• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So you cause extra work for your boss and your entire company? You must be very good at what you do to be afforded such leeway. And I feel sorry for your wife and kids. No doubt their social lives have suffered as a result of your position. But hey, if it keeps your blood pressure down, it's all good, right?

I am VERY good at what I do. I have only need to please my boss, and sometimes that doesn’t happen, but ever other person there works for me so I don’t give two shits what they think.

And my wife and son would have it no other way. They understand exactly how I feel and they feel the same way with the exception that they will on occasion deal with shitbags because they can. Personally I can not, I will not. And my wife and son don’t want me to lose my temper dealing with shotbags because they know how that turns out for the shitbags and in turn for me.

Happy wife and son happy life.

Life’s to short to waste time on these types, at least mine is.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I am VERY good at what I do. I have only need to please my boss, and sometimes that doesn’t happen, but ever other person there works for me so I don’t give two shits what they think.

And my wife and son would have it no other way. They understand exactly how I feel and they feel the same way with the exception that they will on occasion deal with shitbags because they can. Personally I can not, I will not. And my wife and son don’t want me to lose my temper dealing with shotbags because they know how that turns out for the shitbags and in turn for me.

Happy wife and son happy life.

Life’s to short to waste time on these types, at least mine is.

I congratulate you. My Wife is lockstep with me about who we are friends with, and the people we allow into our lives. We have no qualms about parting ways with people who have lack values, or hold to values that are in opposition to what we live for.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I feel there's room for both approaches. We are not subjects of the crown. The people that set up our government went to great lengths to ensure the government should be afraid of the people. Rather than the marxist government system of thinking a utopia is possible, they knew that humans are prone to tyranny and constructed failsafes within the system to check the worst parts of humanity. People in government do not feel any threat from the public anymore. It's healthy for our system that they be reminded of our capability to remove them from power if they become too tyrannical. WWNC and mopar absolutely serve in this capacity. They act to energize the 2a base.

Now you do also have to recognize that we are a LONG way away from actually using force against tyrants. So in this climate of a thousand cuts, we've got to use the current system and work with the people in office to influence policy. This does require classic political acumen and an educational tone. This also requires winning the moderates to our side in social media through attractive and reasonable ideas based in data. This is where a calm presentation that is willing to have a dialogue with the opposition comes in handy. We just plain do have data and reason on our side. If we take the time to present it in an attractive way, we can win people over to our side and dull the attacks from the other side. Because moderates make up the majority of the people in our nation, this is the strategy that the majority of our efforts should be directed towards.

Along with the social and political aspects comes political action during elections. It's more difficult to make atterbeary think rationally than it is to promote a poltical rival to bump her out of her seat. At the very least, it will keep people in close districts on their toes if they know they will have to spend much more money to beat an opponent if they support 2a infringements. Election time is the time to fight for the 2a. If we can get a couple thousand people to donate a day for testimony, we should be able to get a couple thousand people to hand out pamphlets or work a day for a pro-gun campaign. If nothing else, kick money you would spend on a magazine to a pro-gun campaign.

I see it a bit like why islam is so successful in conquest. When things get extreme, they have a jihadist military side that crushes opposition with force. For the rest of the time, they have nonviolent muslims immigrating to other countries and then having 12 kids, working within the system and using laws to their advantage. Depending on the conditions present, either can be the path to victory.

We have to recognize the importance of both camps and work cooperatively to promote the 2a.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I congratulate you. My Wife is lockstep with me about who we are friends with, and the people we allow into our lives. We have no qualms about parting ways with people who have lack values, or hold to values that are in opposition to what we live for.

Y’all are great people and I commend y’all to n your morals and values!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    jihad

I feel there's room for both approaches. We are not subjects of the crown. The people that set up our government went to great lengths to ensure the government should be afraid of the people. Rather than the marxist government system of thinking a utopia is possible, they knew that humans are prone to tyranny and constructed failsafes within the system to check the worst parts of humanity. People in government do not feel any threat from the public anymore. It's healthy for our system that they be reminded of our capability to remove them from power if they become too tyrannical. WWNC and mopar absolutely serve in this capacity. They act to energize the 2a base.

Now you do also have to recognize that we are a LONG way away from actually using force against tyrants. So in this climate of a thousand cuts, we've got to use the current system and work with the people in office to influence policy. This does require classic political acumen and an educational tone. This also requires winning the moderates to our side in social media through attractive and reasonable ideas based in data. This is where a calm presentation that is willing to have a dialogue with the opposition comes in handy. We just plain do have data and reason on our side. If we take the time to present it in an attractive way, we can win people over to our side and dull the attacks from the other side. Because moderates make up the majority of the people in our nation, this is the strategy that the majority of our efforts should be directed towards.

Along with the social and political aspects comes political action during elections. It's more difficult to make atterbeary think rationally than it is to promote a poltical rival to bump her out of her seat. At the very least, it will keep people in close districts on their toes if they know they will have to spend much more money to beat an opponent if they support 2a infringements. Election time is the time to fight for the 2a. If we can get a couple thousand people to donate a day for testimony, we should be able to get a couple thousand people to hand out pamphlets or work a day for a pro-gun campaign. If nothing else, kick money you would spend on a magazine to a pro-gun campaign.

I see it a bit like why islam is so successful in conquest. When things get extreme, they have a jihadist military side that crushes opposition with force. For the rest of the time, they have nonviolent muslims immigrating to other countries and then having 12 kids, working within the system and using laws to their advantage. Depending on the conditions present, either can be the path to victory.

We have to recognize the importance of both camps and work cooperatively to promote the 2a.

Islam also plays the long game. May not get you today, may not tomorrow, or next week or next year or even next ten years. But we will get you. Sound familiar? There seems to be many Ephialtes here. They forget the reason why the Bill of Rights are separate from Gov, or in spite of? When you have people who all they relish is to create chaos and have no meaning to assist 2A or is willing to give up on 2A or slowly let the right go is shameful. It is black and white. No 50 shades of gray- for those guys. Instead of trying to be the anti to everything, I do not see these people coming up with anything to advance/protect the 2A. Seems like MDS is beginning to become the CAS, NJS, even NYS. The californians are leaving and coming to Arizona due to bs yet still bring their bs from where they came. A lot of the antagonizing is done from the other side.

It is a shame. Not everyone agrees on everything but try to get along and advance the cause. Sometimes some of the others not only disagree, creating the infighting for some sick chub rub is reprehensible. To make me change my mind I would like to see the money where the mouth is and actually see non Glum comments and see pro 2A and how to get a multi-pronged approach advanced. Alas, I am sad to say I do not see that happening. A lot of pride needs to be swallowed. I feel some may choke on that pride.

I love this site for all the wealth and knowledge shared. Some knowledge that needs to be shared should be from the ones who have judicial knowledge, etc.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

There is room for multiple approaches. While I don't think the 2 finger salute is helpful, it is an expression of the frustration felt by many in our camp. Mopar had right to express that.

We need some people to take the "voice of reason" approach. We have that. MSI, MSRPA, NRA to name a few. They are the expert panels, they deliver an excellent message in a measured way and engage with the Moms pretty well. Not much criticism is levied at them, and with good reason.

We have the "We Will Not Comply" camp. PP being the shining example. Personally, I think this year the approach made a lot of people stand up and take notice. In the past I used to not be such a fan of this thinking "hey, we can reason with these people". We may be able to with a some. Not many. This wing of the 2A community expertly used WWNC to get the attention of legislators, Moms, and the broader (nationwide) 2A community. The approach is being used successfully in several other States. There is no such thing as bad publicity. Some members have gone out of their way to take a dump on these efforts because they don't like this approach. They see it as unlawful. It isn't. Non-compliance with Unconstitutional laws is a duty.

There are numerous videos of PP members engaging Moms in civil conversation on the sidewalks. Rational, well thought out dialogue. This is invaluable. We even had an airplane with a banner. Some people took a dump on this. Does it change the mind of the other side? No. It is, however, publicity. It boosts the morale of the troops. THAT is huge. Funny the people crapping on this deed were NOT the people out on the sidewalks doing the heavy lifting.

People have to understand that there is no one right way of doing things. They have to see the merit of different approaches. Different prongs of attack. We need more people to think outside the box.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    perfect

There is room for multiple approaches. While I don't think the 2 finger salute is helpful, it is an expression of the frustration felt by many in our camp. Mopar had right to express that.

We need some people to take the "voice of reason" approach. We have that. MSI, MSRPA, NRA to name a few. They are the expert panels, they deliver an excellent message in a measured way and engage with the Moms pretty well. Not much criticism is levied at them, and with good reason.

We have the "We Will Not Comply" camp. PP being the shining example. Personally, I think this year the approach made a lot of people stand up and take notice. In the past I used to not be such a fan of this thinking "hey, we can reason with these people". We may be able to with a some. Not many. This wing of the 2A community expertly used WWNC to get the attention of legislators, Moms, and the broader (nationwide) 2A community. The approach is being used successfully in several other States. There is no such thing as bad publicity. Some members have gone out of their way to take a dump on these efforts because they don't like this approach. They see it as unlawful. It isn't. Non-compliance with Unconstitutional laws is a duty.

There are numerous videos of PP members engaging Moms in civil conversation on the sidewalks. Rational, well thought out dialogue. This is invaluable. We even had an airplane with a banner. Some people took a dump on this. Does it change the mind of the other side? No. It is, however, publicity. It boosts the morale of the troops. THAT is huge. Funny the people crapping on this deed were NOT the people out on the sidewalks doing the heavy lifting.

People have to understand that there is no one right way of doing things. They have to see the merit of different approaches. Different prongs of attack. We need more people to think outside the box.

agree 100% with all the knowledge we should be crushing the other side and their parroting like the guest on SNL reading the Que Cards when doing their lines.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    funny

Yup the WWNC has been seen and applauded on many states. the people here who think the PP is too headstrong needs to see exactly what you said about how calm, non condescending, thoughtful when exchanging words with the rabid other side. I have seen it from many PP members. So the crazy PP is a red herring.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    In regards to civility and disagreement. I love a good disagreement and opposing viewpoints with a good mix of emotion and logic. There are plenty of people on this forum that I don’t always agree with but would gladly break bread with them.

What I cant stand is a person that constantly undermines and plays the devils advocate just for the sake of causing arguments. There are people out there that are so hungry for any type of acknowledgement that they will take any attention they can get, even negative. This is someone that I have no interest engaging in any type of conversation with, whether mundane or about real issues.

This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, just generally speaking.

Agreed, and it's the trolling-type activity that I find annoying and counterproductive. Opposing views are fine and healthy, but people stirring shit just for the sake of attention and responses is childish and harmful.

I'll add my :thumbsup: to this post.

I think the multi-pronged attack this year was an eye-opener. Just as a military needs land, sea, air and space based capabilities, we need legal, legislative, marketing/media, and in-your-face capabilities.

This year we saw that growing and its effectiveness, and I hope it continues and expands.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Nicely said. I do believe Mopar's salute was a net positive, only because he was the ONLY one to do it. He got there attention in a way that no one else did; that some of us have had it with them. If more people took that approach it would not be a positive thing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Nicely said. I do believe Mopar's salute was a net positive, only because he was the ONLY one to do it. He got there attention in a way that no one else did; it that them no that some of us have had it with them. If more people took that approach it would not be a positive thing.

I can see that perspective. Honestly, I couldn't look him in the eye and say he shouldn't have done that.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    correct

As a rule, I treat individuals as individuals. I have had some pleasant conversations with some individual MOMs who have actually come up to me to say that I had made some points in testimony that they had never considered. Guess I wasn't breathing fire that day (or maybe it was my dashing gray hair). Not a single MOM has been unpleasant to me personally. I respond accordingly. Personally, I see them as uninformed rather than as blood enemies. Easier on my blood pressure.

i sat in front of a few in the overflow rooms in Annapolis and they seemed to not know what they were talking. They appeared to be reading from scripts.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    There's a difference between not inviting someone to dinner at your house, and not going to a dinner with others because that same someone will be there. I completely understand the first. I don't understand the second, for this reason:

This also requires winning the moderates to our side in social media through attractive and reasonable ideas based in data. This is where a calm presentation that is willing to have a dialogue with the opposition comes in handy. We just plain do have data and reason on our side. If we take the time to present it in an attractive way, we can win people over to our side and dull the attacks from the other side.
    If you are dug in to your trench so deep that you have no dialogue with people that are halfway to the other side, but could be in the trenches with you, then you are setting yourself up for failure. You are letting the enemy control all of the dialogue with the people in the middle, and the enemy will win with that strategy.

I have several acquaintances who are Leftists, and some who would be gun grabbers. While I wouldn't necessarily befriend these people on my own, I am in a position where I can either make the most of their company on occasion, or make my wife's (and therefore my) social life miserable. I choose to do the former. I've had several discussions on various subjects with these people, and in the end, we still remain amicable. I've even turned a few around 180 on their stance, because I was able to deliver an argument that they could relate to.

We aren't going to win by digging ourselves in and saying to the other side and the MGA that "It's our way or the highway". We have to win one person at a time, and hope that it cascades from there.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Sadly, in this day and age, information must be presented as a meme. :rolleyes:

Or a one-liner sound bite zinger, like "The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back". That stole the headlines, despite the fact that Romney was right.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Or a one-liner sound bite zinger, like "The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back". That stole the headlines, despite the fact that Romney was right.

We have to find a way to say "the problem ain't us" in one line, and in a memorable way.

Better yet, put in on the General Assembly for refusing to pass common sense laws like making it a felony to steal a gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom