• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Right on cue.... :sad20:

The legislation will be introduced by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA), and gun control proponent Gabby Giffords.

Tuesday will be the eighth anniversary of the day on which Giffords was shot by Jared Loughner.

The bill seeks to put background checks in place for all gun sales, requiring a daughter to get a background check before her mother can give her a gun or a son to get a background check before a father can give him one. It would also require a lifelong friend to get a background check before he can a gun from his lifelong friend.

Politico quoted Rep. Thompson saying:

Since the shooting at Sandy Hook, the Gun Violence Prevention Task Force has been fighting for a chance to pass legislation that will help save lives. Finally, with our new majority that ran on helping to prevent gun violence, we will introduce a bipartisan, universal background checks bill. We will hold hearings, we will have a vote, and this legislation will finally pass the House.

The Democrats gave refer to the background check bill as “H.R. 8,” honoring the eight years of Giffords’ life since the attack. Ironically, her attacker passed a background check to acquire his gun, so this bill would have done nothing to prevent her from being shot
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-bill-criminalizing-private-gun-sales-tuesday

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Two things: While it is regrettable that former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords was shot, I find it reprehensible that six other human beings were killed that day along with twelve others injured besides the former Congresswoman. How unfortunate that the only victim that day that gets remembered was the target of the insane criminal and not the others who happened to be in close proximity.

Secondly, January 8th is and always will be Elvis Presley's birthday. No amount of violence or evil in the world will eclipse the birth of the "King of Rock and Roll."

Thank you...thank you very much.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    And even if every single law abiding American followed that ridiculous law, it would have zero fvcking effect on the guns bought and sold by the thugs. :mad54:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Two things: While it is regrettable that former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords was shot, I find it reprehensible that six other human beings were killed that day along with twelve others injured besides the former Congresswoman. How unfortunate that the only victim that day that gets remembered was the target of the insane criminal and not the others who happened to be in close proximity.

Secondly, January 8th is and always will be Elvis Presley's birthday. No amount of violence or evil in the world will eclipse the birth of the "King of Rock and Roll."

Thank you...thank you very much.

Hey........

Numma Two Son was born on 1/8.

It's a thing of legend. OK, not HIM, but the happenings at the hospital. :lol2:

Last edited:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Is this worded to also prevent loaning a firearm for hunting etc, add in the wait period on purchasing could make it tough on some traveling hunters needing anew firearm. Normally they try to carve out regulations against hunters ... and .gov employees

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    We should make clear that we're not agreeing to this unless background checks can be run for free from a smartphone. I'd voluntarily run them if that was the case.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    We should make clear that we're not agreeing to this unless background checks can be run for free from a smartphone. I'd voluntarily run them if that was the case.

The ATF mostly likely will be over overwhelmed. Only meant currently for
    firearms bought at FFL.
    I'd think would require registration, also a non starter.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    I think we need to do a thorough background checks on all politicians, because they can and do, a lot more damage than a crazed lone gunman. And they do it repeatedly, on our dime...

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Anytime I hear anything come out of a Liberals mouth I want to vomit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we need to do a thorough background checks on all politicians, because they can and do, a lot more damage than a crazed lone gunman. And they do it repeatedly, on our dime...

Spot on, gents. Spot on!

JakeThePit

Mar 11, 2018
    Looks like the lower chamber is going to spend the next 2 years passing endless PC legislation that will go nowhere in the upper chamber.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Screw that!

We want background checks on all registered voters!
    Did I hear someone refer to a "VQL"......the voter qualification license.....

Some of the requirments include:

1.Completion of High School Civics.
    2. Records check for no known death certifcate.
    3. IRS check for current tax forms filed.
    4. MD current taxes filed.
    5. Two forms of ID to establish legal residency.
    6. Fingerprints.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Looks like the lower chamber is going to spend the next 2 years passing endless PC legislation that will go nowhere in the upper chamber.

Gridlock is my favorite compromise to bad representative government. My first choice is less government. If I can't have that, I will take government that can't get anything done, because even when they try to do something they believe is good, they never overcome the law of unintended consequences.

Therefore I support legislation that goes nowhere. :party29:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Gridlock is my favorite compromise to bad representative government. My first choice is less government. If I can't have that, I will take government that can't get anything done, because even when they try to do something they believe is good, they never overcome the law of unintended consequences.

Therefore I support legislation that goes nowhere. :party29:

Yep, if they spend the next 2 years chasing their tails they won't be able to do too much damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom