• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    I just snagged some Tok mags for my TT-33 from classicfirearms. They were on sale but now I regret not waiting to the gun show in Chantilly. The first mag I tried to insert became stuck to the point I had to disassemble the gun to free the mag. Upon inspection I notice the mag catch hole is cut different from a known good mag I have and the quality of the finish is sub par as well. I will try to post pics. Any one have a line on hood TT-33 mags?

Bottom pic is good mag smooth finish drops free

Attachments

• 80D5968E-09B2-4DAE-90B5-61E2B43B55F5.jpg
      80D5968E-09B2-4DAE-90B5-61E2B43B55F5.jpg
      31.5 KB · Views: 489
    • 1AB00B7E-F207-47EC-8C17-5F291595B714.jpg
      1AB00B7E-F207-47EC-8C17-5F291595B714.jpg
      24.6 KB · Views: 483
    Jul 1, 2012
    First rule of thumb is to buy genuine surplus Russian/Romanian magazines vice the aftermarket ones (or those "new Serbian" ones).
    I bought a group of them off GunBroker (or evilPay?) a while back, just hunt around...

I had the same problem with an aftermarket mag, it jammed up and had to do some head-scratching and brute force to get the damn thing out.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Absolutely not the same, but for my M57 I’ve had luck with the new manufacture mags. I think they are made by Zastava, just like the guns were. So that probably has something to do with that.

ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    Yeah. I will keep an eye out for some extra Russian mags. These where on sale for 10 bucks at classic firearms so I snagged three. I will just keep the springs as possible replacement parts

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Check with our IPs; TT33 mags seem to be fairly readily available lately. And I believe DK has some mags for sale, as well as Untied Defense (DBA Keepshooting).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah. I will keep an eye out for some extra Russian mags. These where on sale for 10 bucks at classic firearms so I snagged three. I will just keep the springs as possible replacement parts

I mean if they are that cheap, grab some calipers and start checking dimensions. If it is an issue with the mag slot, you may just be able to file it or reprofile it so it works. If the mag body itself is too tight, you are probably SOL

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    I got two from Classic. The notch was good but I had to size the dimensions a bit. Had to take down the back side down 1/1000 on metal belt sander from top to bottom. and lightly on the rounded front. then cleaned up with brass wheel polish. Finished with steel wool. Rubbed with Rem oil and now they insert/eject perfect. I did use a fine file just to clean the notch roughness.

ArtBob

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2009
    +1 with mstraus. I have to adjust mine in some cases to fit my Polish and Romanian. I am attaching a picture of the last 4 after the mod, did not take much out.

I got two from Classic. The notch was good but I had to size the dimensions a bit. Had to take down the back side down 1/1000 on metal belt sander from top to bottom. and lightly on the rounded front. then cleaned up with brass wheel polish. Finished with steel wool. Rubbed with Rem oil and now they insert/eject perfect. I did use a fine file just to clean the notch roughness.

Attachments

• mags.jpg
      mags.jpg
      54.4 KB · Views: 212

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads