• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Didn't want to sidetrack the 2A Tuesday thread, so here is a list of all of the firearm bills I found. I listed each and their corresponding counter filed bills.

All should be support, with some minor tweaks.

Attachments

• 2016 Firearm Bills.pdf
      42.7 KB · Views: 630

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I wonder how much chance HB 0369 has. That would be a great thing with VA's non-res ccw. Exhalent write up btw.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    desk-drawer-14567.jpg

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I think if it has any chance, it will get tweaked to read resident permits. Just my opinion.

I am inclined to think the same thing. Are there any states that are may/not issue that recognize a non res permit(UT, VA, AZ etc)?
    edit: a quick search shows that DE is may issue, but recognizes non-res UT.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I think if it has any chance, it will get tweaked to read resident permits. Just my opinion.

That's one of them (in the drawer) ... You think Dumais is going to allow Virginian's across her bridge carrying? :lol2:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That drawer looks hungry for some legislation!
    *nom nom nom*

But, seriously, that's not how it works. Dumais' bill will sail right through.

I am hoping HB0317 gets passed, given that this is already what the MSP claim they're gonna do, and it's necessary for certain repairs. *shrugs*

Gotta say, kind of a sad showing for our side. No attempts to fix anything? Really?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    *nom nom nom* But, seriously, that's not how it works. Dumais' bill will sail right through. I am hoping HB0317 gets passed, given that this is already what the MSP claim they're gonna do, and it's necessary for certain repairs. *shrugs* Gotta say, kind of a sad showing for our side. No attempts to fix anything? Really?

Removal of one shot requirement?
    Lessening of HQL fee?
    Personal protection as G&S?
    Honor neighboring states permits?
    Lawful replacements of pre-ban "AWs"?
    Adjustment/clarification of disqualifying crimes?
    Fingerprint fixes?

No attempts to fix anything????

Those are all proposed bills and unless some have been added today, there are still no anti-gun bills on deck.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I missed the G&S thing. Yes, that's something, even if it gets eaten by a desk drawer. The rest is not terribly impressive. I feel like we keep getting the wrong tweaks submitted - and, yes, I've offered to help draft legislation if they can find me a sympathetic legislator (which aren't mine).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Not saying we should accept mediocrity, but taking a step forward is better than a mile back.

A full-scale repeal of FSA2013 would be nice, but that's wholly unrealistic with the MGA makeup like it currently is.
    Del. Grammar submitted that last year.

Mr H

Banana'd
    "Anti" bills, should they pass, mean vetoes.

Then, attempted overrides against a Governor who is only gaining in popularity.

They would run the risk of looking 'anti-Maryland' (which really showed itself in the State of the State today... the opposition looked really entrenched and foolish).

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Eliminate, don't just reduce, all fees ("poll taxes") having to do with the transfer of firearms and obtaining an HQL. Make the State pay for its imposition from the general fund.

Eliminate fingerprinting for an HQL. What purpose does it serve? What has it done to prevent a crime? And if it has (doubtful), what could be done in its place that is less costly, intrusive, inconvenient, and demeaning? Applying for an HQL shouldn't be like getting booked. Those are the ONLY reasons for it. Burdening would-be licensees. Curran blueprint.

Feb 28, 2013
    "Anti" bills, should they pass, mean vetoes.

Then, attempted overrides against a Governor who is only gaining in popularity.

They would run the risk of looking 'anti-Maryland' (which really showed itself in the State of the State today... the opposition looked really entrenched and foolish).

As if the Firearms Stupidity Act didn't do a good enough job of that by itself?

The delegates and senators that would vote to override a Hogan veto don't have to worry about voter push back. 3 counties and Baltimore City....the 4 of them together are more than 70% democrat and there are enough members in the GA from those 4 sub divisions to override. They already have done it to some of Hogan's vetoes from last year and now that they know they can do it they are emboldened.

Hogan is toothless....

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The delegates and senators that would vote to override a Hogan veto don't have to worry about voter push back. 3 counties and Baltimore City....the 4 of them together are more than 70% democrat and there are enough members in the GA from those 4 sub divisions to override. They already have done it to some of Hogan's vetoes from last year and now that they know they can do it they are emboldened.

Hogan is toothless....

It's time for you to be quiet for a while. You are nothing more than a persistently negative force here who quite obviously has no intent to contribute anything of value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom