• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepin13

Jan 10, 2011
    Bel Air, MD
    I'd be in in a heartbeat if I had more bow experience. Good on you for offering the spot / spots and congrats to those chosen

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I'd be in in a heartbeat if I had more bow experience. Good on you for offering the spot / spots and congrats to those chosen

Talk to the OP...the way it reads he just wants to know what experience you have. I got into a bow only hunting area with little experience. I just had to hit a target 2 of 3 times in the vitals at an unknown range/distance, within bow shooting range of course.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I have received over a dozen PM's so far, I'm sure more to come. Doesn't hurt to shoot me a PM. I'm waiting till Monday to start going through all the PM's and start reviewing with the other boys I hunt with.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Sorry for the delay, but everyone's PM's have been responded to. Thanks to all those who inquired and I am hoping for a great season 2015/16.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Very nice opportunity and gesture by the OP. I would have thrown my hat in with the bunch had I seen this sooner. Always good to meet new hunters.

OP - I fully understand why you are doing such a thorough background check on anybody you allow to hunt on your property. If it were me, I'd run them through the 17 database background check that MSP does for a regulated firearm. Heck, I'd have them fill out a Form 77r for me too. I've seen way too many disasters and heard way too many horror stories of hunters just abusing landowners. Those few bad apples leave such a bad taste in the landowner's mouth, that the landowner barely even wants to let his relatives hunt on the property.

A high school kid got permission to goose hunt a pond on a farm. Well, he tells a buddy about it and invites him to opening day. He tells the buddy to tell other people about it. Opening day, there are 12 people shooting this pond. They got a ton of birds, but the farm owner wasn't all that thrilled with that amount of shooting and that was the last time that kid was allowed to hunt that property.

The list of disasters goes on and on.

Anyway, kudos to you for being willing to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom