• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Naaa, Hogan's not involved in this at all, at least I doubt it.

As as been postulated, if any official did this, it was a member of the MGA who grew tired of truth bombs being lobbed into them in front of the Statehouse by PP members and who earlier invaded a political event and embarrassed one of the members.

Hopefully Discovery will reveal the thug.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    As as been postulated, if any official did this, it was a member of the MGA who grew tired of truth bombs being lobbed into them in front of the Statehouse by PP members and who earlier invaded a political event and embarrassed one of the members.

Hopefully Discovery will reveal the thug.

That would be so awesome.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don’t think Sgt Pope acted unilaterally, given his frequent interactions with the PP on many other occasions with no action taken

But who knows?

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hmmmm thinking.... If Sgt Pope was told by some "bigwig senator" move them to Lawyers Mall and then you can arrest for protesting without a permit and when he saw they would not move to Lawyers Mall then he made up the next excuse to arrest Rack and his brother. Im just thinking if this could have happened and or that is what the good Sgt was trying to do???

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Hmmmm thinking.... If Sgt Pope was told by some "bigwig senator" move them to Lawyers Mall and then you can arrest for protesting without a permit and when he saw they would not move to Lawyers Mall then he made up the next excuse to arrest Rack and his brother. Im just thinking if this could have happened and or that is what the good Sgt was trying to do???

Now that, would be entrapment. Giving somebody an order, that breaks the law and then arresting them when they follow said order, would be entrapment.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/entrapment-basics-33987.html

Ordering 8 to 10 men to move to Lawyer's Mall, and then arresting them after they obey your order would have been sheer stupidity on Officer Pope's account. He would have had 8 to 10 men, under oath, saying how he ordered them to move off the sidewalk and then he arrested them because they did so.

Then, his main target would have had to be the Hulberts since some of the men involved did move over to Lawyer's Mall and they were not arrested, but the Hulberts were arrested for not moving. So, he would have had to be brilliant enough to say "I am going to put the Hulberts in a no win situation. I am going to order them to move to Lawyer's Mall and if they do, I am going to arrest all 10 guys. If the Hulberts don't move, I am going to arrest them for not obeying a lawful order." Of course, what the heck would have happened if the Hulberts and most of the others moved but only a couple stayed on the sidewalk? Then Pope would have really had a conundrum on who to arrest and what the story would look like in Court.

You guys really think he was thinking this deep into the entire thing, especially since others in this very thread have said that Pope did not have an issue with PP on the sidewalk on many other occurrences.

Think we are going to have to wait for discovery to be concluded before we have any idea what the record will show. Even then, most of us will not be present for depositions, privy to deposition transcripts, able to review the documents provided by the State and others under a Request for Production of Documents, etc.

So, that only leaves us with the ability to speculate until we attend every day of the trial in this matter and listen to the scintilla of evidence that both sides deem worthy to present.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Now that, would be entrapment. Giving somebody an order, that breaks the law and then arresting them when they follow said order, would be entrapment.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/entrapment-basics-33987.html

Ordering 8 to 10 men to move to Lawyer's Mall, and then arresting them after they obey your order would have been sheer stupidity on Officer Pope's account. He would have had 8 to 10 men, under oath, saying how he ordered them to move off the sidewalk and then he arrested them because they did so.

Then, his main target would have had to be the Hulberts since some of the men involved did move over to Lawyer's Mall and they were not arrested, but the Hulberts were arrested for not moving. So, he would have had to be brilliant enough to say "I am going to put the Hulberts in a no win situation. I am going to order them to move to Lawyer's Mall and if they do, I am going to arrest all 10 guys. If the Hulberts don't move, I am going to arrest them for not obeying a lawful order." Of course, what the heck would have happened if the Hulberts and most of the others moved but only a couple stayed on the sidewalk? Then Pope would have really had a conundrum on who to arrest and what the story would look like in Court.

You guys really think he was thinking this deep into the entire thing, especially since others in this very thread have said that Pope did not have an issue with PP on the sidewalk on many other occurrences.

Think we are going to have to wait for discovery to be concluded before we have any idea what the record will show. Even then, most of us will not be present for depositions, privy to deposition transcripts, able to review the documents provided by the State and others under a Request for Production of Documents, etc.

So, that only leaves us with the ability to speculate until we attend every day of the trial in this matter and listen to the scintilla of evidence that both sides deem worthy to present.

Other members also refused to move, but were not arrested. Only the Hulberts were arrested. Watch the video.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    That missing un accounted for money in the States Attorneys office will be found in time to settle this case. It's probably the exact amount...

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Bedtime story:

Attachments

• 33C11704-F69D-49A7-9736-7FC80A525F58.jpg
      33C11704-F69D-49A7-9736-7FC80A525F58.jpg
      43.1 KB · Views: 335
    • 259A8CEB-FE09-49EE-A7C1-BE3D742C811E.jpg
      259A8CEB-FE09-49EE-A7C1-BE3D742C811E.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 346
    • CBC3F9A7-CB53-4994-ABF2-2B5547A7C7CB.jpg
      CBC3F9A7-CB53-4994-ABF2-2B5547A7C7CB.jpg
      29.8 KB · Views: 342
    • EE640ABF-1DA2-4E27-AD3E-DD4D1D5630B4.jpg
      EE640ABF-1DA2-4E27-AD3E-DD4D1D5630B4.jpg
      64.2 KB · Views: 350
    • 7F14447F-5328-485C-A5BB-94C121BE21B7.jpg
      7F14447F-5328-485C-A5BB-94C121BE21B7.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 347

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    This ^ . Nobody moved to Lawyers Mall.

So, everybody refused to do what Pope "ordered" and only the Hulberts were arrested? If that is the case, then Pope really is a moron.

My recollection of the incident is different than yours, but I am only going from what I read and what I can remember of what I read, not what I actually saw with my own two eyes while being present while it happened. So, we will have to wait for discovery to be concluded and see what everybody's recollection is that was present that very night.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    That missing un accounted for money in the States Attorneys office will be found in time to settle this case. It's probably the exact amount...

As I have already pointed out, and posted a link to the actual Office of Legislative Audits report, there was no missing money. There was an improper procurement procedure used to purchase something like $60k worth of goods, and the total amount spent on that type of goods/services was $2.1 million for the audit period.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Video taken that night clearly shows that several of those involved not only did not retreat to LM but actively continued to picket the whole time the brothers were being arrested.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    So, everybody refused to do what Pope "ordered" and only the Hulberts were arrested? If that is the case, then Pope really is a moron.

My recollection of the incident is different than yours, but I am only going from what I read and what I can remember of what I read, not what I actually saw with my own two eyes while being present while it happened. So, we will have to wait for discovery to be concluded and see what everybody's recollection is that was present that very night.

Your recollection is obviously and totally wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom