• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    You were told incorrectly Harrison's Island is privately owned, and the best campsite below Brunswick is on a private island.
    There are others.

About 10 years ago I called the Town of Brunswick asking about the islands.They gave their opinion(no camping allowed) then gave me the number to the Park Service.I talked to someone there and they told me what I stated above.They never mentioned that some of the islands were privately owned.So,you are right....incorrect info.

How is the fishing below Brunswick? I would like to find a place to catfish at night,have a couple cold ones,and get a little sleep before going home the next day.I have some tents and a kayak....ready to find a spot to utilize them

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    You were told incorrectly Harrison's Island is privately owned, and the best campsite below Brunswick is on a private island.
    There are others.

About 10 years ago I called the Town of Brunswick asking about the islands.They gave their opinion(no camping allowed) then gave me the number to the Park Service.I talked to someone there and they told me what I stated above.They never mentioned that some of the islands were privately owned.So,you are right....incorrect info.

How is the fishing below Brunswick? I would like to find a place to catfish at night,have a couple cold ones,and get a little sleep before going home the next day.I have some tents and a kayak....ready to find a spot to utilize them

You ever thought of giving hammock camping a try? Its great this time of year

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Never slept in a hammock,just a small tent.That way I don't have mosquitoes carrying me off.
    No Mosquitoes on the river. Ever. Last 30 years. NONE.
    All the camping I have done is on islands and NO mosquitoes.
    You camp on land, probably mosquitoes.

I am repor ting from Brunswick to Edward'sFerry on the Potomac,
    and Millville to Harper's ferry on the Sehnandoah - no mosquitoes if camped on an island.
    Lewis and Clark were tortured by them on the Missouri for months - they tried to camp on islands to get rid of them...
    Honest - NO Mosquitoes on the river if you are on an island. Pretty cool!

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    What about upstream near Knoxville. There is Colonial Island and some others there.
    I do not know. Population used to be dicey in them thar areas....
    Dargan Bend ..

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Heck, I am reporting that all the islands downstream of Violette's Lock are mosquito free as well.
    Good camping.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Heck, I am reporting that all the islands downstream of Violette's Lock are mosquito free as well.
    Good camping.

Thats good info right there :lol:
    I would have never guessed that.I used to camp at Brunswick and you had to stay drenched in bug juice,even during the day.

Night fishing the Monocacy is the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom