• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Really was mixed with I'd say more pro 2A people speaking up versus not. The special guest, Firman Debrabander, is a pretty large anti. He spoke of Hopkins being so close and doing such great research but the NRA blocks all of it. He brought up the NRA a bunch of times as blocking all sorts of reasonable restrictions on guns. He said the other usual BS as the majority of LEO want citizens disarmed and polls constantly tell us the population wants more gun control.

It got bad enough with him referring to his stats that people started asking for references for his stats. He responded to one person that he had them in his briefcase somewhere and the response was we can wait for you to retrieve them.

The forum was very open in that they passed around microphones so anyone could speak up.

A couple of the stranger comments were a teacher saying she would be afraid to give someone a bad grade if they were armed. "You know they might just shoot me".

There was one young female student that almost broke down crying to the crowd response when she suggested that if someone breaks into your house you should just leave. She was right next to me so I asked what if they are blocking your escape? She really looked like she was going to bust out crying so everyone backed off.

Another young lady responded how mean it was to think about shooting someone that came into your house uninvited.

I was impressed with how open it was but the only negative was 1.5 hours probably wasn't enough time.

Jan 12, 2016
    Central MD
    Thanks pwoolford!

At least it wasn't a bashing session. Good to hear of good discussion. Maybe, just maybe, some people that were there that were anti but didn't speak heard some good points instead of being surrounded by uninformed people that just boost their uninformed ideas.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Thank you pwoolford. Nice to hear that the bleeding hearts and ignorant are alive and well.

I pity the sheep.

So do I. It's sad that it takes bad things to happen to wake some people up.

Thanks pwoolford!

At least it wasn't a bashing session. Good to hear of good discussion. Maybe, just maybe, some people that were there that were anti but didn't speak heard some good points instead of being surrounded by uninformed people that just boost their uninformed ideas.

That was my hope as well. The format of passing around the mic so everyone could chime in definitely helped. We could response pretty quickly to the typical anti talking points as they came up.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Really was mixed with I'd say more pro 2A people speaking up versus not. The special guest, Firman Debrabander, is a pretty large anti. He spoke of Hopkins being so close and doing such great research but the NRA blocks all of it. He brought up the NRA a bunch of times as blocking all sorts of reasonable restrictions on guns. He said the other usual BS as the majority of LEO want citizens disarmed and polls constantly tell us the population wants more gun control.

It got bad enough with him referring to his stats that people started asking for references for his stats. He responded to one person that he had them in his briefcase somewhere and the response was we can wait for you to retrieve them.

The forum was very open in that they passed around microphones so anyone could speak up.

A couple of the stranger comments were a teacher saying she would be afraid to give someone a bad grade if they were armed. "You know they might just shoot me".

There was one young female student that almost broke down crying to the crowd response when she suggested that if someone breaks into your house you should just leave. She was right next to me so I asked what if they are blocking your escape? She really looked like she was going to bust out crying so everyone backed off.

Another young lady responded how mean it was to think about shooting someone that came into your house uninvited.

I was impressed with how open it was but the only negative was 1.5 hours probably wasn't enough time.

Two of Obama's "new Marines?" <-- reference to the greatest fighting force having to endure "sensitivity training."

Gaspasser19

Oct 17, 2015
    Thank you pwoolford. Nice to hear that the bleeding hearts and ignorant are alive and well.

I pity the sheep.

WHY? We raise sheep for wool and food. They are a commodity. Our current problem is that we are treating this commodity as our equal. I pity US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom