• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I am not much into the old military stuff, but I am thinking about a 30 carbine for a different reason. looking at one on GB but it has a 15 round mag. My assumption this is no good and the fact that it's from freakin 1943 doesn't make a difference, but I really have no idea... can anyone clarify for me?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    No exclusions on the law for C&R.
    You can not have them ship you the rifle with a >10 round mag
    If you want no gray areas, just simply have them ship without the mag

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    other option I believe is to try to find an FFL in seller's state to do the transfer for me and go there to do the transaction. my guess is this is going to be a challenge.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If it is C&R and YOU have a C&R FFL03 you can travel out of state and pick it up and no issues if it has >10 round mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    If it is C&R and YOU have a C&R FFL03 you can travel out of state and pick it up and no issues if it has >10 round mag

why would it not be just like buying any other long gun in another state, FFL does the NICS check, transfer, etc as long as legal to own gun in my state? I have purchased long gun in PA before as a MD resident, perfectly legal etc. why would this be any different?

want to stay above the law but don't see any issue as long as go thru FFL there

also, before I plunk down the $, I wonder if anyone here who is way smarter than me can look at this and tell me if this is an OK deal or not? PM me if you are willing... thanks

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    why would it not be just like buying any other long gun in another state, FFL does the NICS check, transfer, etc as long as legal to own gun in my state? I have purchased long gun in PA before as a MD resident, perfectly legal etc. why would this be any different?

want to stay above the law but don't see any issue as long as go thru FFL there

also, before I plunk down the $, I wonder if anyone here who is way smarter than me can look at this and tell me if this is an OK deal or not? PM me if you are willing... thanks

You are correct, you can travel to another state and transfer at an FFL, I don't think I contradicted that.

Since this is the C&R sub forum, I may have falsely assumed you have a C&R FFL03. I wanted to point that out if you did have one, no need for FFL01 transfer

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    You are correct, you can travel to another state and transfer at an FFL, I don't think I contradicted that.

Since this is the C&R sub forum, I may have falsely assumed you have a C&R FFL03. I wanted to point that out if you did have one, no need for FFL01 transfer

sorry, thanks for the clarification. I only posted here cause I thought this subforum was for the old stuff, which I know very little about...my bad and apologies. I am not C&R FFL03 or anything beyond normal citizen/subject of the crown.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Your post was fine IMO
    You don’t need to be a C&R FFL03 holder to post here so I did not meant to imply that.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You could have the magazines shipped to a friend who lives in another state. if you have one. I have >10 shipped to my buddy in VA. I go pick them up.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    You cold have the magazines shipped to a friend who lives in another state. if you have one. I have >10 shipped to my buddy in VA. I go pick them up.

I believe I have that issue resolved, thanks... main concern now is whether this is an OK deal or not, since I know nothing about these rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom