"Gunty Club" proposed in Baltimore County (Owings Mills)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Agreed. This location is too close to the Crime Train. Remember when there was a really nice shopping mall there with high-end stores? No doubt membership/visit fees will price them out, but they’ll be outside in the parking lot waiting for the “rich guys” & the “rich guys’ guns” to assault, rob, & steal.

Bingo! This was a very nice area up till 12 years ago. Another place to shoot is always a good thing.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I don't see this ever happening in MD, the upscale clientele simply isn't here. Too much of an anti gun environment in this state, not to mention whatever permitting hell the county and state would put them through just to build it.
    Believe me I hope I'm wrong about this and it does get built. More ranges in this state are a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Great Idea and Investment. The TSS Range on Avondale Pa just off of Rt1 opened last year same idea and they are packed. One of the owners told me they had 1.5 mil in the place. The way things look like they are going they should have that back in a couple of years. The store is always well stocked and prices are fair. Training classes are held on a regular basis and you can even fire a Gatling gun as they have one to shoot. Been there a couple of times nice for indoors. Chris

Looks like a nice place but I'm not sure it has that much to offer over a place like freestate. The shot is much nicer and they have a lot more guns to rent it doesn't excite me all that much.

I'm thinking that the ultimate draw would be that if a local golf club put in an indoor range. Then you have something to do in the winter at the club.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I don't see this ever happening in MD, the upscale clientele simply isn't here. Too much of an anti gun environment in this state, not to mention whatever permitting hell the county and state would put them through just to build it.
    Believe me I hope I'm wrong about this and it does get built. More ranges in this state are a good thing.

I think you are wrong, and that's a good thing.

Looks like a nice place but I'm not sure it has that much to offer over a place like freestate. The shot is much nicer and they have a lot more guns to rent it doesn't excite me all that much.

I'm thinking that the ultimate draw would be that if a local golf club put in an indoor range. Then you have something to do in the winter at the club.

If you had ever been to a "guntry club" you would know that they are head and shoulders above Freestate.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

The county has already prepared special legislation to let them build.

I think folks are under estimating (or not knowledgeable) about the resources and connections this group brings to the table.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Lobbying/ bribing to get special legislation passed is a totally different thing from investors plunking down cash 6 figures at a time.

But hey, we don't *want* them to fail . By all means silence the skeptics, by opening and thriving .

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Lobbying/ bribing to get special legislation passed is a totally different thing from investors plunking down cash 6 figures at a time.

But hey, we don't *want* them to fail . By all means silence the skeptics, by opening and thriving .

Just read the article....the local legislation has been submitted to change the zoning. I don't believe it's "bribing" as you put it.

Having an understanding of the folks involved, their connections, their other business contracts/contacts, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Yes their "wish amount" is large. I seriously doubt they need to raise that much to get a standard range in which even if the "plush a'la carte" range doesn't get built right away I'd guess they have a functioning range there sooner than later.

In this wonderful state why argue against someone doing something new and different for the firearm community. Maybe they can help remove the "stigma" that gun owners are camo wearing rednecks hiding in the woods all winter or tacticool "the government is going to take my guns" folks.

If they can serve a high end crowd great. There's plenty of folks who spend 1,500-3,000 dollars on 1911's and those folks probably wouldn't mind a nice play to shot.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The more ranges the better . The more shooters the better.

If they can develope 1,000 previously non-shooters into paying $580/yr they are ace marketers.

Promoting their venture on the basis of being able to be exclusive , and avoid all those other slimeball asshat gun owners has the backlash potential of the larger public remembering slimeball asshat gun owners , more so than the luxuriousness of their facilities .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Just read the article....the local legislation has been submitted to change the zoning. I don't believe it's "bribing" as you put it.

Having an understanding of the folks involved, their connections, their other business contracts/contacts, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Yes their "wish amount" is large. I seriously doubt they need to raise that much to get a standard range in which even if the "plush a'la carte" range doesn't get built right away I'd guess they have a functioning range there sooner than later.

In this wonderful state why argue against someone doing something new and different for the firearm community. Maybe they can help remove the "stigma" that gun owners are camo wearing rednecks hiding in the woods all winter or tacticool "the government is going to take my guns" folks.

If they can serve a high end crowd great. There's plenty of folks who spend 1,500-3,000 dollars on 1911's and those folks probably wouldn't mind a nice play to shot.

Pretty sure they are not going for the incremental "standard range" with upgrade later. They are looking for the big investment dollar and the full monte or nothing. If I missed a part of the story that says they are going to build small and add on, please point it out to me.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If they were going for incremental "standard range" with upgrade later, they could find an existing range, make an offer, and renovate it. It would make a lot more sense than sinking 8 mil into a new range in MD.

Jan 25, 2017
    This seems to be a trend that's catching on for gun ranges, turning it into a high level country-club type feel with varying levels of membership. Depending on the training cadre, it might be worth it.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Pretty sure they are not going for the incremental "standard range" with upgrade later. They are looking for the big investment dollar and the full monte or nothing. If I missed a part of the story that says they are going to build small and add on, please point it out to me.

They have a direct need for a range. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a range part built, and even if not open to the public right away. This would let them do the "fluff" things later.

I'm guessing they get it all done at once. If they don't I suspect they get the range done regardless in a "less thrills" way.

They have a need for a range, they have a want for a high end place for training, sales, etc. Needs always come before wants.

I think they will get their capital raised....they just got approved by the council for zoning.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sounds like it is going to be very nice. One of my patients is going to be in management.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Here are the fees:

Attachments

• guntry_club_stdrd.jpg
      guntry_club_stdrd.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 361
    • guntry_club_vip.png
      guntry_club_vip.png
      12.7 KB · Views: 418

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Might be a market for it down there. Up here? We shoot off of the back deck....... for free.

Up around Chadds Ford, PA, people gladly shell out good money to shoot at Targetmaster.

Location Location Location.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Might be a market for it down there. Up here? We shoot off of the back deck....... for free.

Up around Chadds Ford, PA, people gladly shell out good money to shoot at Targetmaster.

Location Location Location.
    There was a really neat indoor Five Stand in Coatsville, PA. Trying to turn it into a Guntry Club killed it. Had two ranges, each had five stands on two floors.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom