Willes lee responds to a question about the NRA and silencers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    This might well be more confirmation bias at work, but the NRA is largely doing whatever it can to reinforce my decision to not send them another red cent. Perhaps when they grow something resembling a pair and/or begin tending to their fiscal affairs in something resembling responsible fashion will I consider giving them money in the future.

Until then, my money goes to other organizations who are unapologetically, unequivocally pro-2A and have not given me reason to question how they use funds entrusted to them to defend our birthright.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This might well be more confirmation bias at work, but the NRA is largely doing whatever it can to reinforce my decision to not send them another red cent. Perhaps when they grow something resembling a pair and/or begin tending to their fiscal affairs in something resembling responsible fashion will I consider giving them money in the future.

Until then, my money goes to other organizations who are unapologetically, unequivocally pro-2A and have not given me reason to question how they use funds entrusted to them to defend our birthright.

For me it is partly that. Partly too responses like Willie’s. Customer service can be hard, but dude, the guys question wasn’t even phrased that offensively. Customer service means always being polite. Sometimes it is being politely firm while you throw someone out of their ear, but you always strive to be polite. That is priority #1. When you are a spokesperson for an organization, you are in customer service.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Is there anything we can do as Members ( life or otherwise ) to help the NRA with a large voice to change some of it's ways and throw this guy out on his ear . And to curb it's executive spending ???

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC

My usual donations to the ILA have instead been added to my Second Amendment Foundation donations.

The NRA better get their act together because the void they leave will be quickly filled by other (or another) organizations.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Exactly. Only reason I’m going to keep paying for my Life to Endowment member upgrade is to be able vote these spineless faux 2A supporters out.

Beyond that all my monetary support going forward goes to 2AF, MSI, and whatever is leftover to GOA.

I appreciate your resilience. I know I could not do it. :thumbsup:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    This is the problem with Twitter/Facebook. Overly emotional responses are not only possible, but more likely than thought out ones. I'm guessing that probably the 418th time that day he had to answer a question on silencers.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I responded to the latest NRA-beg letter with a similar response to clean up their internal act and not roll over on suppressors they way they did on bump-stocks. My donations are going to other organizations until the NRA wins back my trust.

I'm pretty sure that nobody will read my response or care about it, but that's where I am.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is the problem with Twitter/Facebook. Overly emotional responses are not only possible, but more likely than thought out ones. I'm guessing that probably the 418th time that day he had to answer a question on silencers.

Too bad for him. Do the job, or get out of the way.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Here is his second attempt at an "apology". I want to know what the guy has personally ever done for the Second Amendment. Can someone name one thing of note he has done. If he was really working hard for your Second Amendment rights I would not be as critical as I have been. I just can't stand someone being hypocrite. Notice how he qualifies how he appecaites every "good" member. Who gets to decide who is a "good" member? I think ever NRA member should be treated with respect.
    29ymgkm.jpg

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I sent this to Wayne LaPierre, Chris Cox and every board member whose email address I could locate on 5/31 -The only response I received was from board member Lt. Col. Robert Brown.:

———————-

I won’t be donating another dollar as long as WLP is in charge, and also not until the board of directors reverses the spending and management quagmire - or are dismantled themselves. The 500 pound 2A gorilla that the NRA used to be - and should be now - needs to be euthanized and reborn.

It literally sickens blue collar Americans to hear about private jets, 3,000.00 suits and apartments for interns when they are trying to scrape together 20 bucks to send the NRA before the next paycheck.

Perhaps you should stop trying to use scare tactics on your own members and listen to them.

There are plenty of fiscally responsible 2A-supporting companies that I will (continue) to donate to in the meantime.

Matt
    Life Member

————————

The board needs to hear from us, the NRA itself not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I remember a 5th grade English teacher giving some of the best advice (about writing) I ever received:

Before you call it done, read it out loud as if reading it not to the person for whom it’s intended, but for an objective third party. Will they take away everything you meant to convey, nothing more and nothing less? Does your use of asides, idioms, punctuation and vocabulary make you sound more persuasive, or less so?

It’s amazing what actually hearing your own voice (not the one in your head) speaking your written words can do to polish things up. I don’t think this board member has taken the time to do that. Granted, he probably has to wade through thousands of vitriolic troll comments every day, and that would erode my patience for sure. But then, I’m not in public relations - and good thing, too.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Now that's one arrogant SOB.

Time to Drain the Range....

Too bad for him. Do the job, or get out of the way.

Here is his second attempt at an "apology". I want to know what the guy has personally ever done for the Second Amendment. Can someone name one thing of note he has done. If he was really working hard for your Second Amendment rights I would not be as critical as I have been. I just can't stand someone being hypocrite. Notice how he qualifies how he appecaites every "good" member. Who gets to decide who is a "good" member? I think ever NRA member should be treated with respect.

I read in his bio that he's on the Outreach Committee! That is OUTRAGEOUS!!! He should be made to resign immediately.

This reminds me of the "palace revolution" a years ago that gave us actual, "worth a sh1t" directors. Another revolution is long overdue, starting with a purge of the overpaid, underperforming Executive Suite. The Life and Endowment members of, say, FINRA might be a place to start organizing.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    :sad20: As someone from Hawaii, I am embarrassed that he is from Hawaii, and can't seem to grasp the Aloha spirit and use it to his advantage.

Q

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Anyone have email addresses for the NRA Board, or members thereof?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Board of Directors elections matter .
    Voting Members Voting matter .
    Remember Cincinnati !

If the NRA falls , various groups would fill various micro vaccumes . But to fill the overall stature probably couldn't happen , and would take way too many years to even get close .

I really hate that there is a need for NRA apologists , and really hate that the NRA continues to dig deeper .

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    The NRA is pretty much like the Republican Party. They think they have a lock on our loyalty and support then just go on their merry way doing whatever the hell they want while feeding us BS thinking we'll take it without question. They seem to have missed the message of Trump's election.

As for me, it's SAF for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom