• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • osterizer

Mar 9, 2013
    Hmmm. I didn't realize the target-rich environ--, um, gun-free zone law went back to '68. I first started seeing that stuff in the mid-to-late '80s.

I agree, we should promote sponsored shooting clubs in schools where it's practical and wanted. It's a great activity, and would help with people's perceptions of shooting hobbies. The biggest problem I see is people lack familiarity with firearms so they accept the arguments of gun-control advocates without knowing the facts.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Hmmm. I didn't realize the target-rich environ--, um, gun-free zone law went back to '68. I first started seeing that stuff in the mid-to-late '80s.

I thought the gun-free school zone act was from like '99 or something?

I agree, we should promote sponsored shooting clubs in schools where it's practical and wanted. It's a great activity, and would help with people's perceptions of shooting hobbies. The biggest problem I see is people lack familiarity with firearms so they accept the arguments of gun-control advocates without knowing the facts.

And that is exactly why they will never let that happen. Education & truth are their worst enemies. Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

osterizer

Mar 9, 2013
    They LOVE "truth", as it involves beliefs and adherence to an orthodoxy.

Facts are stubborn little things that tend to be difficult to ignore or change.

Which is why their current tactic is to try to brush aside facts (and they're largely succeeding) and justify themselves as taking "common sense" steps. Calling it common sense is intended to reduce the need for proof, since "everybody" knows it's The Right Thing To Do.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Completely correct.

This is why we now need to use one of their own favorite tactics.

I call it "Louder is Righter", and they use it well.

They try to spread the false narrative far and wide, and we need to use our numbers to reinforce the facts up front, rather than (again) having to fight to disprove their fallacies after the fact.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    5apyraha.jpg

Sirex