my Oct. 20th review, restrictions lifted?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Not that you should have to, but if you skim the recent HPRB meeting threads, you may find a few nuggets of info. that have changed since your first post... I believe it was mentioned that the Chair writes the letter after the meeting minutes have been accepted. Reviews have been changed to hearings and there will be some previous cases revisited to make sure there were no errors made by the Board or MSP... in other words... more delays... but the changes are for the good of all involved. Anything that I have posted in error will be refuted shortly... carry on...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Egh, respectfully,...... ********.

The board should be writing that letter with 72 hours of the decision. The MSP should issue the revised permit within 7 calendar days of that.

There's literally NO excuse for these kinds of delays. None at all.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I'm still trying to figure out how anything got done with the previous Board... oh... wait... Chairman Thomas probably had a direct fax line to MSP... 'DENIED'... MSP probably already had/maybe still has a stack of pre-printed...'Sorry Charlie" letters... just needed an address and a stamp...:sad20:

ETA...
    Egh, respectfully,...... ********.

The board should be writing that letter with 72 hours of the decision. The MSP should issue the revised permit within 7 calendar days of that.

There's literally NO excuse for these kinds of delays. None at all.

Maybe in a perfect world, but after the conversation some had with the Chairman at the last meeting... me included... he truly is wading through a river of sh!t trying to sort this whole mess out... Things are coming around... but the whole ball of wax is pretty much ALL in his lap.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    90 days? that's crazy. What's the point of saying 30 days if it doesn't matter how long it will take?
    Um....... Exactly.

They might as well say "whenever the fugg we get around to it". There is absolutely no urgency for them, certainly it's been proven over and over and over again that the MSP could give to shits if you EVER get a response from them.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I guess that Hogan's commitment to increased customer service that the chairman references hasn't trickled down to MSP yet. Too bad he can't do anything about this...:innocent0

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    One thing I wonder. How long have the Troopers been in the lic division? Shouldn't they be rotated out after a few years in one assignment? Does MSP rotate sworn personal to different assignments after a few years in one place? Just wondering. Mabe the troopers on lic section are slowing things down to show their displeasure with the new board????

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    One thing I wonder. How long have the Troopers been in the lic division? Shouldn't they be rotated out after a few years in one assignment? Does MSP rotate sworn personal to different assignments after a few years in one place? Just wondering. Mabe the troopers on lic section are slowing things down to show their displeasure with the new board????
    It's a landing spot for punishment, going against the grain, causing waves when you shouldn't. That's the way I understand it. Who decides to go into policing work to sit behind a desk all day and open envelopes? This is precisely why Hogan should makes drastic changes that include shifting the responsibility of carry permits away from the MSP. I'd like to see the DNR handle it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I guess that Hogan's commitment to increased customer service that the chairman references hasn't trickled down to MSP yet. Too bad he can't do anything about this...:innocent0

day-one-of-the-rest-of-your-life.gif

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    It's a landing spot for punishment, going against the grain, causing waves when you shouldn't. That's the way I understand it. Who decides to go into policing work to sit behind a desk all day and open envelopes? This is precisely why Hogan should makes drastic changes that include shifting the responsibility of carry permits away from the MSP. I'd like to see the DNR handle it.

Not totally correct. There may be a few of those there but some wanted to be there , some request to go there and some like doing desk work versus road/shift duty. And for Gods sake why would you want DNR to handle this? :confused:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Not totally correct. There may be a few of those there but some wanted to be there , some request to go there and some like doing desk work versus road/shift duty. And for Gods sake why would you want DNR to handle this? :confused:
    Ask that to anyone with a FL permit.

Reason? The Department of Agricultural handles their permits, 30 days used to be about average. Have a question or issue? No problem, they have a tracking number on your app and can't tell you in an instant what the status is. Very friendly, cheap and efficient.

So,..... yes, DNR over MSP anyday. It's a carry permit, not a top level security clearance like the MSP want to treat it.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Call the MSP (oh,.... around the three month mark) to check on the status of your app. You've got a 70% chance of either never getting a call back or being spoken to like an idiot or criminal.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Ask that to anyone with a FL permit.

Reason? The Department of Agricultural handles their permits, 30 days used to be about average. Have a question or issue? No problem, they have a tracking number on your app and can't tell you in an instant what the status is. Very friendly, cheap and efficient.

So,..... yes, DNR over MSP anyday. It's a carry permit, not a top level security clearance like the MSP want to treat it.

Here's the "fly in the ointment". Floridas dept of agriculture is a separate entity. It's not controlled by law enforcement. Top dogs are civilian employes which are not beholden to higher ups who can demote, transfer, reassign , withhold promotions or otherwise make their lives miserable if they don't tow the company line. DNR is no different than the MSP. Same rank structure and a superintendent appointed by the governor. Replacing one government controlled agency with another like kind solves nothing. Same results with different people singing the same old song.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    LoL...they likely don't know one weed from another let alone a pistil.
    Good, I don't care what they know beyond a NICS check and accepting my application, photo and payment. This whole idea that we are providing a public service by doing a 21 database investigation on everyone is insane. If someone (anyone) could show me numbers where the States with reasonable CCW permitting processes or constitutional carry are ANY less safe to live it due to it...... I'd agree.

GSXR750

Nov 28, 2012
    I am speechless regarding the logic of this. I have appealed based on safety for myself and family, a decision was made in agreement of my appeal, and to remain a legal and law abiding citizen, I need to wait for their formal response and a new permit to modify if/when/where I carry. I remain concerned for my safety and this does not appea to be a time sensitive matter. I don't understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom