• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Please share this far and wide. We need to keep the pressure on and make everyone know how messed up the fast tracking of this bill is. It will accomplish nothing to protect students. It will cause mass confusion, cost the state/universities thousands for signage and strips the discretion from private institutes.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I saw that live and in person. I think the Frostburg State University chief of police testimony is more interesting. There were several times where a legislator asked if there are any campuses that allowed weapons. She never answered. Apparently, Frostburg does allow student forearms to be locked in the police armory. So, it's a lie by omission. She also talked about a shooting years ago off the campus when she first got there. It was off campus. Not even a part of the law. She was just making stuff up.

As for the loser above, does he have any support that teachers, students, and parents think the campus would be less safe if qualified people carried firearms. Like a retired Navy SEAL attending classes. Maybe for drunk princess and loser dropout he may have an argument, although misguided..

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Frostburg does allow students to keeps guns at the police station which is right in the middle of campus in a small school.

That shooting was off campus by like 3-4 blocks.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Some people may not know that this David Mitchell guy in the video was the MSP Superintendent under Parris Glendening 20 years ago, for 8 years. He is as hardcore-we-know-best-no-2A, as they get in MD.

Mitchell began his professional career with the Prince George's County Police Department in 1971, rising through the ranks to become Police Chief from 1990 to 1995 under then-County Executive Parris Glendening. He was appointed as Superintendent of the Maryland State Police in the Cabinet of Governor Parris Glendening in 1995 serving in that post until 2003.[1]

In June 2004, Mitchell moved to Delaware to accept his appointment as state Secretary of Safety and Homeland Security in the Cabinet of Governor Ruth Ann Minner, serving in that post until January 2009.[2] Following his return to Maryland, he was appointed as Director of Public Safety and Chief of the University of Maryland Police Department in May 2010.[3]

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Some people may not know that this David Mitchell guy in the video was the MSP Superintendent under Parris Glendening 20 years ago, for 8 years. He is as hardcore-we-know-best-no-2A, as they get in MD.

Wow! Did not know that. Very pathetic public presence for a former state police superintendent.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    He is as bland as they come, a classic yes-sir-no-sir *****, which is why he was chosen by Glendenning because that bitch was a preening poser arrogant twat.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I remember Mitchell. I didn't make the connection. I remember going to Waldorf to discuss the ban de jure twenty years ago and saw him spout trash.

I wonder how he retires from one state job and gets another. My wife can't do that as a teacher.

Last edited:

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Dave Mitchell is truly one of the worst. He was Glendening's hatchet man for all things gun related.

Mitchell was a huge advocate for the shell casing program. I meant to email him and ask how he felt about the legislature jettisoning that program damn near unanimously.

He's a Brady/VPC/CSGV/Gabby Giffords true believer.

abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    I graduated from UMD-CP two years ago and the only problem was off campus/non-student people robbing students at gun/knife point. Nobody has a gun on campus. And cops are always no more than 90 seconds away from these blue emergency poles that are within sight of any point on campus.

If he's saying that there are threats around final exams, which is very stressful, maybe they should have a study WEEK instead of a single study day (which often falls on a Saturday/Sunday so it doesn't really count) like a lot of other schools.

This extra time would help students study more and decrease their stress and would be far easier to do since it would be within the University and be better for everyone.

The cops there are really bad. Anybody remember when they beat the shit out of that kid for putting his hands up and backing away from their line during the 'riot'? I saw that shit happen from an apartment. I had to walk by the bloodstain on the sidewalk for the next few weeks. Federal investigation happened and nothing happened. I can find a video most likely if somebody wants to watch it.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    I graduated from UMD-CP two years ago and the only problem was off campus/non-student people robbing students at gun/knife point. Nobody has a gun on campus. And cops are always no more than 90 seconds away from these blue emergency poles that are within sight of any point on campus.

If he's saying that there are threats around final exams, which is very stressful, maybe they should have a study WEEK instead of a single study day (which often falls on a Saturday/Sunday so it doesn't really count) like a lot of other schools.

This extra time would help students study more and decrease their stress and would be far easier to do since it would be within the University and be better for everyone.

The cops there are really bad. Anybody remember when they beat the shit out of that kid for putting his hands up and backing away from their line during the 'riot'? I saw that shit happen from an apartment. I had to walk by the bloodstain on the sidewalk for the next few weeks. Federal investigation happened and nothing happened. I can find a video most likely if somebody wants to watch it.

This year there was an armed robbery in one of the dorms on campus.

The faculty in the University Senate actually believes the study day should be done away with. It is inconvenient for them.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

So a head-beating carpetbagger.

RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”
    RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
    RULE 12: "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Was he the guy with no relevant testimony to offer in support of the bill, so he told a story about an off-campus incident many years ago? He did have a crisply pressed uniform and nice silver hair, though.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I saw that live and in person. I think the Frostburg State University chief of police testimony is more interesting. There were several times where a legislator asked if there are any campuses that allowed weapons. She never answered. Apparently, Frostburg does allow student forearms to be locked in the police armory.

That's gotta hurt!

Mr H

Banana'd
    Will be waiting for JPR in the morning...

I am firmly opposed to the passage of SB906, but in reviewing some information it has become apparent that this is yet another tawdry political play, attempting to pander to Marylanders who only understand the erroneous mantra that "guns are bad."

In particular, the testimony of University of Maryland Police Chief (and former Maryland State Police Superintendent), David Miller, caught my attention.

While he was Superintendent, he was more than willing to advocate and enforce the counter-Constitutional mandates imposed during the thorough disgrace that was the Glendenning administration. Among other infringements he was glad to support, was the Shell Casing 'Ballistic Fingerprinting' requirement that was proven to be a complete boondoggle (and finally repealed in 2015).

In the very opening of his remarks, he freely admits that firearm violence is already an illegal act. Additionally, a large part of any student population is under the age of 21. Handgun possession is already not a lawful act for these individuals.

According to Chief Miller's statement, there are already policies in place which prevent firearm possession on campus, and he could not cite a single instance where a shooting has occurred on campus. In fact, with regard to possession of a handgun by someone under 21, he confirmed that there has only been one instance, with an arrest... but no harm to anyone.

This bill is not only unnecessary, but is a blatant example of yet another attempt to make criminals of the otherwise law-abiding, in order to further not only an agenda, but political aspirations as well.

Marylanders who lawfully own firearms (and those with 'permission' granted by the State to lawfully carry) go through extensive training, expense, and inconvenience to prove they are trustworthy and no danger to the community at large. This bill restricts them... not the criminals. But the sponsor knows that (and apparently doesn't care).

Anything other than an unfavorable report is unacceptable.

Mr H

Banana'd
    crap... I had Mike on the brain...

Correction sent

I wish to apologize to Chief Mitchell, whom I misnamed "Miller" in my prior note.

I was also composing a screed regarding Pres. Miller, and got my wires crossed. I had no intention of further sullying the Chief by associating him with Sen. Miller.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom