(Just off exit 17 of I-83)

600 Tables

Saturday 9am to 5pm
    Sunday 9am to 3pm

Admission is $8.00 a day for anyone 12 and up

Parking is Free

http://www.thegunshows.com/show-sites/timonium-fairgrounds/

Timonium-Fairgrounds-Coupon.jpg

NOTE: The dates are from the "2019 events" page. The Timonium Fairgrounds page has not been updated from 2018, so the # tables, hours and admission may have changed.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Coming up this weekend, SCSG will be there with lots of used firearms and some great deals on new firearms! Stop by and see us!

jmik07

Apr 15, 2019
    Brunswick
    First/last time I went to this show the hall and tables were mostly empty and everything was insanely overpriced... is that par for the course or it worth coughing up a few bucks to check it out?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    First/last time I went to this show the hall and tables were mostly empty and everything was insanely overpriced... is that par for the course or it worth coughing up a few bucks to check it out?

When was that “last time”?

I’ve made it a point to go to as many shows there as possible. Our IPs need our support. And I’ve met and talked to many new shooters who appreciate the information about their new interests. Some prices were more than they should have been... and some deals were better than expected.

But if we all stay away... the Anti Gunners WIN when the shows no longer come there due to lack of support.

The last show there was better than other recent shows. I expect this one should be better as well.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The days of getting great deals on firearms at gun shows is over. You might pick up something because it's not at your local gun store. The cleaning supplies is why I go to shows lately. Not that they are sold at discounted prices, but because it's in front of you and you know what you're buying. I don't blame the shops who set up at the shows, it's just that I'm used to the old days when you could get that great deal on a firearm. It's a good time if you go just to walk around, look at things that you have interest in and maybe talk to a few old friends. I miss the sellers that used to set up at the shows. But because of the laws in MD, most don't waste their time at our gun shows.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yeah, there's one here this weekend too. Takes about 4 or 5 hours just to see every table.:cool:

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    The days of getting great deals on firearms at gun shows is over. You might pick up something because it's not at your local gun store. The cleaning supplies is why I go to shows lately. Not that they are sold at discounted prices, but because it's in front of you and you know what you're buying. I don't blame the shops who set up at the shows, it's just that I'm used to the old days when you could get that great deal on a firearm. It's a good time if you go just to walk around, look at things that you have interest in and maybe talk to a few old friends. I miss the sellers that used to set up at the shows. But because of the laws in MD, most don't waste their time at our gun shows.

You can still find deals sometimes, just depends on what your looking for..

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    If you don't go, you will never know if there were any deals to be had. That is unless someone on the forum posts it up here for you to drool over.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Like RD said and I have been preaching for years. If you don't support these shows, they will disappear. I always go to the Timo shows. Sometimes I walk out with the cash I came in with, sometimes my arms are full....

Heads up, I think Sugar loaf is this weekend as well, so try to park on the Timonium RD side of the building.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I went to the last Timonium show with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised with a really good deal on HST ammo. I also picked up a bag full of parts (like 1911 grips) that were just too cheap to pass up.

IIRC, EBR's were reasonably cheap as well, with Colts just about $1k. Obviously not the $399 Ruger EBR prices you see on the Interweb from time to time, but not bad for MD pricing.

I don't think you can even try to compare a gun show in MD to the one's in the Lone Star State that P5 has access to. I've been at gun shops in Reno that could make Frosh's head spin if he was to wander into one.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I go to every one I can, if only to add one to the headcount in an effort to support the Unicorn.

I buy less than I used to, but it's still important, IMO, to be there.

Remember that we have already lost shows... Upper Marlboro and HoCo (both Silverado). Without a vocal and supportive public, Frederick will be next, and maybe Timonium.

Luigi2020

Oct 21, 2013
    Nottingham, MD
    I bought my first shotgun at the Timonium show a long time ago. I'll be there tomorrow looking for my first revolver. Hopefully there will be a decent sized crowd.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I go to every one I can, if only to add one to the headcount in an effort to support the Unicorn.

Remember that we have already lost shows... Upper Marlboro and HoCo (both Silverado). Without a vocal and supportive public, Frederick will be next, and maybe Timonium.

Howard County is back on Silverado’s web site!
    http://silveradogunshow.com/schedule.html

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

Annapolis Armory show also gone.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I think the first gun show I ever went to was at the Civic Center (or maybe 5th Regiment Armory, I really can't remember) My Father took me, I was about 12 or 13. I couldn't believe all the guns they had there, seemed like millions. I think that's what got me hooked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom