• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    He put gun on layaway. He is risking with $300 (in case of no go to MD and he has to cancel order). He didn't give FFL yet, so they can not ship it yet.

I will have answer on Wednesday from first hand (hopefully positive).
    Let him know to get a local FFL in MD to get it.

As for the HQL class, tell him to buy a stripped AR lower. After he picks up the lower, he can use the lower to be training exempt and not need to take the class. He'll still have to pay for fingerprints and the license. So instead of the total HQL cost coming to over 250 for one gun, you get 2 guns for less than 200.

Palmaris

Dec 28, 2018
    Let him know to get a local FFL in MD to get it.

As for the HQL class, tell him to buy a stripped AR lower. After he picks up the lower, he can use the lower to be training exempt and not need to take the class. He'll still have to pay for fingerprints and the license. So instead of the total HQL cost coming to over 250 for one gun, you get 2 guns for less than 200.

Thank you very much for advice. He already set up his HQL class and it is too late.
    How he can provide FFL in MD if we are not clear P210 is legal to be transferred or not?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Thank you very much for advice. He already set up his HQL class and it is too late.
    How he can provide FFL in MD if we are not clear P210 is legal to be transferred or not?

I recommend calling Dan at Baltimore's Best Pawn. He is a forum-IP: 410-526-1011

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

If it's not on the roster a Maryland FFL can receive it for someone and then submit the gun to the roster board for approval. That process takes a couple months. Once it appears on the roster the buyer can start the paperwork with the FFL to be able to take it home.

Palmaris

Dec 28, 2018
    If it's not on the roster a Maryland FFL can receive it for someone and then submit the gun to the roster board for approval. That process takes a couple months. Once it appears on the roster the buyer can start the paperwork with the FFL to be able to take it home.

How FFL can received for someone, if gun will be shipped to FFL on behalf of my son?
    My son's HQL set up for next Saturday, in 10 days after, he will get his HQL, can the gun be shipped to FFL for his name and wait for approval? Couple month-how much storage will cost at FFL?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    First step is your son will need to find an FFL to work with. You should direct him here and he can reach out to an IP near him and see if they will do that for him. Once he finds an FFL that'l work with him on this he can have the gun shipped there. It's up to the FFL to not release it until it's on the roster. Tell him to tell the FFL what he wants to do, not all FFL's may want to go through the extra steps. Not sure if or how much extra an FFL will charge for that.

Palmaris

Dec 28, 2018
    First step is your son will need to find an FFL to work with. You should direct him here and he can reach out to an IP near him and see if they will do that for him. Once he finds an FFL that'l work with him on this he can have the gun shipped there. It's up to the FFL to not release it until it's on the roster. Tell him to tell the FFL what he wants to do, not all FFL's may want to go through the extra steps. Not sure if or how much extra an FFL will charge for that.

Thanks a lot.
    My son lives in Baltimore. Do you have in mind FFL which is willing to do it in/around Baltimore?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Thanks a lot.
    My son lives in Baltimore. Do you have in mind FFL which is willing to do it in/around Baltimore?

Here's a list of the IP's https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

I've personally dealt with Blue Fins, Duffy's and Gun Connection before and all have been great to work with. I've never had to get a gun on the roster so I don't know which would be willing to do it?

Palmaris

Dec 28, 2018
    Have your son call 2A Sales and if they don't have one in stock see if they can order it. That shop has sold at least one of these to a MD resident in the last year. :innocent0

No, he didn't call yet. They are close. I guess till Wednesday. He or me, for sure will call.
    Amazing things I have learned after calling/contacting couple of MD FFLs-they all send me to roster, even after I told them-I can't figure out. All of them told me-get it on the roster and we will do transfer. I was under impression FFL must to know if he can accept gun for transfer, not a customer. Customer can be no proficient in local laws and can say it is on roster. Am I missing something?

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Palmaris;
    Thanks for the explanation. I really wasn’t trying to be offensive but helpful because the members here are a wealth of knowledge and experience.

I do wish you and yours a happy new year

Palmaris

Dec 28, 2018
    Palmaris;
    Thanks for the explanation. I really wasn’t trying to be offensive but helpful because the members here are a wealth of knowledge and experience.

I do wish you and yours a happy new year

It is all good, no hard feelings.
    Happy New Year to you and your family!

Palmaris

Dec 28, 2018
    Just looked ate Sig Sauer website and this is what I have found. It looks like it is sub model designation. Model is P210, which got to be prefect fit to roster.
    G5Qhts7.jpg

ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    Who is the California version of MSI? This thread show the need to donate to others that are oppressed!! I hope you get your gun.

Palmaris

Dec 28, 2018
    I called this morning to 2A Sales and first off all-they are accepting anything from Budsgunshop.com this is their business policy-I respected. On my question is P210 legal to transfer-guy answered to me “I guess”. He didn’t wanto to discause further because of their business plicy-I have full respect to that.
    So, still, I have one more source-Marlene from your roster depaent. She will talk to licensing depatment today and later I will call for results.
    I will keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom