my Oct. 20th review, restrictions lifted?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I called the Handgun Review board and was informed that the person remembers my case but wasn't sure where it was in the process and would eventually get back to me. I was told that there are delays past the standard 30 day process due to the review board needing to review the notes from the review board meetings.

:sad20:

The state should know that most every board in Montgomery County is volunteer, no pay. Maryland could save the money and get the same service..

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Damn it.

I missed a Ms. Street phone reference.:banghead:

So, "30 Days" actually means whenever we feel like it or possibly never if you don't ask 4 time or get a lawyer involved.

Your government at work!

Who can be the first to list 3 awe inspiring excuses as to why this is okay that this routinely happens with the MSP.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I called the Handgun Review board and was informed that the person remembers my case but wasn't sure where it was in the process and would eventually get back to me. I was told that there are delays past the standard 30 day process due to the review board needing to review the notes from the review board meetings.

Not an excuse. I know you are trying to tread lightly and not jeopardize your permit, but the decision was made, the note have been reviewed and your letter is late. Who did you speak to and who did you call? MSP ro DPSCS?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Who at the HPRB actually is supposed to compose and send the letter? Ms. Street?

Judging by her demeanor I would say that she would not be motivated to be proactive unless of course her phone was dying.....

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Who at the HPRB actually is supposed to compose and send the letter? Ms. Street?

Judging by her demeanor I would say that she would not be motivated to be proactive unless of course her phone was dying.....

The chairman composes the letter and SUPPOSEDLY it goes out to the MSP and applicant/licensee at the same time. From my understanding there may be a little bit of a delay because of some shuffling going on. :D

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Damn it.

I missed a Ms. Street phone reference.:banghead:

So, "30 Days" actually means whenever we feel like it or possibly never if you don't ask 4 time or get a lawyer involved.

Your government at work!

Who can be the first to list 3 awe inspiring excuses as to why this is okay that this routinely happens with the MSP.
    She's the Rodney dangerfield in that room, huh?
    Except it sounds like she deserves it :lol2:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The chairman composes the letter and SUPPOSEDLY it goes out to the MSP and applicant/licensee at the same time. From my understanding there may be a little bit of a delay because of some shuffling going on. :D
    Is this wishful thinking about Knaub on your part again? ;)

GSXR750

Nov 28, 2012
    My case is not the private detective case. I promise to fill everyone in as soon as I can. It is a lengthy story, so I'll need to set aside time to explain, plus, regardless of the reality that a decision was already made, I prefer to not get my hopes up until I see it in writing delivered to my home first.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Volunteer boards are great until you realize you have no political control over them. that may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Volunteer boards are great until you realize you have no political control over them. that may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint.

Volunteer boards are every bit as power hungry as compensated ones..
    Our county has dozens of them, that include dispensing legal decisions, and fines backed by the circuit court. The only political power in Montgomery is left, which all the volunteer boards lean. Many do call for members registered in both parties for "equity". :innocent0

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Is there something magically that maybe happens at the SIXTY day mark?

Yet another scary peek into the reality of what has probably been going on for 25 (plus?) years at the MSP. Think of it this way, before the last say,.... 8 or so years no one was even really talking much about this, except MSI.

There certainly wasn't anywhere NEAR this much of a spotlight on the process, crazy inconsistencies and useless timelines.

GSXR750

Nov 28, 2012
    just wanted to let you all know, still no letter response or new permit in the mail. I think I'll call again tomorrow or tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom