• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    He has said he agrees with UBC's too. His Bros here are cool with that though.

I guess they can talk about how open minded and civil they are at the next meetup. My principles won't allow me to break bread with people looking to help the enemy take more of my 2A rights.

It’s a shame, I’m sure there are many people that feel the same way as you do. I’d rather break bread with you.

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    Make no mistake people , MDA is a well organized and thought out bunch of folks. They study what works and what does not and try to follow their success strategy from one state to another. They are a serious enemy to the cause. Trust me , I know one or more and we should not laugh them off.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    What would you be accomplishing by being uncivil toward the politicians or the other side?

To express my dissatisfaction with their job performance and since a portion of my income subsides theirs, I don't think it obligates me to the usual level of politeness I reserve for others with opposing viewpoints.

Dude, we're paying these people to sit-around and concoct BS, unconstitutional laws that read like they were written by hormonally-imbalanced soccer moms who just had a bad experience with Wal Mart customer service? I want my fvcking $ back.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yeah, working in the construction trade is rough and definitely requires a different skill set than the courtroom. Attorneys are "civil". We smile at one another, shove a knife in the other's back when possible and smile while he bleeds out, and then smile and shake hands after the Judge is done screwing one of us. We thank the Judge too, even the losing attorney, because we know damn well that we are most likely going to be back in front of that judge. Worst thing I ever endured was a verdict against a client of mine for just under $80k, and I said, "Thank you your Honor" as I tried to pick my client's jaw off the floor. I advised him to settle for $20k, but he wanted to roll the dice. There was more to it, and a terrible attorney was also giving him incorrect advice, but it was a kick to the nuts nonetheless. Still smiled at the Judge and thanked him for his ruling.

All that ass sucking and thanking the enemy and back stabbing is how lawyers learn to talk out of both of their mouths and part of what’s wrong with our judicial system.

At least in construction you know what each man really stands for, construction workers don’t get years of schooling on how to be full of shit, they just say what they mean and stand by what they say.

I have been trying to learn to be civil for my wife’s sake but I have now decided fvck that. She has known what and who I am for nearly 50 years and she knows what she got when she got me, I ain’t changing to be nice to two faced shits who aren’t a quarter of the man I am, no matter who thinks it’s a good idea

We all gotta pick a side and stand by our decisions or we ain’t men. Everyone knows what side I am on.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    What are you accomplishing by being a Peacock crapping on the efforts of people whose side you say you are on? Yet here you are.

He's married to a MOM, likes UBC, and is fine banning bump stocks. George Washington should have just asked the British nicely.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Make no mistake people , MDA is a well organized and thought out bunch of folks. They study what works and what does not and try to follow their success strategy from one state to another. They are a serious enemy to the cause. Trust me , I know one or more and we should not laugh them off.

Careful there fella, if you suggest the Pro2A community should use well thought out strategies you'll be labeled a Fudd or "the enemy". :o

Just refer to some of the infighting in this thread alone. Self proclaimed tough guys like to puff up their chest and think just not losing it ALL is a winning strategy.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Careful there fella, if you suggest the Pro2A community should use well thought out strategies you'll be labeled a Fudd or "the enemy". :o

Just refer to some of the infighting in this thread alone. Self proclaimed tough guys like to puff up their chest and think just not losing it ALL is a winning strategy.

Put ketchup on your infringements so they go down easier?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Put ketchup on your infringements so they go down easier?

Not a fan of condiments in general, I tend to think people who need tons of shit slathered on their food might just actually not even like the food itself.

I just don't choose to partake in the attacking and piling on, serves no productive purpose. I also don't find it funny or cool to make claims about someone's wife whom I've never met, it's actually pretty rude.

But,... look HOW far we've come since ~2013. Few more laws and we'll be right up there with CA and NJ, stay the course!

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Damn, I was there that day and remember it well. The looks on their faces when they returned to the room were priceless. Definitely worth the price of admission! :lol2:

Sometimes I think back to my first trip to Annapolis way back in 2005, the year after the federal "assault" weapons ban expired and Maryland (especially Frosh) wanted desperately to pass it's own. While it may seem to many here that fighting is a lost cause because we always lose, all I can say is that if folks in the past had not been there to fight the fight, we would already have laws mandating micro-stamping, serialized ammunition, a much, much smaller roster of approved handguns, a ban on "assault" weapons, and a host of other infringements. We may have lost ground in some areas, but we have prevented the complete demolition of the 2A in Maryland.

People tend to forget that Maryland is an outlier in so many ways. We are a small state with a deeply embedded political machine and due to the proximity of the Federal Government, we have a very transient population with most people only living in the state 5-8 years before they move on. It is only those few of us who have been here for their whole lives (or a large portion of it) that see the deterioration of our state and our freedoms. The transients move in, see things as they exist at that point in history, and just assume that this is they way it has always been here. They are typically too busy raising and caring for their families to notice the changes that occur while here, and then they are gone. Getting involved in the politics of this state is just not something that is even on their radar.

While I have been absent from Annapolis these last few years due to family health issues, I made the journey, multiple times each year from 2005 through 2015 and I continued to write and call since then. Even with all of that involvement, I had never heard about MDShooters until I was sitting in a hearing room in 2013 next to a forum member who asked me for my user name, and I didn't know what he was talking about. Prior to that all of my activism was with members of my home shooting club. It's why I'm a '13er, and not an 05'er I suppose, but it was fantastic to learn that there was much, much, larger group involved in this battle than just my little collective and I have continued to spread the word.

In all of that, I have learned that Civility, even in the most daunting and frustrating of situations, has a much higher chance of success than confrontation. While we are as a group very passionate in our beliefs, allowing our frustration at the falsehoods and misrepresentations in our opponents testimony to cause us loose our civility just plays into their hands. They point to us and say that it shows we are capable of "loosing our self control" and further that "Who knows what might have happened if they had a gun!"

While there are certainly legislators who are passionately opposed to all guns and their owners, it has been my experience that for the vast majority of them they are simply ignorant of the entire subject matter. They rely on information fed to them from their party leaders, or their staff who often get their information from the party leaders. That is all they know, and usually they are so busy during the session, it's all they have time to know. Finding ways to educate them during the "off-season" would likely have the biggest impact on the process, but that is something outside my bailiwick.

I want to again thank all of those who committed so much of their time, energy, and effort this year to the fight. Your presence was felt, not only in Annapolis, but around the Nation, if not the World after the NZ incident. The fact that no major new gun bills were passed this year in Maryland, especially after the Capitol Gazette and the NZ Incidents, is a testament to the resolve of everyone involved.

View attachment 257957

So much truth in this post.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not a fan of condiments in general, I tend to think people who need tons of shit slathered on their food might just actually not even like the food itself.

I just don't choose to partake in the attacking and piling on, serves no productive purpose. I also don't find it funny or cool to make claims about someone's wife whom I've never met, it's actually pretty rude.

But,... look HOW far we've come since ~2013. Few more laws and we'll be right up there with CA and NJ, stay the course!

I would not go after family, but I think some people here are a cancer. You may think I'm a cancer. I'm fine with that.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Next, you are going to be screaming that I should be banned, because I am a troll and an emasculated husband of one of the "Moms".

Yeah, it would be really nice to know a lot more about some of the people on here. Alas, the internet provides a lot of anonymity. I try to attend as many functions as I possibly can on this board, sometimes with my wife or kids with me. Come to one and meet me and my wife. Talk to my wife. Make up your own mind. Bring your wife or girlfriend too so I can talk to her. Let's get to know one another and see exactly where we stand on a lot of things.

Not making claims about his wife. Just pointing out what he said about his own wife. He has yet to refute that his wife is a red shirt.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

I agree 100% attacking persons is never productive as a general rule . Thank You for saying it .

Civility does work most of the time .

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I may have shared this story before, but here it is again. On Senate gun bill day this year, we again got to Annapolis super early, parked at Navy Stadium, and rode the shuttle over. A ton of state employees got on from their lot and we heard them discussing the crowd from Monday. Someone said something along the lines of hearing about another gun bill day, and wondering if the "gun lobby" was coming again, that there were less cars in the parking lot. I politely interrupted and mentioned that we were not a paid lobby, but instead ordinary citizens who took off work to come down and fight for our rights. They were very surprised by that, but were very polite, we exchanged a bit more information. They weren't overly interested in the sausage making, they seemed to all work in the non political offices. They did say that it was neat that we all cared so much to do all of that. I mentioned that there would likely be less people that day then Monday because people only have so much leave to burn, etc. Hopefully those dozen or so people on the bus mentioned that to at least one other person a piece. I think for regular people, they like to know that we are doing this as private citizens. I like to bring that up in small conversations with people who are open minded. It makes it more personal and real to them.
    Thank you for doing this. It is exactly why i go to the PP events and gun bill days. It gives me a chance to show fence sitters that gun owners are their neighbors, their doctors, their mechanics, their lawyers, etc., and that we are not the maniacs that are the outliers shown by the media because they are what passes for newsworthy. We are ordinary people who are different only because we understand that morality cant be legislated, and that the people who these onerous laws are aimed at will disregard them. Oh, and that we actually understand the historical context of the right to keep and bear arms, and that no part of that right can be or has been lawfully revoked.

Hats off to everyone who did what they could to make a difference this year.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County

:thumbsup:

For good or bad, what we do not want MDS to become is an Echo Chamber. We need our thoughts, beliefs and arguments challenged, so they do not become dull. We need to keep our tools and arguments sharp.

What we do not need are childish, condescending jabs at each other and their families. There are many posts I start to reply to, but then stop myself and just move on. Use the block function if you can not keep yourself from jumping in the kiddie pool. Civility includes the ability to just swallow the desire to one-up someone, an move on.

Time to move on folks, time to move on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom