    There's also a booth to the left of the entrance selling $15 single point slings. Everyone else was $20-25 for the same item.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Me and the wife went yesterday, got there around noon. I was looking for a stripped SKS stock, no luck as no one that I could find was selling stocks, other than the polymer.

Found some good priced beretta mags for my 92fs.

Found some overpriced 8x56mm ammo for my recently acquired Steyr carbine. Yeah, thats one that I'll shoot once just to make sure its good and then it will sit for a while. Ammo too pricey.

No Tokarev anywhere, but Makarov was fairly common.

Lots of H335, no A1680 or Lil Gun to be seen. Lots of primers.

Picked up two boxes of 30 Mauser bullets for Tok reloads, loaded them up last night. Overall decent prices on bullets.

Joined the NAGR, got a free hat.

Overall a pretty decent day, spent most of the time drooling over the C&R guns that I can't afford. The table full of Lugers and P-38s was impressive, and the Sharps carbines near the front were awesome to see.

Wife got bored early, gave her some cash and off she went to the Walmart for the after-Christmas clearances.

The day was beautiful, and after a late lunch we drove home with the windows open.

Cheers.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Other things to do near by- NRA museum, Udvar Hazy center (air & space museum south of dulles) there's a space shuttle there, a SR71, and a who Lotta other awesome, awe inspiring items- if you like planes. ("Free" to get in, but last time I checked there was a $20 per car parking fee.)

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    Managed to make it down there Saturday. Picked up some Magpul 20 rnd .308 magazines (which I love, but they sound funny because they're so big and plastic. They make a really loud hollow twaaang sound when you smack the side).

Also got some misc stuff: magpul dust covers, el cheapo weaponlight just for kicks. As an aside, magpul 30 rnd windowed pmags were there and oh-so cheap. I almost had to pick up more!

Also picked up an EOTech holo sight used for about half its price. It works perfectly, and the only damage is cosmetic. So far it seems like a really good deal. I hope it stays that way.

Almost bought a Trijicon ACOG TA-01 (I think) for 400. I didn't because the sight picture seemed off somehow, the fiber optic was in ROUGH shape, and I was worried about the longevity of the tritium. If I knew more about those sights and their maintenance I could have made a killer deal I bet.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If it had fiber optics, it wasn't a TA01. And probably smart to pass, albeit you might have been able to get Trijicon to refurb it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom