• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • High Q

Jan 16, 2009
    Here is my experience with Planet Optics--

They never have anything in stock, even if their site says they do.

I have even emailed them ahead of time to verify that something is in stock before I order it. I have been told yes, so I went ahead and placed my order. A day or two later I get the dreaded email saying that the item is out of stock. It is apparent that they never checked on it's availablity, they just told me yes to get my money so they could direct me to something else that is "just as good".

I will never shop there again.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I just had a reasonably good experience with them. I got a 3-9x32 bushnell scope and base for my .22 with no issues.

i'm not saying you aren't right and i'm not trying to be a jerk, just making conversation.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I have bought from them in the past without any problem

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Are you talking about optics planet. If so I have ordered thousands of dolloars worth of stuff from them with no problems. If you talk to most optics manuf. they recomend them. If your not refering to them then nevermind.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    sorry to hear that. I have had good experiences with Optics Planet and always check them when shopping as they're prices are the best.

Mud Turtle

Jan 11, 2009
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I have purchased from them before and had a similar experience. However, their prices are good and they have free shipping. So, I guess I'll continue dealing with them.

Last edited:

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Here is my experience with Planet Optics--

They never have anything in stock, even if their site says they do.

I have even emailed them ahead of time to verify that something is in stock before I order it. I have been told yes, so I went ahead and placed my order. A day or two later I get the dreaded email saying that the item is out of stock. It is apparent that they never checked on it's availablity, they just told me yes to get my money so they could direct me to something else that is "just as good".

I will never shop there again.

from the looks of the other posts, seems like you may just have all the luck. bummer! I hate it when that happens...

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    never had a problem either, usually ship same day and the prices are usually better than Midway even with the C&R discount....

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    If you are talking about Optics Planet, they have been great to me. I have been happy with their prices and fast shipping on just released high end items that no one else could get. Sorry to hear you had troubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom